ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (3-5, 1-1) vs USM (5-6, 1-3), Friday (7pm)/Saturday (4pm), January 15/16, 2021

scanned the OM message boards and comments about CKD:

“This train is chugging backwards.”

“It just doesn’t seem like Kermit is working out too well.”

“This team and last year’s is flat out awful.”

And there is a full thread on SEC rant about if Kermit gets another year to fix OM’s problems.

all I can think is, that’s a shame.....

Well, he's a hell of a lot better than their last coach. However, P5 schools don't give you more than 3 years to get it going. Kermit went there to set his family up for the rest of their lives. 6-8 mill for a 4 year contract is a nice cushion.

Like CNM coming here, It's not a good fit.

Kermit will get shown the door after this season.

Kermit will get shown the door after this season.

That’s a shame....

In all seriousness, I don’t blame CKD for going to OM. I would have are the jump for that money and a chance to move back to my home state (TN) too.

I do take issue with him recruiting MT signees to come with him. I know several coaches that take other jobs and do not recruit signees at their old gig to follow them. That was a crappy middle finger to the school that gave him more time than any other school would have to figure things out & become a viable P5 coaching candidate.

Kermit will be back at Ole Miss next season unless the bottom totally falls out for him the rest of the way this year.

That’s a shame....

In all seriousness, I don’t blame CKD for going to OM. I would have are the jump for that money and a chance to move back to my home state (TN) too.

I do take issue with him recruiting MT signees to come with him. I know several coaches that take other jobs and do not recruit signees at their old gig to follow them. That was a crappy middle finger to the school that gave him more time than any other school would have to figure things out & become a viable P5 coaching candidate.

Why wouldn't he do that? Anyone out there would see what they could get away with. The player was coming there for him anyway.

Massaro is the one that really let it happen IMO. He could have easily placed restrictions on where those players could go before he granted the release. (No conference teams or current scheduled opponents like EVERYONE ELSE does) Since he let them walk and play wherever, that let Kermit get them and play them. Massaro is an idiot but we knew that already.

Kermit will be back at Ole Miss next season unless the bottom totally falls out for him the rest of the way this year.
We'll see but UGA just got their forst SEC win on them and they are 6-6. I can't see the admin letting that sit well with them.

I know it's not reality, but MT would be better off with Kermit back here. UNC-Ashville and CNM would probably be better off with CNM back at unc-a. I know it's wishful thinking especially as M&M would screw up. It's all rather unlikely and hardly warrants mentioning. Plus, Kermit shouldn't be counted out just yet. His teams usually hit a rough spot early to mid season before finishing real strong.

CNM could then have reasonable success where his quality recruiting ability would keep in top of that conference by simply letting those superior players freelance offensively in place of any coherent offense required in the more competitive D1 conferences.

CNM could then have reasonable success where his quality recruiting ability would keep in top of that conference by simply letting those superior players freelance offensively in place of any coherent offense required in the more competitive D1 conferences.

Pretty much what I said almost three years ago. And don’t forget any coherent defensive philosophy.

Completely roasted here for it but hey comes with the territory of being the outlier when everyone is excited with their blue tinted glasses. That said, seems like consensus is finally starting to come around that this has been failed experiment (that at least IMO never should have happened in the first place).

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
ADVERTISEMENT