ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (6-19, 2-10) @ UAB (14-11, 5-7), 7PM, Wednesday, February 12, 2020

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 21,923
Arena: Bartow Arena (8,500)
Colors: Forest Green & Old Gold Nickname: Blazers
Head Coach: Robert Ehsan Record at School: 57-44 (3 Seasons) Career Record: 57-44 (3 Seasons)
2018-19 Record: 20-15, 10-8 2018-19 Finish: 5th C-USA 2018-19 Postseason: CBI Round 1
Starters R/L: 2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 6/4
Twitter: @UAB_MBB

GAME NOTES

WATCH

LISTEN

STATS

Date: February 12, 2020 Time: 7:00 PM CT
Arena: Bartow Arena (8,500)
Series Record: UAB leads 11-9
TV: ESPN+ Talent: Blake Gardner, Bill Jones, Lynden Blake
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn) Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)
Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders

Last edited:
I'm setting the customary opposing team max 1st half lead at 13 points. You going over or under?

well the first half line is UAB -4

So if you think we will be down by 13....I would suggest betting a small fortune on UAB -4 for the first half

38-36 halftime

MT has led the whole way, but uab has chipped away to close to within a basket

uab has been to the FT line 11 times, hit 8
MT has been twice, hit one

Last edited:
And here comes the melt down......We have nobody that can go to the hoop and get a bucket when we need it

How do you go 1-5 from the free throw line??????????

Everyone of us on this message board could do better than that..........

WTF?

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I'm setting the customary opposing team max 1st half lead at 13 points. You going over or under?
Well, it looks like they switched up the season narrative on me and had a good first half, and fell apart in the second half. Maybe we'll reverse it the rest of the season as to not make our losses quite so boring and predictable.

Defense and rebounding. Defense and rebounding. Does McDevitt even know these are elements to basketball success??

FG D = 59%
3PT D = 60%
Reb 37-21

Reactions: Raiderclyde
At this point, I'm worried about Christian Fussell backing out of his L.O.I. I know he will have to sit out a year but that may be a better option than having to sit through this type of misery next year.

Recruiting should actually be easier- you can easily sell kids on the ability to come in and be immediate contributors since there are obvious needs.. that's the number one thing that players want = immediate playing time.. the other part of recruiting is the team chemistry stuff.. despite all the adversity and poor results this group of players is still engaged in games- they're active on the bench- they're not disengaged and that means a lot.. so when a recruit comes in on a visit and sees that the team is still tight with each other and cares then all is not lost... despite what many of you may think.. of all the issues going on, it shouldn't be because of a lack of ability to recruit/attract talent.. you have good facilities, good apparel, a coach that players like to play for, etc... picking the best recruits is of course the challenge..

Recruiting should actually be easier- you can easily sell kids on the ability to come in and be immediate contributors since there are obvious needs.. that's the number one thing that players want = immediate playing time.. the other part of recruiting is the team chemistry stuff.. despite all the adversity and poor results this group of players is still engaged in games- they're active on the bench- they're not disengaged and that means a lot.. so when a recruit comes in on a visit and sees that the team is still tight with each other and cares then all is not lost... despite what many of you may think.. of all the issues going on, it shouldn't be because of a lack of ability to recruit/attract talent.. you have good facilities, good apparel, a coach that players like to play for, etc... picking the best recruits is of course the challenge..

Assuming you are correct and recruiting should be going well in spite of our difficulties I would like to pick your brain:
Recently one of the "Bigs" McDevitt had allegedly offered committed elsewhere and also there were reports we recently offered a JUCO PG.
Knowing how McDevitt operates do you have any insights as to how recruiting is going?
Do you think we are still "in on" Houston?
Do you expect any scholarships to open up giving us more than two players in this class?
Has McDevitt every gently released a player who can be more effective at a lower level?
MT has very few publicized offers out compared to the previous staff. Is it McDevitt's philosophy to be very selective as to whom he offers and related: Does he often give out offers but encourages players to not publicize them?

I would like just a little recruiting info from your perspective, not necessarily the questions I listed above.

Assuming you are correct and recruiting should be going well in spite of our difficulties I would like to pick your brain:
Recently one of the "Bigs" McDevitt had allegedly offered committed elsewhere and also there were reports we recently offered a JUCO PG.
Knowing how McDevitt operates do you have any insights as to how recruiting is going?
Do you think we are still "in on" Houston?
Do you expect any scholarships to open up giving us more than two players in this class?
Has McDevitt every gently released a player who can be more effective at a lower level?
MT has very few publicized offers out compared to the previous staff. Is it McDevitt's philosophy to be very selective as to whom he offers and related: Does he often give out offers but encourages players to not publicize them?

I would like just a little recruiting info from your perspective, not necessarily the questions I listed above.

smh as I bite my tongue

Whats interesting about GCA with Fussell is that they play on a 74ft home floor. So, there will be some transition for him (literally) into the college game. All stat points are skewed because 20 feet makes a huge difference in basketball. With the style MT runs it'll be interesting how long it takes him to adjust.

On the other hand I still like Jackson on JV. They have come along quite nicely.

I enjoyed watching Memphis and Coach Penny blow a lead at Cincy and lose in OT on ESPN.

Then switched over to ESPNU to watch the two OVC leaders duke it out in Clarksville. Great game played by two fine basketball teams.

smh as I bite my tongue

Whats interesting about GCA with Fussell is that they play on a 74ft home floor. So, there will be some transition for him (literally) into the college game. All stat points are skewed because 20 feet makes a huge difference in basketball. With the style MT runs it'll be interesting how long it takes him to adjust.

On the other hand I still like Jackson on JV. They have come along quite nicely.

There’s a ton of kids nationwide who face similar transitions to court size and Fussell has played a lot of other ball on regulation sized courts each summer.. agree that his HS numbers may have some skew to them but it should be a minor adjustment by the time the season starts..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT