ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-7, 3-4) @ WKU (7-4, 5-2), (ESPN+), 1PM, Saturday, November 30, 2019

Nasty weather to sit through, not going to fuss about wku fans when MT fans don't

wet weather an equalizer

MT leads 10-3 early 2nd quarter

Halftime MT up 13-10

We had our first bad playcalling of the game with 2 mid throws on goalline. No stretch runs or screen passes. Big mistake.

Looks like WKU doesn't want to be there today. Both the players and the fans. Nothing to play for.

F-n Tony Franklin, that drive that ended up in a fake punt that didn't convert was pure crap and ends with wku TD in two plays

7:14

24-20

Earlier in the pregame Franklin said he has not seen injuries like the last three years for MT in his entire coaching career. doesn't know why that is so...
Over the years the team has had injury's, new coordinators and new players but the on-field play and records have changed little.

For 14 years the one constant is Stuckstill and his 5 to 8 wins.

Last edited:
can't wait to see these clowns blow it and not even cover the 10

How many drops have we had? 400 receivers and most of em can't catch it consistently

Another garbage season in the books. Cant wait to see another 4 to 7 win season next year with no CUSA championship.

Another garbage season in the books. Cant wait to see another 4 to 7 win season next year with no CUSA championship.

So much to look forward to! And half our team will be injured in the process!

Good thing we don't play in FCS....we wouldn't have enough players to go 11 vs. 11

Going to be an awesome day. Lose to wkcc in football and Belmont in basketball. Glory, glory, hallelujah it's great to be from Middle Tenn.

I can live with the playcalling. We just didn't execute, as usual. Cannot turn the ball over 2 times in your own territory. The first on a poorly executed fake punt, the second on a fumble. That's the game right there.

I can live with the playcalling. We just didn't execute, as usual. Cannot turn the ball over 2 times in your own territory. The first on a poorly executed fake punt, the second on a fumble. That's the game right there.

We pulled defeat from the jaws of victory with those two turnovers. We probably could have survived one of those miscues today, but not two. That was the ball game!

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I'm ready to see TF retire. Some of the play calling was really odd...
I don't think it matters who the OC and DC are. Stuck has had ONE 10 win season and it was an anomaly that he will likely never reach again.

I don't think it matters who the OC and DC are. Stuck has had ONE 10 win season and it was an anomaly that he will likely never reach again.

Yea. Dwight Dasher was a man amongst boys and really single handedly carried us to that 10 win season. Obviously we had a good team as a whole but Dasher was just special. Too bad he went off the deep end.

I still remember when the staff was recruiting Dasher. He had been committed for a while and the staff at the time was feeding us all the names of the commits....but Dasher was one of the ones they absolutely did not want even hinted about on rivals, so we kept him under wraps for a long time. Don't believe his commitment was announced until a week or two before signing day but he had been committed to us under wraps for months.

I still remember when the staff was recruiting Dasher. He had been committed for a while and the staff at the time was feeding us all the names of the commits....but Dasher was one of the ones they absolutely did not want even hinted about on rivals, so we kept him under wraps for a long time. Don't believe his commitment was announced until a week or two before signing day but he had been committed to us under wraps for months.

The GA Mangus days. Those days were fun for sure.

That's where I can't agree. The situational playcalling is horrific. I've seen it all year long. We should be easily 8-4 right now. The run playcalling when we should pass was awful and then the lack of screen passes when there was open field shocked me. If he were in the booth, we win this game. There were weakside gaps all over the place. You could have moonwalked backwards and got open. You had to be blind to not see em. But his dumba$$ was just standing there. There were miscues but the playcalling got really bad.

That's where I can't agree. The situational playcalling is horrific. I've seen it all year long. We should be easily 8-4 right now. The run playcalling when we should pass was awful and then the lack of screen passes when there was open field shocked me. If he were in the booth, we win this game. There were weakside gaps all over the place. You could have moonwalked backwards and got open. You had to be blind to not see em. But his dumba$$ was just standing there. There were miscues but the playcalling got really bad.

I ask completely out of ignorance, but in the TF system, how many plays are called & ran as called versus read based calls pre-snap?

So many offensive schemes use box counts and safety alignment pre-snap to set the initial play, but even that play may give the QB a RPO or be a run play with different pass tags based on how the read reacts.

I heard an OC describe 1 play concept that was basically 2 different RPOs to each side of the field depending on how the D lines up and that doesn’t include the blitz hot read. So one play call could look like a number of different plays.

I have noticed at my other school what is often blamed as a bad play call is more often crappy execution by 1 or 2 players or a terrible read by the QB versus what I would call a pure bad play call. If your OL misses blocks or a Wideout doesn’t run a good route to run off a CB, then plays can look bad when the design was actually pretty good.

Again, I don’t know enough about the system to know for sure if our offensive struggles are purely bad calls, but my hunch is it is often poor execution or bad reads.

Ohara isn't checking into another play on his own. He looks back to get the alternate. Even Doughty said the lack of RPO's was puzzling.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Ohara isn't checking into another play on his own. He looks back to get the alternate. Even Doughty said the lack of RPO's was puzzling.

The “check with me” doesn’t check out of RPOs in alot RPO based offenses. It is actually sets the direction of the RPO. At least in the P5 RPOs I am familiar with. I wasn’t sure how TF uses his check with me though.

Eh I can see his side of it. If the players are not going to listen and run what they want to out there....well jeez. After 14 years that shouldn't happening I'm pretty sure? I would borderline kick them off the team. That failed fake punt is what turned the game and gave WKU all the momentum. Insubordination should not be accepted and a strong example needs to be set. I wonder if the person was a senior and just doesn't care anymore....

Such a lost team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT