ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (7-22, 3-13) vs UTEP (15-14, 6-10), 6:30PM, Wednesday, March 4, 2020

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
TEXAS-EL PASO

Enrollment: 25,0151
Arena: Don Haskins Center
Colors: Blue, Orange & Silver Nickname: Miners
Head Coach: Rodney Terry Record at School: 8-21 (1 Season) Career Record: 134-129 (8 Seasons)
2018-19 Record: 8-21, 3-15 2018-19 Finish: 14th C-USA 2018-19 Postseason: N/A
Starters R/L: 3/2 Letterwinners R/L: 6/3

Twitter: @UTEP_MBB

GAME NOTES

LISTEN

LIVE VIDEO

LIVE STATS

PREVIEW

Date: March 4, 2020 Time: 6:30 PM CT
Arena: Murphy Center (11,520)
Series Record: MT leads 7-4
TV: ESPN+ Talent: Jake Rose (PxP), Duane Hickey (Analyst)
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn) Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)

Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders

Last edited:
can we put this sick dog out of its misery already? lord when will this season end....

Good god we look lost out there. What the F was that from Millin? Then we can't get back and defend for crap. This team has learned nothing since week 1. We look like we get worse with each passing game. How is that even possible????????

the better team won, again.

nothing new to see here

I dont understand how Sims and Green can be so bad. They have severely regressed throughout their careers here. 100% ready for them to graduate.

I watched the last 4:00 minutes. SMH.

And the arena is empty. No students other than the Pep Band and the Cheerleaders. ESPN3 panned the crowd behind both baskets and both court side shots. If McPhee and Massaro can’t or simply refuse to acknowledge the current state of both Men’s primary revenue sports then they should not be allowed to oversee / administer either one.

I’ve sat through games in a 3/4 empty (or more) Floyd Stadium for Blue Raider Football the last 5 years and now the Men’s Basketball program is in shambles after I went to St. Louis a few years ago. Watched them beat Michigan St. and lose to an eventual Final Four team, Syracuse.

Sad.

Last edited:
UTEP had only won 1 other road game this year........until tonight of course.

This season can't end fast enough.

the better team won, again.

nothing new to see here

I dont understand how Sims and Green can be so bad. They have severely regressed throughout their careers here. 100% ready for them to graduate.

It's called crap coaching. A poor craftsman blames his tools. They have plenty of ability. What they don't have is a staff with a plan or the ability to help them improve. 7 wins. Do you know how bad you have to be as a coach to get only 7 wins in CUSA? I mean he should be fired right now.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
It's called crap coaching. A poor craftsman blames his tools. They have plenty of ability. What they don't have is a staff with a plan or the ability to help them improve. 7 wins. Do you know how bad you have to be as a coach to get only 7 wins in CUSA? I mean he should be fired right now.
Actually only 3 wins in CUSA

The other 4 were against
Maryville College
Lipscomb
Mars Hill
Columbia International Sisters of the Poor

UTEP had only won 1 other road game this year........until tonight of course.

This season can't end fast enough.

Shocked when the TV announcers gave this fact. Couple their lack of success on the road with the fact that we had lost at their place by 1 over a month ago and this game should have been a gimme. (UTEP coach is in his 2nd year also - and should have had a harder recent history to build upon) That's a huge factor in my judgement of McDevitt. In his first year we showed improvement and were somewhat competitive late in the year. This year, with the team virtually intact (he built it) over the last month with only Dishman missing we show regression, not improvement. Hard to understand.

When watching the final minutes of the game last night on ESPN3 computer feed I have a few observations.
1) CNM’s sideline demeanor and intensity level seemed tepid.
2) Previously addressed empty crowd shots and the poor cheerleaders trying to stay upbeat were downright embarrassing.
3) A guy who served on the BRAA Advisory Board with me 10 years ago was noticeably missing from his usual seats right behind our bench. He NEVER missed a game up until I noticed this last night. Another buddy who sat down low in our corner behind the cheerleaders did not renew his basketball seats that he’s had for years. I looked for Massaro and McPhee when they panned the audience but did not see them in their usual spots. Maybe they were there.

Both McPhee and Massarro were there. There were less die hards there even than I expected.

MT managed to stay within reach of the lead most of the night, but even when they momentarily had the lead, I never felt like these guys were going to win it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT