ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (5-15, 3-11) @ FAU (10-9, 5-5), 5PM/5PM, Thursday/Friday, March 4/5, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Date: March 4/5, 2021
Time: 5:00 PM CT
Series Record: MT leads 19-6
TV: CBS Sports Network (Facebook Live) Talent: Dave Ryan (PxP), Mike O'Donnell (Analyst)
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn) Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)

Head Coach: Dusty May Record at FAU: 44-40 (3rd Season) Overall Record: 44-40 (3rd Season)

I feel like I’m watching a bad AAU tournament game on court 6. Does anyone know when and where the winner’s bracket games start?**

The most frustrating thing is knowing we won't be competitive next year either. Ever since midway thru last year, I've known it was pointless to really keep up with my favorite college basketball program. It's depressing. I've never experienced anything like this as a fan.

I’m thinking that sometime today we’ll get a press release out of Murphy Center listing all the other 5-win teams in Div. 1. “See? There are other schools just as bad or worse.”
"We're the best 5 win team in the country." LOL. I even doubt that's true.

Can I raise a practical question at this point? Has anyone taken into account that this is a Covid year?

• Haha
Reactions: MT Glenn
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Has anyone taken into account that this is a Covid year?
Well, I’ve been waiting for someone to drop this excuse in here. 😂😂
Everyone is dealing with Covid. Are you CM or CNM?? Penny Hardaway (Memphis) and Casey Alexander (Belmont) are in Years 3 and 2, respectively. Penny is 58-30, Casey is 55-15. They’ve dealt with and managed their rosters through Covid.
The American and even the OVC are much tougher than CUSA.
Our guy is a whopping 24-60 since jumping on the MTSU gravy train for retirees and underperforming coaches.

It’s really unbearable for me to consider the reality that there may be some people out there that still believe there’s an excuse out there and a reason to keep this guy.

McDevitt is simply way out of his league and we made a massively bone-headed move when we hired a young coach who has never left Asheville that couldn't even dominate in the Big South, arguably the worst conference in D1 basketball.

In retrospect, this was a terrible hire. Atrocious. McDevitt wasn't a proven winner at any level. No big time wins to speak of at Asheville. 0 (ZERO) post-season tournament game wins with losses in the CIT, NIT, and NCAA tournament. Best record he ever posted was a 23 win season in 2016-2017 that concluded with a swift @$$ beating in the first round of the CIT to powerhouse UT Martin. His team finished first in the Big South in 17-18 and 18-19 but couldn't win their tournaments for an NCAA birth. Sign of a bad coach can't get it done when the chips are on the table.

I feel bad for the players. Our administrators and coaches have failed them. There's no way this much talent on paper is this bad. Not even close. No way, no how. What's going on here at MT is unspeakably bad and so horrific I'm surprised there's not some discussion or attention surrounding it.

And with all that being said, there will be zero changes going forward into next season despite the fact that we have all the evidence we need right in front of us that this man has zero business being our head coach.

It is quite literally criminal how apathetic, unaccountable, and flat out incompetent our administrators and leaders are. It is a criminal misuse of tax and donor dollars in my eyes and they should be thankful we don't live in a dictatorship where I'm king because I would have them all thrown in jail for embezzlement.

Just to be clear, I was making a Spinal Tap reference and was completely kidding. 😂 Our athletics department is the sports equivalent of Spinal Tap.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT Glenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT