ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee (5-2) @ South Alabama (5-3), 6:30PM/2PM/1PM, Friday - Sunday, March 5-7, 2021

To the 8th up 2-1. Keenan with another quality start. Besides, 1 pitch, he has been outstanding.
Same for the USA pitcher. Quite a pitching dual.

A couple of doubles, a few stolen bases & a safety squeeze, Raiders up 4-2 in the 10th & still batting

At this point, nationally we are top level team in stolen bases and we are not issuing walks. Our total BBs and K/BB ratio is outstanding.

Things we need to work on - batting average and OBP is still a bit low. Both are improving, but we need better ABs.

I am very happy with our pitching improvements. It’s clear we have a 3 man rotation. With this crazy year of 4 game weekend series, we need to find someone who can give quality starts. I would prefer not to have a bullpen game every weekend. Someone taking that 4th starter role and owning it may make the difference between us being improved versus contending.

The quality of our overall OOC schedule is weak, so I am hesitant to expect great things in conference. I feel like this team could go 17-7 or better OOC and hopefully we can get to at least .500 in conference. Compared to where we have been 33+ wins would be a step forward when at the beginning of the season I was hoping for .500.

The number of games this week tells me we will probably lose a game or 2, but 4-1 or 5-0 would be awesome and is possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT