ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(3-4) vs Lipscomb (5-1), 5PM, Saturday, December 1, 2018

Lipscomb will destroy us. Absolutely destroy. They got some white dudes who can shoot the lights out of the gym and they are fundamentally sound on defense. They've been a money making machine both last year and so far this year and will continue to be one. Another double digit loss incoming for the Blue Raiders

Every year we have railed about our fellow conference mates dragging down our RPI and getting killed in OOC games....

Looking like it's our turn to screw everything all up and keep this a 1 big league.

Saw this coming a mile away. Going to make a lot of $$$$$ off these Blue Raiders this year.

Every year we have railed about our fellow conference mates dragging down our RPI and getting killed in OOC games....

Looking like it's our turn to screw everything all up and keep this a 1 big league.

Yep, I was thinking something similar. Sort of ironic in a twisted sort of way. MT is down towards the bottom of the standings in C-USA and right now both FIU and FAU are up near the top of the conference in the standings.....at least in out of conference play so far. A strange twist indeed.

With MT's really difficult strength of schedule in the out of conf, I suspect MT's RPI would not be that bad even with the wins and losses not in our favor. Don't know how things are stacking up now as I think the RPI is now officially a thing of the past. Apparently they have some new formula for rankings. I'm sure it favors P5 programs regardless of what they say they are doing. I think the system is NET

Most of Lipscomb's players know their system and don't make many errors.

Every MT player is learning a new system and it takes a least a full semester for most guys to get comfortable with a new playbook. Give the guys another month and this team will be much better.

Reactions: MTsumner92
We can make all the excuses in the world but at the end of the day we are getting beat down by double digits any time we face a team with a pulse. This last game in our gym nonetheless. Embarassing.

CUSA will never be more than a 1 bid league because there's always several teams feeding away losses to nearly every OOC game they play each year. This year, we are one of those teams. I'm actually surprised we beat Charleston Southern at this point.

Have you guys looked at the schedule lately? Doesn't look like we will even win a game in the month of December. Yikes....

ADVERTISEMENT