ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (6-3, 1-0) @ Belmont (5-4, 1-1) (ESPN+), 4PM, Saturday, December 10, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 7,069
Arena: Curb Event Center (5,000)
Colors: Blue & Red Head Nickname: Bruins
Coach: Casey Alexander
Record at School: 77-19 (4th Season) Conference: Missouri Valley Career Record: 214-139 (12th Season)
2021-22 Record:25-8, 15-3 2021-22 Finish: 2nd OVC 2021-22 Postseason: NIT First Round
Starters R/L: 1/4 Letterwinners R/L: 7/7

Last edited:
Don't seeing us winning this game even though Belmont is not as good as they have been in the past. It takes a mentally tough team to win there and they haven't proven that they are yet. I predict a bunch of air balls and bricks from three and a 12 point loss. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Don't seeing us winning this game even though Belmont is not as good as they have been in the past. It takes a mentally tough team to win there and they haven't proven that they are yet. I predict a bunch of air balls and bricks from three and a 12 point loss. Hope I'm wrong.
Certainly look forward to the team proving us skeptical fans wrong some day, but I don't think it will be against Belmont. So far we have 2 true road formulas, both affected by leadership & nerves. 1st two road games (Winthrop & Mo St) were poorly played throughout due to nerves. No true floor leader to take charge. 3rd game was an improvement against SBU, but could only put together 25 minutes or so. Once again road nerves coming into play. At home against Maryville we opened with a solid 5-6 minutes & closed with solid 5-6 minutes. The rest of the game was very pedestrian. This team needs a leader, period. Would like to see if it could be Coleman-Jones. During that final stretch last game out he showed his greatest moxy ever in floor leadership. A strong inside presence from him could be pivotal against Belmont. But it has to be more than 5 or 6 minutes for us to have any success

Reactions: ewglenn
Coleman-Jones in a boot?!! Serenity now! Guy can't catch a break. Anyone know the deal?

Made the drive to Curb to watch it live.
Blue Raiders hanging tough. Shot blocking festival by MT. Bad decision on that last foul before the half. Can’t afford to put Belmont guys at the line to shoot 3 free throws.

Made the drive to Curb to watch it live.
Blue Raiders hanging tough. Shot blocking festival by MT. Bad decision on that last foul before the half. Can’t afford to put Belmont guys at the line to shoot 3 free throws.
Discipline again. Unnecessarily, just gave the other team 3 points. Fouling 3pt shooters continues to be a problem.

I understand you have to be cautious and it wasn't bad defense but once he turned to dribble, why not immediately foul? It's 2 shots and a 3 point game. Even if they hit the first and intentionally miss the second you'd think a scramble for the ball possibly runs out the clock.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT