ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-3, 0-2) vs Western Kentucky (3-3, 1-1), #100MilesOfHate, (Homecoming), (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 15, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country

General Information

Founded: 1906 Enrollment: 20,267
Colors: Red and White Nickname: Hilltoppers
Series: Tied 35-35-1
Stadium: Houchens (22,113)
Head Coach: Tyson Helton (Houston, 1999)
Record at WKU: 23-16 (4th) Overall: Same
2021 Record: 9-5 (7-1) 2021 Bowl: Boca Raton
Starters Ret./Lost: 12/10 Lettermen R/L: 42/28

Last edited:
Since 2015, Stockstill is 1-6 against wku

2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A

2018 W 29-10 H
2019 L 31-26 A
2020 L 20-17 H

2021 L 48-21 A

Last edited:
Since 2015, Stockstill is 1-6 against wku

2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A

2018 W 29-10 H
2019 L 31-26 A
2020 L 20-17 H

2021 L 48-21 A

And 6-8 overall. Not to mention they've won CUSA twice and joined a year after us. Grrrr.

1st half of season is now over and Stock is now 43-58 for that span.

Overall CUSA record this year is currently at 29-34.

WKU has outscored opponents this year 245-142, with same type of schedule as us. FCS, P5, 2 G5, 2 conf.

Averaging 40pts and 497yds per game

For comparison we are averaging almost 30pts and 371yds per game.

WKU defense ranked 69 at 374.8yds per game.
MT defense ranked 106 at 423.7yds per game.

And 6-8 overall. Not to mention they've won CUSA twice and joined a year after us. Grrrr.

1st half of season is now over and Stock is now 43-58 for that span.

Overall CUSA record this year is currently at 29-34.

WKU has outscored opponents this year 245-142, with same type of schedule as us. FCS, P5, 2 G5, 2 conf.

Averaging 40pts and 497yds per game

For comparison we are averaging almost 30pts and 371yds per game.

WKU defense ranked 69 at 374.8yds per game.
MT defense ranked 106 at 423.7yds per game.
It’s going to be ugly

Doesn’t matter. We are 0-2 now and eliminated from CUSA title chances. 3rd straight season to start 0-2 in conference and end title hopes before they even begin, and this coach will be rewarded for it with a 6-6 record to end the year. Feels literally criminal.

The whole situation is just so sad. I feel like I have finally capitulated. I’ve finished my final stage of grieving, acceptance, and ready to move on.

it’s impossible to care anymore. How could we when the leaders who are in place clearly do not as evidenced by these absurd contract extensions with laughable “goals.” The entire situation feels criminal and helpless. Futile as a whole.

thank god MT basketball at least had a pulse last year and was very exciting to watch. I’m pumped to see what the team can do this year with Dishman coming back, jalen Jordan hopefully healthy, and the new faces we signed. We should at the very least compete for the East again which will give us something to
Hope and cheer for.

i think we just have to write football off, for now and for the foreseeable future. Stockstill isn’t going anywhere with that contract so we must all check out and cut that out of our lives. I wish we would all just stop even discussing football on the forums and focus on the sports that are worth our attention.

MT football is dead. Put a tombstone on it, and move on.

I will not be commenting or reading about the program any longer until Stockstill is replaced. There’s nothing left to say.

Probably going to buy some MT hoops season tickets this season, but seriously thinking about Vandy football tickets next year. Get to enjoy seeing some SEC teams roll through Nashville. Should be much more stress free environment, not having a dog in the hunt.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Doesn’t matter. We are 0-2 now and eliminated from CUSA title chances. 3rd straight season to start 0-2 in conference and end title hopes before they even begin, and this coach will be rewarded for it with a 6-6 record to end the year. Feels literally criminal.

The whole situation is just so sad. I feel like I have finally capitulated. I’ve finished my final stage of grieving, acceptance, and ready to move on.

it’s impossible to care anymore. How could we when the leaders who are in place clearly do not as evidenced by these absurd contract extensions with laughable “goals.” The entire situation feels criminal and helpless. Futile as a whole.

thank god MT basketball at least had a pulse last year and was very exciting to watch. I’m pumped to see what the team can do this year with Dishman coming back, jalen Jordan hopefully healthy, and the new faces we signed. We should at the very least compete for the East again which will give us something to
Hope and cheer for.

i think we just have to write football off, for now and for the foreseeable future. Stockstill isn’t going anywhere with that contract so we must all check out and cut that out of our lives. I wish we would all just stop even discussing football on the forums and focus on the sports that are worth our attention.

MT football is dead. Put a tombstone on it, and move on.

I will not be commenting or reading about the program any longer until Stockstill is replaced. There’s nothing left to say.
Total agreement - tired of the dead sport dialogue. Basketball, men's or women's only

Total agreement - tired of the dead sport dialogue. Basketball, men's or women's only

Totally with you! Let's turn this thread into a basketball one. Who cares about the WKU game.

Anyone privy to any practice information for the men's team ? I'm very curious if any of the new comers are expected to log significant minutes and participate.

All I can do is joke about CRS's MT football and get a few laughs out of it now that I have ZERO expectations. Seriously though, I'm sure everyone exiting Floyd after the homecoming skull dragging we'll get will be raving about how they could still see MT competing after the game was well out hand by early in the 3rd quarter.

Totally with you! Let's turn this thread into a basketball one. Who cares about the WKU game.

Anyone privy to any practice information for the men's team ? I'm very curious if any of the new comers are expected to log significant minutes and participate.
Men appear to be keeping team info close to the vest compared to ladies. Matt has put out a number of practice videos for women's team, but minimal output for men. Space did post upcoming secret scrimmage dates with 2 local teams. Nice if someone knew or could reach out to Kingaling as a Raider insider for some updates.

The guy has zero sense of urgency. I guess if I had a contract like his, I could be just as laid back. If Bama gave up 40 points in a rout, Saban would be screaming at everyone from the student managers, trainers, GAs, Analysts, position coaches all the way up the food chain to both coordinators. Probably even the band and cheerleaders too.

I can’t listen to him anymore. “Ya know and they’re giving it their all.” Unfortunately, if it comes down to recruiting talent, less talented players who “give it their all” just ain’t gonna cut it against more talented players doing the same.

The guy has zero sense of urgency. I guess if I had a contract like his, I could be just as laid back. If Bama gave up 40 points in a rout, Saban would be screaming at everyone from the student managers, trainers, GAs, Analysts, position coaches all the way up the food chain to both coordinators. Probably even the band and cheerleaders too.

I can’t listen to him anymore. “Ya know and they’re giving it their all.” Unfortunately, if it comes down to recruiting talent, less talented players who “give it their all” just ain’t gonna cut it against more talented players doing the same.
I can't listen to his crap excuses. This University should be embarrassed to have a coach spewing the same bs everyday. He's lucky the two people he reports up to are complete idiots.

All I can do is joke about CRS's MT football and get a few laughs out of it now that I have ZERO expectations. Seriously though, I'm sure everyone exiting Floyd after the homecoming skull dragging we'll get will be raving about how they could still see MT competing after the game was well out hand by early in the 3rd quarter.
Game will be over by halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT