ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (7-4, 6-1) vs UAB (9-2, 7-0), 2PM, Saturday, 11/24/2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

DLzbqNAUQAARKh7.jpg

University of Alabama at Birmingham
Founded: 1969 Enrollment: 20,902 Undergrad 13,134 Postgrad 7,768
Acceptance rate: 87%
Colors: Forest Green and Old Gold Nickname: Blazers Mascot: Blaze
Fight song: UAB Fight Song
Series: 3-3
at Middle Tennessee: Middle Tennessee leads, 2-0
at UAB: UAB leads, 3-1
Last Meeting: Oct. 14, 2017 - UAB 25, Middle Tennessee 23
Stadium: Legion Field, 400 Graymont Avenue West, Birmingham, AL 35204
Head Coach: Bill Clark (Jacksonville State, 1990)
Record at UAB: 23-13 (3rd) Overall: 34-17 (4th)
2017 Record: 8-5 2017 Bowl: Bahamas
Starters Ret./Lost: 17/5 Lettermen R/L: 55/17

Weather Forecast:

Where:
Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, Capacity (30,788), 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies: All bags will be checked prior to stadium entrance. Bags 24"-by-24"-by-24" inches and smallerwill be allowed into the stadium. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Television: ESPN3 - Jake Rose (play-by-play), Alex Myers (analyst), Sara Cardona (sideline)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), (TuneIn app)

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats:

Newspapers: al.com, , , ,

Message Boards: Blazer Talk,

Blogs: Blazer GameDay, The Daily Dragon,

Athletic site:
uabsports.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides:
UAB, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:

Game Notes:
UAB game notes, Conference USA Notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: , ,

Roster: Blazers, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @UAB_FB, @CoachBillClark, , , , @uab_tickets, @BlazerGameday , , , , @The_DailyDragon, @BlazerBoosters, , , , , , ,

Hashtags:
#GoBlazers, #WinAsOne, , , , #BlueRaiders, #MTvsUAB, ,, #TrueBlue,

Facebook: UAB Athletics, , , ,

Youtube:
UAB Athletics,

Instagram:
uab_fb,

Last edited:
Current Injuries
Last updated: November 18, 2018

Player Status Type Comment
Brad Anderson
Out Undisclosed Anderson is sidelined with an undisclosed injury and is expected to miss the remainder of the 2018 season.
CJ Windham Out Undisclosed Windham has been sidelined for undisclosed reasons and it is unclear when he will return to action.
O.J. Johnson Questionable Leg Johnson sat out the last game dealing with a leg injury and it is uncertain if he will play against UAB on November 24.
Jovante Moffatt Questionable Suspension Moffatt was suspended for the last five games and it is unknown if he will be available November 24 against UAB.
Cordell Hudson Questionable Undisclosed Hudson missed the last two games dealing with an unspecified injury and it is unclear if he will suit up November 24 against UAB.

UAB Current Injuries
Last updated: November 18, 2018

Player Status Type Comment
Lee Dufour Out Knee Dufour is expected to miss the remainder of the season due to a knee injury.
Kingston Davis Out Suspension Davis has been suspended by the school pending a student-conduct investigation.
A.J. Erdely Questionable Shoulder Erdely has missed the last two games with a shoulder injury and it is unclear if he will be available November 24 against Middle Tennessee.

excerpt:

...The UAB Blazers and the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders meet in a week 13 C-USA college football matchup from Johnny Floyd Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The UAB Blazers will look to bounce back after a 41-20 loss to Texas A&M in their last outing, snapping an 8-game winning streak in the process. A.J. Erdely has thrown for 1,449 yards, 7 touchdowns and 6 interceptions while Spencer Brown leads UAB in rushing with 996 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns this season. Xavier Ubosi leads UAB with 586 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns while Andre Wilson and Collin Lisa each have a team-high 28 catches with Wilson outgaining Lisa 434 yards to 393. As a team, UAB is averaging 431.9 yards of total offense and 31.9 points per game this season. The Blazers are also tough defensively, sitting top-6 in the country in total yardage (277.5 YPG/5th in FBS), passing yards (157.5 YPG/6th) and scoring defense (15.7 PPG/6th) this season.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will look to bounce back after having their 4-game winning streak snapped thanks to a 34-23 loss to Kentucky in their last outing. Brent Stockstill has thrown for 2,580 yards, 24 touchdowns and 6 interceptions while Chaton Mobley has rushed for 488 yards and 4 touchdowns this season. Ty Lee leads the Blue Raiders’ receiving corps with 58 catches for 706 yards and 6 touchdowns while Patrick Smith has 48 catches for 471 yards and 6 touchdowns of his own this season. As a team, Middle Tennessee is averaging 381.9 yards of total offense and 29.7 points per game this season.

UAB is 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a loss and 18-7-1 ATS in their last 26 games overall while the under is 8-2 in their last 10 road games. Middle Tennessee is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games and 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall while the under is 7-1-1 in their last 9 games following a loss. The home team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings between these two teams.

Both of these teams stumbled against SEC opposition last week, but the Blue Raiders actually performed quite well against Kentucky while I pegged UAB all wrong against Texas A&M as the Aggies handled business. With that said, UAB already have their ticket to the C-USA title game punched, while the Blue Raiders need to win this game and get some help to have a chance at meeting UAB again next week.....

That GBR article made me want to check the rules/standings with my own eyes. Sure enough. The only way we win the East is if Marshall wins. If Marshall does win, just like we've all known for a few weeks, we can win to host UAB again next week, or lose and go to UAB for the championship.

Reactions: C-Bow
That GBR article made me want to check the rules/standings with my own eyes. Sure enough. The only way we win the East is if Marshall wins. If Marshall does win, just like we've all known for a few weeks, we can win to host UAB again next week, or lose and go to UAB for the championship.

And we will know in the 1st Q of our game. Marshall/FIU kick off at 11am CST

I haven't been able to watch MT in person since the Vandy game. I have no idea what the score will be. All I will say is our defense has some fight in it so I will go MT29 and UAB 24. We keep them out of the endzone on the last drive. On to the championship.

So what is up with Moffatt? I heard that the staff was going to redshirt him with him only playing 4 games but it says that he has been suspended.

Completely agree with the black unis. I'm not superstitious but we play very well as Heisenberg State.

I am not changing my prediction but if we win this game, a corner will have been turned.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
Coastal Carolina just lost to South Bama to go 5-7 for the season. Coastal Carolina throttled UAB earlier this year.

VA Tech beat UVA today in OT too. So Marshall will be playing Tech next Sat. Let’s hope their focus is on FIU and not keeping Tech from a bowl game for the first time in 30 years or something.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I am really excited that we have the possibility of hosting a conference championship game at our house going into the last game of the season! Huge! Fun! Success! #rickssidepiece

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT