Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Allen-Arena-Interior-900x675.jpg

LIPSCOMB
Enrollment: 4,585
Website: lipscombsports.com Colors: Purple & Gold Nickname: Bisons
Arena: Allen Arena (5,028)
Head Coach: Lennie Acuff Record at School: 1st Season Record: 533-313 (29 Seasons)
Twitter: @LipscombMBB
2018-19 Record: 29-8, 14-2
2018-19 Finish: 1st ASUN
2018-19 Postseason: NIT Finals
Starters R/L: 1/4 R/L: 8/7

GAME NOTES

LIVE VIDEO

TWITTER UPDATES

Live Stats

Last edited:
Guess I'm one of the few area sports fans who will either be at this game or watching on ESPN+ rather than being focused on the FB collision in Tuscaloosa. This game is a hell of a lot more important to this MT fan.

Hope some of you are with me.

Guess I'm one of the few area sports fans who will either be at this game or watching on ESPN+ rather than being focused on the FB collision in Tuscaloosa. This game is a hell of a lot more important to this MT fan.

I live downtown Nashville so I’m not missing this game for anything. To me almost any game MT is playing in is more important than any other sporting event period. The Preds are the only other entity that even come close.

I’m going to the Lipscomb game with my family of 4 plus my in-laws.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'd say that the majority of MT fans, who visit this board, care about MT over any other team.

Personally, outside of MT, I couldn't tell you which teams are playing each other and I only care if it impacts the Raiders.

Good win, but you can tell they are still trying to figure out their roles. Did Crump play at all tonight?

No he didn’t play tonight... you’re though about trying to figure out roles.. games are the only way to figure that out- all the practice in the world can’t do that..

Still too many turnovers but the 1-3-1 paid dividends..
I was at the game and thought I saw crump get in briefly. We have to do a better job on the defensive front.

we were +3 and won on the road outright. that's respectable. winning on the road isn't easy, and lipscomb is a respectable team. This is good progress. Thank god our basketball team will at least be competitive this year. Finally something interesting to cheer on.

Reactions: GMClemson33
With that being said, we shot 43.3% from 3 and they shot 28.1%

We were pretty fortunate to win the game. On most nights, the numbers from the 3pt line are going to be be more even and we will have to find other ways to win especially with the 3pt line being further away now.

They beat us on the glass, 41-35, and we committed 20 turnovers to their 18. That's 8 possessions right there. We've gotta do a better job limiting the turnovers and hitting the glass. Was an ugly game but we found a way to win.

My 1st time to see this year's edition of the Blue Raiders. I needed a scorecard in the 1st half to tell the players.

As stated it's hard to win on the road and there is no such thing as a bad win. Regardless, prior to the game considering how much the Bison had lost last year along with the fact that their coach is in his 1st year I had expected a more dominant win by McDevitt in his 2nd year. But, in looking at this year's team it looks much like last years looked early in the year, only with obviously a better crop of new players. (the three freshmen all look like contributors along with Millner)

Gotta hope in time we develop some mid-range offense and the players become more precise on both ends of the floor. It will take some time for the players to understand their roles and games such as today will go a long way to help the staff gain insights.

It's taking me, after 16 years of Kermit Davis, some time getting use to a coach not jumping on a player or summarily taking them out of the game after a bone-headed play (bad shot, missed defensive assignment, etc.). Really wonder what is going through McDevitt's head at such times when he appears so calm. A couple of times today I wanted McDevitt to show his displeasure more explicitly. Does that make me a bad person?

A couple of times today I wanted McDevitt to show his displeasure more explicitly. Does that make me a bad person?

No. I completely agree with you. When a player makes an obviously stupid decision, he should be reminded so. Perhaps McDevitt prefers to do it during film study or practice, but still....it's weird how he doesn't get angry at some things.

Reactions: bluefutcpa
ADVERTISEMENT