ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-2; 0-1) @ UAB (2-2; 0-1), (Stadium), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 8, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
FeBFbJbWAAIu2xa

General Information

Founded: 1969 Enrollment: 22,563
Colors: Forrest Green & Old Gold Nickname: Blazers
Series: Tied 4-4, 3-1 Away, 1-3 Streak L-1, Last Meeting UAB 27, MT 25 (2018)
Stadium: Protective (45,000)
Interim Head Coach: Bryant Vincent (West Alabama, 1998)
Record at UAB: 0-0 (1st) Overall: Same
2021 Record: 9-4 2021 Bowl: Independence
Starters Ret./Lost: TBA Lettermen R/L: TBA

Last edited:
I only watch these for a good laugh. 😂😂
(Not the player segments)
If there is anything more boring than watching paint dry it has to be this and Rick Stockstill LIVE.
No questions, no pizazz, nobody cares. Same goes for the game day experience. All reflected by our coach and administration. Used to be a time I wouldnt miss any of these, now I don’t bother.

Usually the AD marketing dept is really good at random goodness...you know..sugar coating. But this actually is good. If only we could fix our secondary.

The only defensive stat that matters is points allowed. Where do they rank there?

Won't argue with that.

90th at avg 29pts per game. Total defense we are 85 allowing 5.23yds per play. UAB is highest conference at 26.

Here's one for you though. Top defense is JMU. Only 870yds allowed through 4 games. 3.77yds per play.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Lose these next two games and they are playing for a pre-Christmas bowl game, nothing more. I just hope the Channel 4 guy (Chris Harris)?)comes back to the weekly presser and ask the question again but substitute “3” for “1” conference loss(s). 😂

I could easily see a possibility we only win 2 more games, Charlotte and FIU. FAU is slowly getting better, as is UTEP. LaT isn't great but we always lose one we shouldn't. And of course UAB and WKU won't be easy. We "should" win at least 5 more, but who knows. By the bye we will know where we stand for ourselves and within the conference race

The wise move is to take us and the points. UAB is considerbly weaker than they were. If our D can jump on em early, we should be able to handle them offensively. They are not UTSA. This much is true.

Interesting game. I watched UAB play Rice and was not impressed. UAB was the bigger, stronger, faster team but Rice just outplayed them when it mattered. I had rice +11 and was worried at half time because UAB was doing literally whatever they wanted, but UAB just disappeared in the second half and Rice hit some big plays.

UAB coach is on record saying their QB is the most accurate he has coached. He seems pretty good, I suspect he will play a lot better at home against us. UAB has some nice sized WRs as well. I could see them abusing our secondary but not as much as UTSA did. I would say this game was winnable if MT didn’t have such glaring holes on offense and defense.

we essentially have zero interior linemen it appears. I have never seen our interior line dominated like that in a conference game since I started following the team 20ish years ago. I don’t know how UTSA was able to essentially run by our interior linemen without ANY resistance. Insane. Jordan Palmer has to play better and we have to find some guards that can at least cut someone. Expect UAB to attack our OL and especially the A gaps. Chase will be running for his life again. UAB has grown ass men on the DL and they will be hunting him.

secondary problems and OL problems will be too much to overcome and thoroughabused by UAB.

lines about right at 9. MT will have some success on offense because chase and our WRs are pretty good, defense will have some moments thanks to our front 7, but in the end UAB takes this one due to MTs mistakes, poor secondary, non-existent interior linemen. And I don’t think UAB is even that good of a team, but neither are we.

UAB is beatable. They are not the monster they have been in recent past seasons. Losing Bill Clark as head coach and some key pieces on both sides of the ball has yielded some clear regression.

make no mistake though, they have FBS caliber athletes on their team and should beat us. They are still a top 3 to top 5 team in conference. MT will have to play a very sound game in all 3 phases to have a chance. Specifically, our offensive guards and defensive backs will have to play as well or better than we did against Miami. UAB has great edge rushers too so both tackles will have their work cut out for them. This game, like all the others, will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage. We have to win or at least be even with them in the trenches. Doubt that happens.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Oh I've never been more pissed than that day. Walked around grumpy for a week. And then we got absolutely throttled by App State.

I hope we turn those Blazer dragon things in to salamanders Saturday.

Reactions: SubwayAlumni
For the Watson Brown detractors……

Brown and UAB had a QB named Darrell Hackney who was 4-0 against Memphis from 2002-2005. Tommy West’s defense helped make him Freshman of the Year in 2002.
West was (0-6) against Watson Brown from ‘01-‘06 and (2-7) overall vs. UAB during his Memphis stint. His two wins came against Neal Callaway who hired West as his DC in 2011 after which, they all got fired for going 3-9. UAB still leads the series (10-5) vs. Memphis that ended in 2012.

Just sayin’.😂

Last edited:

Last edited:
Looks like UAB lost something with the departure of Bill Clark. Even though it appears Rice is dramatically better, can't see coach Clark losing that game last week. Have to expect UAB to take out some anger on the Raiders Saturday. Won't predict the score, just UAB straight out

Anybody making the drive to Birmingham tomorrow?

I swore off conference road games with wku's 50+ point romp in BG seven years ago. Might have backed off that if MT had beaten utsa instead of reverting to the mean. Sadly, I'm holding firm and won't spend money or time on following these guys on the road until Stockstill is gone, Good luck to them and the fans who do go.

Last edited:
I swore off conference road games with wku's 50+ point romp in BG seven years ago. Might have backed off that if MT had beaten utsa instead of reverting to the mean. Sadly, I'm holding firm and won't spend money or time on following these guys on the road until Stockstill is gone, Good luck to them and the fans who do go.
No more road games for me. I'm very close to staying away from all games until a regime change is made.

I was there as well. Best part of that dreadful road trip was the seafood restaurant concession stand with their fish and shrimp tacos. It was in the concourse right behind the visitor section.

I was there as well. Best part of that dreadful road trip was the seafood restaurant concession stand with their fish and shrimp tacos. It was in the concourse right behind the visitor section.
Yep, unfortunately I was there too. Had some very colorful language for Nix as he came off the field at halftime. Thought he was going to come up in the stands and whup me good. Not proud of that moment, and I’ve asked for forgiveness. That KY a beer must give you more courage than the Blue Brew we drink.

ADVERTISEMENT