ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ Charlotte, 6PM, Wednesday, March 2, 2022

We have a nice group of ex-Avl players that live in the Charlotte area and I’m making the drive over to meet up and watch this game.. anyone else going to the game Wednesday?

It feels like the perfect trap/let down game but hoping they can maintain momentum and confidence either way.. like others here I tend to like losing a game before a tourney to refocus etc.. long winning streaks seem to lend to teams being too confident.. benefit of MT having so many players contribute is that the individual let downs are somewhat negated..

We have a nice group of ex-Avl players that live in the Charlotte area and I’m making the drive over to meet up and watch this game.. anyone else going to the game Wednesday?

It feels like the perfect trap/let down game but hoping they can maintain momentum and confidence either way.. like others here I tend to like losing a game before a tourney to refocus etc.. long winning streaks seem to lend to teams being too confident.. benefit of MT having so many players contribute is that the individual let downs are somewhat negated..
Are you going to be repping MT gear?

Are you going to be repping MT gear?
I have several MT shirts but I have this tradition/hang up of not wearing team gear for the team I’m rooting for on game days.. they always lose when I wear their gear.. Steelers, UNC Asheville, MT whomever.. so for the last 20 years I’ll wear the team colors but none of the team gear.. we all have our thing.. and if it’s just me that’s fine too.. I’ll have a blue Nike pullover jacket most likely.. 😎

I fully expect us to lose one of these games this week, but I agree with you that it wouldn't be the worse thing to happen heading into the CUSA tournament. North Texas is going to be in danger of that happening to them if they win out. I could see them dropping their first game in the CUSA tournament.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I have felt like every game for the last 5-6 was going to be a trap game, but honestly I was just so scared they would lose. We are a strong team and should win this by 7-8.

(IfeellikeIjustscrewedus)

I have several MT shirts but I have this tradition/hang up of not wearing team gear for the team I’m rooting for on game days.. they always lose when I wear their gear.. Steelers, UNC Asheville, MT whomever.. so for the last 20 years I’ll wear the team colors but none of the team gear.. we all have our thing.. and if it’s just me that’s fine too.. I’ll have a blue Nike pullover jacket most likely.. 😎
Didn’t know you were a fellow Steelers fan. One of my old college teammates just hung up his headphones as DC for Tomlin and he’s settling into retirement here in Franklin. 😉

Reactions: kingaling42
I fully expect us to lose one of these games this week, but I agree with you that it wouldn't be the worse thing to happen heading into the CUSA tournament. North Texas is going to be in danger of that happening to them if they win out. I could see them dropping their first game in the CUSA tournament.
A lot of old school coaches hated going into the post-season on a long winning streak. Needed a loss to remember what a loss feels like and to regain focus.
Win the next two and we would go into Frisco on a 10 game streak. If we lose one of the next two tonight is the probable L. I see we're only favored by Vagas by 1.5 - 2.5.

Charlotte is the more favorable match up, in my opinion. It's the ODU game at their place that has me more concerned.

Sims a no show so far this game like he was against Western. We really need him to step up especially with Jefferson out.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Saw this loss coming. We looked sluggish. We played bad defense, turned the ball over, and couldn't shoot. Hopefully it wakes them up for the tournament and doesn't hurt any NIT bid we might get.

Saw this loss coming. We looked sluggish. We played bad defense, turned the ball over, and couldn't shoot. Hopefully it wakes them up for the tournament and doesn't hurt any NIT bid we might get.

It probably knocked us out of the NIT unless we make the CUSA tournament finals.

We were projecting as the last at large team in the NIT or just outside going into tonight. We will be on the outside looking in now. We will need the win over UAB in the semifinals without a loss to ODU to get back in contention and that’s only if there are not too many regular season champs beaten in their conference tournament.

If we had won tonight and against ODU, I don’t think it mattered what happened in the conference tournament, we would be NCAA or NIT bound. We might sneak in the NIT still, but we are probably win the conference tournament for the NCAA or bust now

Worrisome loss and worrisome to see Jefferson not playing.

better play better at ODU. I don’t think going into CUSA tournament on a losing streak with best player maybe injured is a recipe for winning it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT