ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (9-7, 2-3) @ Rice (11-4, 2-2), 7PM, Wednesday, January 11, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 6,628
Arena: Tudor Fieldhouse (5,208)
Colors: Blue & Gray Nickname: Owls
Head Coach: Scott Pera
Record at School: 66-90 (6th Season) Career Record: 66-90 (6th Season)
2021-22 Record: 16-17, 7-11 2021-22 Finish: 5th C-USA West 2021-22Postseason: CBI First Round
Starters R/L: 2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 8/8

Since the Owl destruction in Murfreesboro there's been an amazing turnaround in anticipated records for the 2 teams. Nice about face for Rice sporting a healthy 11-4 record so far.

Yea, Rice is going to want some payback after the early season whoopin. They almost immediately started to impressively improve and have done well overall.

If MT isn't dialed in and playing at their best, MT could end up in for a long and ugly night.

Again, MT has talent, athleticism, and potential to beat anyone in conference. Therein lies the problem, it is exceedingly frustrating that the team is not performing anywhere near consistency at that high level of potential.

Reactions: tyler90wm
A ton of comments on the loss to UNT how we blew a 19-point lead to a good team at home and the sky is falling. Very little how we fought back down double digits to beat a good team on the road. Need more consistency, but the season is far from over.

Thinking that the game Monday night will determine our regular season. on a given night we can beat anyone in our league but we have not shown that we can be consistent. Our best hope is to get hot at tournament time! Don’t see us competing for the regular season championship. Prove me wrong!

Reactions: MTFAN61
Incredible finish.

CUSA is weird. FIU takes FAU to double OT. Western beats UAB.

Anything could happen in the CUSA tournament, which is good for us.

Reactions: tyler90wm
Great to see the team bounce back. I’ve said for awhile that I’ll wait till the end of the season to judge. We’ve got some nice wins and some head scratching losses.

MT at Rice game last night was a perfect synopsis of this team for the year so far & probably through March as well. Looked terrible 1st half & trailed by 14 at intermission. One would anticipate the same thing continuing in the 2nd half, but no we come out a totally different team & pound them by 17. Don't get me wrong, always support the Raiders & happy for the win, but you have no idea what you'll get from this team game to game. This team won't change until Nick can get a consistent floor general with a good outside shot to lead the team & help keep everyone under control. Hopefully can get a high basketball IQ guard or 2 next year to help run the show.

Gutsy win on the road. Didn't look promising when Leonard picked up his 4th foul early in the 2nd half. He has to understand the situation there.

Need to avoid playing in the first round of the conference tournament, and hope we are clicking on all cylinders in early March.

They get ahead and don't know how to keep it.
They get behind and don't stop grinding till they get back in to it.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Typical of what you see in what is still a young team.. not tough enough yet to put 34-36 really good minutes together in a 40-minute game- especially on the road. Not composed enough at times yet. But when they just have to play they show the potential and talent that is there, unfortunately that only seems to happen when they're behind..

There are some gaps and weaknesses like having a consistent shooter- but can you find one of those guys that can also help on defense? Several juniors on this team on the perimeter but all of them fairly inexperienced, despite some good minutes played in their careers- Dishman is a great anchor but it's telling to me that a sophomore, "glue guy" is from all accounts the vocal leader.. Not sure we'll see anything other than ups and downs along the way this year- hope I'm wrong.

UAB with Walker is the type of team that has a clear advantage above the shoulders but with 3 straight close losses and them having to play another game Saturday before coming to MTSU on Monday who knows..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT