ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(4-14, 0-5) @ FIU(12-6, 3-2), 6PM, Saturday, January 18, 2020

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Florida International
Enrollment: 54,000
Arena: Ocean Bank Convovation Center (5,000)
Colors: Blue & Gold Nickname: Panthers
Head Coach: Jeremy Ballard Record at School: 20-14 (1 Season) Career Record: 20-14 (1 Season)
2018-19 Record: 20-14, 10-8 2018-19 Finish: 7th C-USA 2018-19 Postseason: CIT Round 2
Starters R/L: 4/1 Letterwinners R/L: 6/7
Twitter: @FIUHoops

LIVE VIDEO (FIU)

LIVE STATS (FIU)

GAME NOTES

Date: January 18, 2020 Time: 6:00 PM CT
Location: Miami, Fla. Arena: Ocean Bank Convocation Center (5,000)
Series Record: MT leads 30-9

TV: ESPN+ Talent: AJ Ricketts (PxP)

Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn)
Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)

Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders

I told myself I wasn't gonna watch anymore but I bought the yearly package for ESPN+ so it'll probably be hard for me to not tune in tomorrow night. Actually had MT +8 @ FAU so that was a nice W ATS at least. I'll probably roll with them again tomorrow even though they'll probably lose by 20+

It's less than 10. FIU is better than FAU. No way I would put money on MT tomorrow. FIU has been good at home.

The only game we should win with our current situation is USM. Lose that and we are done. No CUSA tourney game. I don't think that we'd get one even if we won that game. Wow.

Unsurprisingly, falling apart.

Green has regressed since he joined the team. Very poor decision making this year.

Looks like a clown show per usual. On track to let FIU drop 100 on us.

We are incomprehensibly bad. Like middle tier Division 2 type of team bad. Probably won’t win another Division 1 game kind of bad....

How did the caretakers of this program let it get this bad this fast ? We are substantially worse than last years team with the same essential core of players? All we lost was gamble and Hawthorne and we are substantially worse team.

Also, Worst defense I’ve ever seen in MT basketball history, and by a long stretch.

And lastly.....isn’t this TERRIBLE for recruiting purposes ? No way donte Houston JR comes here now right ? And most other good recruits right ? Who is gonna want to come play for a team that wins 5 games ????? Now we will settle for more bad players like we already have been with some. It almost feels like nick is trying to get fired at this point. Could he have done a worse job up to this point ? Serious question.

This university makes it impossible to want to support our athletic programs. Such terrible management across the board and now our basketball program is in absolute shambles and boy it sure didn’t take long.

Last edited:
Looks like a clown show per usual. On track to let FIU drop 100 on us.

We are incomprehensibly bad. Like middle tier Division 2 type of team bad. Probably won’t win another Division 1 game kind of bad....

How did the caretakers of this program let it get this bad this fast ? We are substantially worse than last years team with the same essential core of players? All we lost was gamble and Hawthorne and we are substantially worse team.

Also, Worst defense I’ve ever seen in MT basketball history, and by a long stretch.

And lastly.....isn’t this TERRIBLE for recruiting purposes ? No way donte Houston JR comes here now right ? And most other good recruits right ? Who is gonna want to come play for a team that wins 5 games ????? Now we will settle for more bad players like we already have been with some. It almost feels like nick is trying to get fired at this point. Could he have done a worse job up to this point ? Serious question.

This university makes it impossible to want to support our athletic programs. Such terrible management across the board and now our basketball program is in absolute shambles and boy it sure didn’t take long.

When the decision makers refuse to acknowledge there are problems then nothing will change.
Two choices:
1) continue to throw money at them or
2) vote with your wallet and your feet.

When the decision makers refuse to acknowledge there are problems then nothing will change.
Two choices:

I generally think a coach deserves 3 or 4 years to put there program place. But if you are in year 2 and don’t end up winning 7 games vs D1 teams (ending up with at least 10 total) & can’t show some like / improvement, you really don’t deserve a 3rd season.

Really running out of time to do either this season.

Two choices:

Yep I had enough but there are some here on this board who will call you out for such things - even in the face of an obvious reality. How anyone can look at our current situation and be ok with it boggles my mind. I think some of the people here actually want MT to fail so we can go back to good ole days when we were in leagues and did things in a way that was befitting to the little middle culture.

Yeah, and USM won so we are straight alone in the cellar now. It's indefensible IMO. There is nothing that can justify it. Kermit got all of those years before we caught fire but he was winning no less than 15 games a season even in his worst years. I don't know if you give a coach who can't win 5 games (just 1 D1 win) in his no.2 year much longer.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
Such bad roster management. All his recruits been busts or marginal talent. Players regressing under his watch too. Green and scurry are considerably worse this year. Woe is us....

Actually hate it for mcdevitt. I wanted it to work for him here at MT. I still want it to work. I’m praying for a huge turnaround in season 3 if he’s still here but it’s just so hard to see at this point. I see so many problems with the team and program and while most can be attributed to a flat out lack of good players, we shouldn’t be THIS bad and regressing this much and our roster should not be this devoid of talent.....

Sucks for all parties involved.

What do you think will happen if we lose out the rest of the season? Absolute total regression from year one. Something nobody expected. I wouldn't be shocked if we did nothing.

I would.

I have zero confidence in Massaro & McPhee to do the urgently needed bold and decisive action.

I was really not hoping for this, but there just aren't any tangible improvements. From my view, they are regressing.

If it were up to me, I'd already be talking to prospective new HCs.

If the DNJ/Tennesseean or Murfreesboro Post were doing there job they would be filing FOIA request to get the details of his contract, so we can see what were dealing with mony wise if we fire him.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
I may get blasted for this, but might I point out that the women are coming together and are a great team to watch at this point. They are limited in numbers, but every game is fun and exciting. The men are bad this year and seem to be regressing. I get the disappointment with the men's team, however we could turn our frustration into support for the women.

Reactions: Blue_H
I may get blasted for this, but might I point out that the women are coming together and are a great team to watch at this point. They are limited in numbers, but every game is fun and exciting. The men are bad this year and seem to be regressing. I get the disappointment with the men's team, however we could turn our frustration into support for the women.

I just can't watch women's basketball, or female sports for that matter. I just can't relate. They look far too uncoordinated and sloppy.

Reactions: Raiders_55
If the DNJ/Tennesseean or Murfreesboro Post were doing there job they would be filing FOIA request to get the details of his contract, so we can see what were dealing with mony wise if we fire him.

This.

This has been a saving grace for our entire administration. P5 schools have real newspaper journalists that would have destroyed this group over the years. Besides the guys on this fan site, we have no real journalism willing to ask tough questions.

Did I see posted on here in a thread that they were not even taking questions on the coach's show?

I want the men’s team to succeed and I was really pulling for Nick but at this point, he is the wrong hire.

I would.

I have zero confidence in Massaro & McPhee to do the urgently needed bold and decisive action.

I was really not hoping for this, but there just aren't any tangible improvements. From my view, they are regressing.

If it were up to me, I'd already be talking to prospective new HCs.

This is why Dr. McPhee will never admit a bad hire or contract decision. From the DNJ 3/24/18:
”Never have I had such a powerful first impression from a prospective coach," MTSU president Sidney McPhee said in a school release. "I was simply blown away by coach McDevitt's enthusiasm, his energy and how he shares our vision and values."

Reactions: amgtmom
This is why Dr. McPhee will never admit a bad hire or contract decision. From the DNJ 3/24/18:
”Never have I had such a powerful first impression from a prospective coach," MTSU president Sidney McPhee said in a school release. "I was simply blown away by coach McDevitt's enthusiasm, his energy and how he shares our vision and values."

We all were. I remember during the introduction thinking man. He's much more personable than Stoc . Doesn't mean squat on the court thougb.

ADVERTISEMENT