ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (7-4, 6-1) vs UAB (9-2, 7-0), 2PM, Saturday, 11/24/2018

statsinsider.com:

Man vs Machine: CFB Week 13

excerpt:

THE GAME: UAB @ MIDDLE TENNESSEE

TIME: Sunday 7:00am AEDT

THE PLAY: UAB -2.5

Here’s the deal with this one: the result of the Marshall @ FIU game, which starts approximately 3 hours prior to this, will impact on how Middle Tennessee State play. If Florida International beats Marshall, then FIU clinch the East & will face UAB in the conference title game. MTSU, who have already clinched bowl eligibility, will have nothing to play for with the division title out of reach.

If Marshall beats FIU, then MSTU will win the East even with a loss to UAB as they own the tiebreaker between the three teams setting up a Blazers vs Blue Raiders conference title game. So these two teams may end up playing each other twice in two weeks. If that’s the case, you expect the lesser of the two teams (in this case the Blue Raiders) to keep all the tricks and best tactics up their sleeve until the more important game.

Despite letting us down last week (mostly from shooting themselves in the foot), UAB are the much stronger team in this one ranking 46th overall in S&P+ while MTSU rank 75th. UAB has a potent offense averaging 31.9 points per game and do a tremendous job defending the pass as well. With not much on the line in this one for MTSU, UAB should cover the small spread here.

Honoring the seniors

...Middle Tennessee will honor 23 seniors on Saturday with pregame festivities starting at 1:40 PM.

The class has been one of the best to ever go through the MT football program, posting a 21-10 record in Conference USA play the past four years combined and winning 29 total games.....

Last edited:
Wonder if they’ll have more fans than us today.

I had a couple of extra tickets and offered them to a neighbor and his family. He said his wife had gotten free tickets at her work and they would be there. I think some folks are going to be there at the game that are usually not. Will students show up in any numbers on this Holiday weekend?

Season ticket holders ought to be there in decent numbers. This game could be important in a number of ways, but it is also a day to honor a group of seniors who 'stayed in the buggy' to borrow a phrase from Coach Donnelly.

The weather is going to be SUNNY and about as good as you could expect in late November

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I had a couple of extra tickets and offered them to a neighbor and his family. He said his wife had gotten free tickets at her work and they would be there. I think some folks are going to be there at the game that are usually not. Will students show up in any numbers on this Holiday weekend?

Season ticket holders ought to be there in decent numbers. This game could be important in a number of ways, but it is also a day to honor a group of seniors who 'stayed in the buggy' to borrow a phrase from Coach Donnelly.

The weather is going to be SUNNY and about as good as you could expect in late November
That’s a really good sign then! I was worried folks wouldn’t be aware or interested. Helps that the weather is going to be so nice. I’m very excited and hopefully FIU will lose to Marshall to give us an extra jolt of energy today. It’s smart that they have given tickets out to season ticket holders. Hope it works.

statsinsider.com:

Man vs Machine: CFB Week 13

excerpt:

THE GAME: UAB @ MIDDLE TENNESSEE

TIME: Sunday 7:00am AEDT

THE PLAY: UAB -2.5

Here’s the deal with this one: the result of the Marshall @ FIU game, which starts approximately 3 hours prior to this, will impact on how Middle Tennessee State play. If Florida International beats Marshall, then FIU clinch the East & will face UAB in the conference title game. MTSU, who have already clinched bowl eligibility, will have nothing to play for with the division title out of reach.

If Marshall beats FIU, then MSTU will win the East even with a loss to UAB as they own the tiebreaker between the three teams setting up a Blazers vs Blue Raiders conference title game. So these two teams may end up playing each other twice in two weeks. If that’s the case, you expect the lesser of the two teams (in this case the Blue Raiders) to keep all the tricks and best tactics up their sleeve until the more important game.

Despite letting us down last week (mostly from shooting themselves in the foot), UAB are the much stronger team in this one ranking 46th overall in S&P+ while MTSU rank 75th. UAB has a potent offense averaging 31.9 points per game and do a tremendous job defending the pass as well. With not much on the line in this one for MTSU, UAB should cover the small spread here.

It's lazy writing not to compare schedules. If UAB played VU, UGA, UK, @ Marshall and @ FIU, their numbers would be different. Their schedule was an absolute cakewalk. Even the team they lost to, Coastal Carolina, went 5-7 after losing to a 3 win team yesterday. Now that isn't to say that they aren't a good team but to solely judge this game by surface stats alone doesn't tell the whole story of this game. We are 10th in redzone scoring. Last week we were 5th. That will matter in this game.

It's gonna be a good game. The table is set now we just have to show up and E.A.T.T. Let's go Blue!

I am pumped. I was able to give away the two extra tickets sent to season tix holders and my 4 will be filled.

Look the crowd will be what it will be, who really cares. All that matters today is what happens on the field.

We need to win this game. UAB is a completely different team at home versus on the road. On the road, they are beatable. We won't win in Birmingham.

Wheres blankenship & Moffit ??????? Both starting safeties OUT?

Refs doing all they can to get UAB back in the game. Probably laid 10 large on UAB second half line

Unbelievable how we are playing. On a side note, this announcer on ESPN 3 is absolute garbage. Everything that comes out of his mouth is wrong. Almost into the 4th qtr and he's still calling Terelle West, Tavares Thomas.

WE BETTER HAVE A PACKED STADIUM NEXT WEEK FOR OUR FIRST EVER CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME -- AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
-9 yards rushing with 4 minutes left. Just WOW. 7 sacks. Welcome back to the Boro Mr Erdely.

Have to give full credit to CRS and his staff. We finally got a day when we needed help from another team and we got it, and then we did not screw the pooch in a meaningful home game. Top marks. This team came to play today, especially defensively. UAB could do absolutely nothing after their first drive.

Just got back. This is one of the best games I've ever seen us play defensively. Clutch play. Dobson is an absolute weapon. He would be in on every play. Marshall finally stepped up and played to his talent and size. Great game.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
A huge win. Next week could be our biggest under Stockstill. Well, it would be - we've never won a championship! And now we've got the chance to do just that, and at home.

Heard on post game, UAB averaged 431 yds total offense for the season. We held them to 89 today! Great job defense!

ADVERTISEMENT