ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(3-4, 0-3) @ UT-El Paso(4-4, 2-2), (ESPN+), 8PM, Saturday, October 29, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
crop

General Information

Founded: 1914 Enrollment: 25,177
Colors: Orange, Dark Blue Nickname: Miners
Series: MT leads 3-1
Stadium: Sun Bowl (46,670)
Head Coach: Dana Dimel (Kansas State, 1986)
Record at UTEP: 12-33 (5th) Overall: 42-72 (10th)
2021 Record: 7-6 (4-4) 2021 Bowl: New Mexico
Starters Ret./Lost: 14/8 Lettermen R/L: TBA

Last edited:
UTSA 4-0 (bye week)
WKU 3-1 (play UNT)
UNT 3-1
Rice 2-1 (play Char, will most likely be 3rd next week)
UAB 2-2
UTEP 2-2
FAU 2-2
FIU 1-2
LaT 1-2
MT 0-3
Char 0-4

* Stock has averaged 4.6 conference wins per year since joining CUSA in 2013.
* He has never started 0-3 in conference
* Not counting COVID 2020 season, he's never finished with less than 3 wins. He did have one 1 win season in the SBC in 2011.

Last edited:
Does the Boulevard have to pay to host? How does that work? I took the fam years ago to Sam's for a show and only made that mistake once.

Those shows really should be a pulse check on the state of the program. If there is nobody going, then that's a clear message.
Press conferences are the same way. Every now and then WSMV will be there, but quite often it is just Sam who works for the school. I mean they still do them zoom. Do many schools still do that now?

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Ever since beating Miami (FL) — which we now know stinks — Middle Tennessee State is 0-3, has failed to cover the spread in each game and has been outscored 121-61.

This offense ranks 120th in the country in Success Rate on offense and quarterback Chase Cunningham has been held under 4.6 yards per attempt in the last two games.

The Blue Raiders don’t really run the ball at all and when they do it, they don’t do it well. Outside of a few big plays here and there, this offense just doesn’t consistently move the ball.

Middle Tennessee’s defense has also been torched, especially recently. It has allowed seven yards per play over the last three weeks and over 40 points per game.

UTEP’s offense comes into this game clicking on all cylinders. The Miners’ three highest yards per play outputs this season have all come in the last three games.

Last week against FAU, the Miners rushed for 234 yards, with Deion Hankins leading the way with 138 yards on 17 carries.

Hankins and Ronald Awatt have basically alternated carries this season, and they should be in line for big games against a Middle Tennessee defense that has allowed 10 rushing touchdowns and 211 yards per game on the ground over the last three outings.

The Miners have gone 3-1 at home this season and enter the game winners of three of the last four games. Gavin Hardison has done a much better job protecting the football at home, and this game being in El Paso is a big advantage for the Miners.

I like us 31-17. I think we just have been playing better teams lately.

Defense is playing decent but they are for sure ready for halftime. Already getting tired. UTEP leading ToP. Not by much, but is. .....and an unsportsmanlike on us. Grrrr.

I had a business trip that took me to El Paso for the day this week. I could have stayed for the game but it’s stuck and suck football.

OLine looks awful. Chase running for his life every play. Really should be up by 2 TDs at half.

The offensive pass on El Paso changed the entire game. Finally the CUSA refs screw up and help us.
I don't feel bad about that call. They missed holding calls on UTEP all night. Whenever they zoomed in on plays, UTEP's OL had handfulls of jersey not letting go when they were clearly beaten of the LOS. It was clearly holding and I saw it like at least 15 times. Everyone holds but it was worse than normal. Our DL was very effective. I don't know how UTEP beat Boise St. the way they did. That WR they have is very good but they went to the well too many times. Getting DJ back was big for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
For the sake of discussion, what would you all say if we win out and win our bowl game finishing 9-4? On the surface that is a successful season, but to me it is still just beating bad teams and losing to good teams with no conference championship. Just so happens we have more bad teams on our schedule this year. I don’t think we get 9 wins, but it is definitely not impossible. I have mixed feelings.

For the sake of discussion, what would you all say if we win out and win our bowl game finishing 9-4? On the surface that is a successful season, but to me it is still just beating bad teams and losing to good teams with no conference championship. Just so happens we have more bad teams on our schedule this year. I don’t think we get 9 wins, but it is definitely not impossible. I have mixed feelings.
The problem is when you put it up against the overall body of work of this program it would be successful. Nothing to shoot of fireworks about but at least fairly successful.

Reactions: ewglenn and MTTim
ADVERTISEMENT