ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-5, 1-4) vs Charlotte (2-8, 1-5), ESPN+, 2:30PM, Saturday, November 12, 2022

The 1st half was terrible but they got it done. Looked like a few hundred there. Yikes on Attendance.

In this highlight reel, every pass from Vattiato was behind the receivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
I thought the Charlotte play calling in the second half was horrible. The end result was more Charlotte not winning than it was MT not losing.

I doubt attendance would have been much better with temp in the 60s.

Win over a two win Charlotte is better than a loss to them, but not by much.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
If Charlotte had any kicking game at all, we would have lost. They were going for it on 4th down because they knew the kicker couldn't convert. On the blocked punt, it didn't look like we did anything special but the punter, for some reason decided to try for a 4-5 yard running start before he kicked it.

I thought the Charlotte play calling in the second half was horrible. The end result was more Charlotte not winning than it was MT not losing.

I doubt attendance would have been much better with temp in the 60s.

Win over a two win Charlotte is better than a loss to them, but not by much.
It officially means Stock won't finish the year with an overall losing record. He's now 106-103 and at worst can finish 106-105, at best 109-103. So anywhere from .502-.514.

One win away from bowl eligibility! This is the bar that our leadership has set for this program to max out. Next two games are bigger than the super bowl for Stock and his boys. Lot on the line for players and coaches. Nobody else cares though, haha, so lame. Another year and another .500 program in the worst conference in college football.

The 1st half was terrible but they got it done. Looked like a few hundred there. Yikes on Attendance.
I was there - on the home side. At the beginning of the game I scanned the student side and did an estimated count and came up with about 200. Looked like more around me on my side but even so, I'd bet around 1,000 total. Throw in the band, both football teams, staff, dance team, cheer, security, concession workers, food truck vendors, ticket takers and we might have had 2,000.

I was there - on the home side. At the beginning of the game I scanned the student side and did an estimated count and came up with about 200. Looked like more around me on my side but even so, I'd bet around 1,000 total. Throw in the band, both football teams, staff, dance team, cheer, security, concession workers, food truck vendors, ticket takers and we might have had 2,000.
It’s really depressing how much Massaro has let this program decline to embarrassing levels of “at best“ 2,000 attending home games. Don’t you at least have any pride in your job, knowing this all happened on your watch?

It’s really depressing how much Massaro has let this program decline to embarrassing levels of “at best“ 2,000 attending home games. Don’t you at least have any pride in your job, knowing this all happened on your watch?
McPhee, Steve Smith, TBOR
Do they not feel any shame while sitting in the warm confines of their Hendrix Club seats ?
The head of the snake must be cut off

They're really trying to auger this thing in the ground good. The salute to the veterans game used to draw a decent amount (for MT standards). This program isn't dead, but it's definitely in a coma. Only a housecleaning could snap it out of it. I wish it was warmer because they'll just use the cold as an excuse for no one showing today. Maybe one day after they finish off our program, they'll do a 30 for 30 documentary about how our program was destroyed from the inside over the course of a decade + of rewarded mediocrity. Sleepy Stock's contract in today's CFB world would blow minds.

When they showed all those empty bleachers and home side chairbacks in the 3rd Qtr. all I could think of was, what must be going through Lee DeLeon’s mind right now?

Yeah, the weather is going to be absolutely brutal. The older veterans I hope get through it without any impact on their health.
I’m a vet that was planning to attend. I couldn’t convince the lady to go so we watched it at home. I think the weather played a role but it was still rough seeing the stands.

But people think Tuesday games will hurt attendance 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT