ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee at FIU 11am, Saturday, January 15, 2022

Lost in OT after trailing most of the game. We are really struggling getting to the FT line. Also need an aggressive rebounder. This team has a ton of young talent and will get better. Tough loss but hopefully they grow from it.

Wish to h--l the MT women's BkB fans from the Zone had come over here. I begged them at the time.
I'm not a huge women's BkB fan but Insell made the sport interesting because of his following at the time.
Just wondering: How many of you posters took the time to watch the game on ESPN+?
Could you give us some observations?

This is a good Young Team. They only have the Whittington Twins, Saar and Whitson with any experience. The rest of the team is made up of mostly freshman. Gregory, Blakley, Dodgen and Payne are true freshman that when hot can shoot the eyes out. Malashka is a transfer that is really, really good and Boldyreva at 6'6" and 17 years old is gonna be unstoppable once she gets a little stronger. Grannum at 6'4" is a redshirt freshman that is improving. This is a learning year for most of the team but they are fun to watch and plays their hearts out. This last game I think they got killed by the ref's. FIU was 16 of 18 from the charity stripe and Middle was 4 of 5 so you be the judge. They are 13 and 4 with losses to Marquette, Troy, Utep and FIU by a total of 8 pts. One of the twins is going to graduate and go work on another degree or something and Saar is gone so the rest of this team is back next year. If Malashka had played FIU would have loss even with the ref's sending them to the charity stripe 18 times.

Last edited:
So which twin is graduating? Does the other have eligibility left. I thought they both were out of eligibility. This is the best freshman class Insell has had since Brandy Brown, Jackie Pickel, and Chelsea Lymon. I am in person or watch all the games, but I missed this one. One thing that bodes well for the freshman is that they are getting noticeably better during the season. Jaylen Gregory is already the best all-around freshman since Brandy Brown, but she is learning to reel in her fouls. Courtney Blakely is getting some of those quick scoring moves to fall more now. She also has improved in handling the team as a point guard. Like the previous poster said, Boldyreva only needs to work out her moves some and add some strength in her base. If we can keep her around 2 years she will be unstoppable except at the very highest level of women's basketball. Gracie Dodgen is starting to get some minutes and has a great shooting touch. Malashka has a great step-through move that has everyone perplexed. Other players are not used to it, so it makes her really strong down low. If you could put Grannum's strength with Boldyreva, you would have an unstoppable player right now. If we can keep all or most of this group together, it will be a great, great team. In todays environment, that is the big if. I didn't mention Skye Payne. I think she has as much potential as almost all of them. Unfortunately she separated a shoulder and had season ending surgery to repair it. (I think) I like to brag about them. :)

I forgot to brag about Dorr. She has a slower, methodical approach to the point, but her 3-point shot is very mechanically sound. It wasn't falling at a particularly high clip earlier in the year, but it seems to be falling a lot more lately when she is in with Blakely running the point at the same time. With Gregory, Sarr and Whitson as premiere 3-point shooters and Alexis as an all-around everywhere player, they are powerful. Amanda is coming on this year also. She hit the game winning 3 pointer at FAU the other night.

I forgot to brag about Dorr. She has a slower, methodical approach to the point, but her 3-point shot is very mechanically sound. It wasn't falling at a particularly high clip earlier in the year, but it seems to be falling a lot more lately when she is in with Blakely running the point at the same time. With Gregory, Sarr and Whitson as premiere 3-point shooters and Alexis as an all-around everywhere player, they are powerful. Amanda is coming on this year also. She hit the game winning 3 pointer at FAU the other night.
Amanda is the one going to grad school from what I was told. Because of covid everyone was given an extra year by the NCAA is what I was told. Alexis will be here next year if I'm not mistaken. We also have a good incoming freshman class.

ADVERTISEMENT