ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee at Colorado State 3 pm, Saturday, September 10, 2022

Interesting playcalling by CSU. Little screens for 5-7 yards hoping to break one open. Seems like a bad approach.

Quite honestly I'm surprised. I expected CSU to beat us up, especially after last week.

I missed a lot of the game, but I would be curious what you guys saw differently from last week to this week.

Nice to see the defense step up and say enough is enough.

We have some grown men on that DL. They are going to keep us in some games and maybe even help us win some games that we would normally lose.

This team has some real potential to push for 7-8 games if the offense continues to improve.

I said before the season started that going 1-1 in these opening 2 games is key.

It wasn't pretty, but we are 1-1. Gotta take care of business against an underrated Tn St. team at home then go roll the dice down in Miami.

TSU won’t lay down.

I agree. We better be ready to play or they will leave Floyd stadium with a W.

FCS programs have closed the gap significantly with the lower FBS schools IMO. Look no further than the current scores across the country if you need evidence.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
It would be so Middle and Stockstill to lay an egg next weekend

I think this team and program feeds off the doubt and hate.

I don't think I've ever seen a Stockstill team play well when they are expected to play well.

So with that being said, I still think we suck and we will probably lose to TSU @ home next week.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Surprising win! Maybe 2-1 start isn't out of the realm of possibility after all...

We are back baby! Tell your friends, coworkers, neighbors, pack the iron skillet and support these athletes!

was kinda cool to see the other teams qb puking on the stream after getting lit up. Fun game that’s what’s gets butts in the seats.

Damn, how bad is the vibe when a bar right next to campus is showing the game only on one tv?! Is it one over the urinals?
I actually was there and it was pretty dumb on their part imo. They had the Tennessee vs Pitt on all the other tvs but there were more MT fans there watching the one tv (good size one though).

Gotta hand it to the funbelt

Marshall over UND
App over A&M
Ga Southern over Nebraska

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
That front 7 is nasty. I watched most of the game and I think they ran out of gas a little bit, but for the most part were dominant.

That's kind of the m.o. of Stocks teams though. There's always one bright spot unit on the field. I saw nothing out of the offense that leads me to believe that it's a competent G5 level offensive line and that's going to cost us.

I saw a really bad Co State team that was getting manhandled. Would like to see the D keep improving. Offense is tough to watch.

I remember back to UNT when their D superseded their O in sunbelt 1.0. -- If our D continues to improve, a mediocre O can get us where we need to be….for at least this year. Beggars can’t be choosy.

Last edited:
I'd love to be in the Funbelt but man, we would get our tails wiped across the floor.
Honestly I’m kinda happy with CUSA (with the exception of geography and I would bolt to the SBC if offered). We really need to focus on winning and improving facilities. How weak the bottom of CUSA 4.0 is should help us win a lot of games. Those teams that won yesterday won because of deep history of winning. It makes it way easier to recruit when you’re winning a lot of games. Regardless of who you beat recruits want to go where they can win. App made massive strides by beating up on a weak SBC for a while.

Honestly I’m kinda happy with CUSA (with the exception of geography and I would bolt to the SBC if offered). We really need to focus on winning and improving facilities. How weak the bottom of CUSA 4.0 is should help us win a lot of games. Those teams that won yesterday won because of deep history of winning. It makes it way easier to recruit when you’re winning a lot of games. Regardless of who you beat recruits want to go where they can win. App made massive strides by beating up on a weak SBC for a while.

Going to be blunt with you. You’re wrong in your assessment about App and the parallels here. That’s not where, when, or how they made strides.

For me a successful program, especially G-5 programs must have a strong administration. This means from president down. President must have guts to hold athletic director accountable, who holds coaches, who hold players. I will tip my cap to sunbelt on this for football, not so much basketball. They know football is the true moneymaker & they want college presidents who push this belief.

Reactions: dukewayne
Going to be blunt with you. You’re wrong in your assessment about App and the parallels here. That’s not where, when, or how they made strides.
Maybe I should have clarified. App was built in the SoCon and had probably the biggest upset in college football history that vaulted them to bigger things. I grew up with plenty of App fans in my family and a lot of friends attending the school. Playing in a watered down SBC and beating up on that competition has helped their transition. I fully expect Liberty to do exactly the same thing in CUSA. Kudos to them but winning is what recruits want. There’s a reason App out recruits numerous P5 schools. A lot of fringe P5 players will end up at G5 schools that win. Our problem is we aren’t a G5 school that wins.

ADVERTISEMENT