ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (9-4, 1-0) @ FIU (7-7, 1-0), 6PM, Thursday, January 4, 2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
FIU
Series:
MT leads 29-8
Colors: Blue & Gold Nickname: Panthers Conference: Conference USA
Facility: FIU Arena (5,000)
Head Coach: Anthony Evans St. Thomas Aquinas, 1994
FIU Record: 51-76 (4 seasons) Overall Record: 150-170 (10 seasons)
2016-17 Record: 7-24, 3-15 (13th C-USA) 2017 Postseason: None
Starters R/L: 0/5 Lettermen R/L: 6/5 Newcomers: 7

TV: C-USA TV Talent: N/A
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game/WGNS/TuneIn) Talent: Chip Walters (PxP)
Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders

GAME PREVIEW

GAME NOTES

LIVE STATS

WATCH

LISTEN

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The MT Blue Raiders visit the FIU Golden Panthers in a CUSA college basketball tilt.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have been a strong team in past years and are out to show they are once again a team to be reckoned with. Middle Tennessee kicked off the conference slate with a 63-60 victory at the UAB Blazers as a one point underdog on Saturday. The Blue Raiders sank a few more shots and were 8-19 from distance to win.

Middle Tennessee State won because of the explosive soring of Nick King who pumped in a game high 30 points and grabbed eight rebounds on 11-16 from the floor. Giddy Potts gave the Blue Raiders 19 points and another eight rebounds on 6-13 accuracy including a 5-9 performance from beyond the arc.

The Florida International Golden Panthers are not supposed to be a challenger in the CUSA and are out to prove the experts wrong. FIU opened league play with a 58-57 decision over the rival Florida Atlantic Owls as a 1.5 point home favorite where both teams sank shots at around 33%.

Trejon Jacob was the top offensive option for the Golden Panthers with 17 points and five pulls on 6-11 from the floor. Florida International received 16 points, four yanks, eight assists and six steals from Brian Beard Jr. on 5-16 shooting and a 5-7 mark at the stripe while Michael Douglas chipped in with nine points and five pulls on 3-6.

Under is 8-3 in MTSU last 11 overall and MTSU are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 Thursday games and MTSU are 36-17 ATS in their last 53 games overall. Over is 9-1 in FIU last 10 home games and over is 10-3 in FIU last 13 vs. Conference USA and FIU are 4-12-1 ATS in their last 17 home games.....

gonna lose, and this is a bad loss to have. 100% seals our chance of an at-large.

King just can't find the basket in this gym. It happens sometimes when you are on the road. Might consider benching him for Hawthorne at this point. King can't even hit a free throw.

Our guys have played 6 straight road games...while it wasn't pretty they pulled it out. Kudos to the team, good teams win close games on the road.

Reactions: MTsumner92
only 5 players scored...

STARTERS FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
N. KingF 5-16 0-1 7-11 4 6 10 2 2 0 4 2 17

E. SimpsonG 1-2 1-2 0-0 0 1 1 3 1 0 1 3 3

G. PottsG 9-15 3-6 4-4 0 3 3 1 1 2 0 4 25

BENCH FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
B. WaltersF 5-10 0-0 2-4 4 3 7 1 1 0 3 5 12

D. SimmonsG 6-8 0-2 2-5 2 3 5 2 2 1 1 2 14

TEAM 26-63 4-14 15-24 15 23 38 11 10 3 13 20 71
41.3% 28.6% 60.9%

If we play like that @ WKU and @ Marshall we will get blown out both games

Walters can't stay out of foul trouble and Gamble is weak and non productive. We are really missing Jacory and Reggie. Without King this team would be .500 at best.

Reactions: MTsumner92
I tried to watch using "firstrow" as I have previously. Not been successful - Boxes on the viewing screen won't close, others bring ads I can't (or have a hard time) getting rid of - fearful of downloading something harmful, etc.
Can you tell me how to use the site without problems, either while watching or (potentially) in the future on my computer.
Thanks

Look for the small red x's to close the ads. If you get a pop up, close it. Keep closing the ads inside the video until they are all gone and you have nothing but the video. When the page initially loads, you must click in the center of the screen "Ads Close" - This will open a new window. Keep the new window open and close the old one as it becomes an advertisement usually. The ultimate goal is to just close all the ads inside the video until you have nothing but video. Look for small X's (usually red) to close said ads.

Hey, FIU came to the Boro last year and almost left with a victory against a 30+ win team. FIU was up by 20 last year and we came back to win a very close game. So don't read too much into it. If FIU got up for every game like they seem to do for us they would be very good.

Do you worry about viruses, etc. using Firstrow?
What Wiley said is correct. Just keep closing all the ads inside the video until you have nothing but video. Look for small X's (usually red) to close said ads.

As far as viruses, etc, I haven't had any issues. That said, I clean my computer regularly with Advanced SystemCare Ultimate. I've used a lot of different cleaning programs on my computer for the past 15 years and this is by far my favorite

ADVERTISEMENT