ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-5, 1-4) vs Charlotte (2-8, 1-5), ESPN+, 2:30PM, Saturday, November 12, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country

General Information

Founded: 1946 Enrollment: 29,710
Colors: Green and White Nickname: 49ers
Series: MT leads 4-2
Stadium: J. Richardson (15,314)
Head Coach: Will Healy (Richmond, 2008)
Record at CLT: 14-17 (4th year) Overall: 27-38 (7th)
2021 Record: 5-7 (3-5) 2021 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 14/8 Lettermen R/L: 46/18

Last edited:
This press conference is a prime example of what a laughing stock (no pun intended) that this football program has become. Other than the softball questions thrown by Athletic Dept. Employee, Sam Doughton, did Mark Owen run out in the hall and grab Abigail Martin to fill space?? She’s a Senior at MT and also works for the school. I mean these two no disrespect but not one person from outside local media outlets attended. Unreal. I’ve never seen anything like this for a “Div. 1” football program.

This press conference is a prime example of what a laughing stock (no pun intended) that this football program has become. Other than the softball questions thrown by Athletic Dept. Employee, Sam Doughton, did Mark Owen run out in the hall and grab Abigail Martin to fill space?? She’s a Senior at MT and also works for the school. I mean these two no disrespect but not one person from outside local media outlets attended. Unreal. I’ve never seen anything like this for a “Div. 1” football program.
Division 1 in name only. The football program is dead. Just put the emphasis on basketball and getting us into a basketball conference and shut football down.

I actually don’t have a problem with putting a senior in there. Especially if it’s a journalism major. Good experience.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/abigail-martin-b76b1718b

But that press conference man …
Me either but where is the media? The REAL media. You know, TV, print, radio? I’m all for getting a student some experience, training and exposure but who actually watches this thing from start to finish? Not me. Seriously.

Me either but where is the media? The REAL media. You know, TV, print, radio? I’m all for getting a student some experience, training and exposure but who actually watches this thing from start to finish? Not me. Seriously.
Me either but where is the media?
Been asking that same question for quite some time and voiced it here many times. Burns me up that we have media in this area that look the other way or just like us don’t care.
Monte, Pogue, Burton, heck even Hutton all have a platform that could shed some light in the dark hole we call MT football. Even when that nice man Phil Williams began digging around about the nepotism, the story died quickly. Sure brings out the conspiracy theory part of me wondering what’s buried there. I don’t think the admin wants anyone to ask questions at the presser, show up at the BLVD, or call in a post game show. Total Bush League.
Would be a great gig for a young cub reporter, if we had one.

Me either but where is the media?
Been asking that same question for quite some time and voiced it here many times. Burns me up that we have media in this area that look the other way or just like us don’t care.
Monte, Pogue, Burton, heck even Hutton all have a platform that could shed some light in the dark hole we call MT football. Even when that nice man Phil Williams began digging around about the nepotism, the story died quickly. Sure brings out the conspiracy theory part of me wondering what’s buried there. I don’t think the admin wants anyone to ask questions at the presser, show up at the BLVD, or call in a post game show. Total Bush League.
Would be a great gig for a young cub reporter, if we had one.
It could be something buried, and a combination of who they let be available. Communications runs a tight ship when it comes to who's available for pressers.

I'm unfamiliar with the names that you mentioned, but I do know a couple of independent media that has attempted to cover MT in the past but got blacklisted due to their honest opinion on the program.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
It could be something buried, and a combination of who they let be available. Communications runs a tight ship when it comes to who's available for pressers.

I'm unfamiliar with the names that you mentioned, but I do know a couple of independent media that has attempted to cover MT in the past but got blacklisted due to their honest opinion on the program.
Which was exactly my point. “They” know exactly what they’re doing. The whole department needs an enema.

When is the last time we had a game on normal cable tv? I don’t think I’ve seen a game on tv in over a month.

When is the last time we had a game on normal cable tv? I don’t think I’ve seen a game on tv in over a month.
It's a mixed bag. I honestly don't know. I dropped cable years ago.

I have Hulu with live TV and ESPN+ is integrated in to it just like a channel. I go to the sports page and unless I pay attention to the little corner icon of what station it is on, I don't know. Just click it and watch it. So CBS, CBSSN, FOX, FS1, ESPN, or ESPN+, it's all the same to me.

I think more and more streaming is going to be that way.
The advantage with the new media deal is even not being on linear TV, it is a whole lot easier to do ESPN+ than hunt Stadium or Facebook. I don't miss the days of running an HDMI cable to my TV from my laptop or casting my phone to the TV for Facebook games at all.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
With those temperatures and another disappointing season, this will be interesting to see the attendance numbers. Will they break 1,000?

According to "The Score" Cunningham is doubtful for today. However, un the past, they've been really wrong with their injury reports

With those temperatures and another disappointing season, this will be interesting to see the attendance numbers. Will they break 1,000?
My guess is no more than 2K or 2500. At least they'll have the excuse of the weather to obscure how low Stockstill has brought the program.

So far, this looks like an evenly matched pillow fight in front of the dozens and dozens in attendance.

It's bad. Offensive line is horrendous, awful play calling, Vatiatto not hitting anything.
Even the beer garden looks empty.

We only had the ball for 4:38 of the 1st qtr. Keep that up and per usual, defense will wear down, annnnnd we get beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT