ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (3-5, 1-1) vs USM (5-6, 1-3), Friday (7pm)/Saturday (4pm), January 15/16, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Date: January 15, 2021 Time: 7:00 PM CT
Arena: Reed Green Coliseum (8,095)
Series History (MT leads 10-3)
  • Away 4-2
  • Home 6-0
  • Neutral 0-1
  • Ladner vs. MT 0-3
TV: ESPN+ Talent: Lee Roberts, Larry Boyd
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn) Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)
Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders
LIVE STATS

SOUTHERN MISS GOLDEN EAGLES (5-6, 1-3 C-USA)
Head Coach: Jay Ladner (Southern Miss, 1988)
Record at Southern Miss: 14-28 (second season), Career Record: 90-116 (seventh season)

Win both games? Seriously? We probably have one maybe two more wins the rest of the season.

Anyone gonna pay to watch tomorrow’s game?

If it's on ESPN+ again tomorrow, I'll watch it. I have the monthly subscription. I was skeptical when I first bought it, but I've gotten my money's worth out of it between the MT games and being able to see other games of interest. Comes in handy at the office if I'm working late on a weeknight or on a weekend.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
If it's on ESPN+ again tomorrow, I'll watch it. I have the monthly subscription. I was skeptical when I first bought it, but I've gotten my money's worth out of it between the MT games and being able to see other games of interest. Comes in handy at the office if I'm working late on a weeknight or on a weekend.

Yeah, I have the monthly subscription, so I will likely watch it until I can't stomach it anymore.

Definitely not going to waste my time. I tricked myself once again into watching the first half. As I’ve said before it just isn’t fun to watch this. I suspect they will play better today (because let’s be honest they can’t be much worse) but the same song and verse that has been true about this program since CNMs first game remains.

When you were convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt that we made a bad hiring decision and then for three years the head coach has shown absolutely nothing to disavow me of this view there really isn’t anything left to say. I guess it’s just a matter of the rest of you catching up with me and whether the administration is going to fix it. And since I have no faith in this leadership either I will have less and less interest as they continue to destroy my alma mater’s athletics program.

Last edited:
Was going to post the archived game from Friday night that is usually posted shortly on the wgns site shortly after the game has ended. As of noon the day after, the archived game is not posted...

anyway, today is another game day.

Last edited:
So I spoke to an Ole Miss supporter today. They are less than impressed with Kermit. I am hopeful that the can him and send him back to us. Our basketball team will not even be 500. USM is not a great team we just stink. Yes we are missing players but our scoring droughts and reckless play is just too much to watch. I am sure that since these games were on ESPN it will do wonders for recruiting. LOL WE STINK!

So I spoke to an Ole Miss supporter today. They are less than impressed with Kermit. I am hopeful that the can him and send him back to us. Our basketball team will not even be 500. USM is not a great team we just stink. Yes we are missing players but our scoring droughts and reckless play is just too much to watch. I am sure that since these games were on ESPN it will do wonders for recruiting. LOL WE STINK!
BTW, Fagan led uga with 19 to get their first $ec win over ole miss.

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
So I spoke to an Ole Miss supporter today. They are less than impressed with Kermit. I am hopeful that the can him and send him back to us.

scanned the OM message boards and comments about CKD:

“This train is chugging backwards.”

“It just doesn’t seem like Kermit is working out too well.”

“This team and last year’s is flat out awful.”

And there is a full thread on SEC rant about if Kermit gets another year to fix OM’s problems.

all I can think is, that’s a shame.....

Nick's contract information:

Middle TennesseeCUSANick McDevitt$575,0006/30/2023Receives $175,000 for media appearances. MTSU was also responsbile for paying McDevitt's buyout to UNC Asheville.

So overpaid it's insane. I watched that game last night. No discipline at all. Very little communication. Where are the picks? Where are the screens? Just a lot of perimeter passing and wild shooting. Why shoot with no one under the basket? All I saw was running with very little play setup. I keep going back to fundamentals. I just don't see them. USM had way more communication and rythm than we did. They hit their free throws as well.

Our coaching is just not good at all.and it will never be any good here IMO. CNM will never break .500 here. It's never gonna happen. Ray Charles could see that. This coach and staff doesn't have the ability to coach this team in this conference. Not being negative. We have 3 seasons of data now.

ADVERTISEMENT