ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (3-11, 1-7) vs Charlotte (9-7, 5-3), 6PM/4PM, Friday/Saturday, February 5/6, 2021

Where the frak did that come from?! I miss one game and MT has a new team?

Tonight highlighted what has been so frustrating all season to me. They finally started showing some good ball movement on offense. That is the first time this season where MT looked like they had a offense. They finally started playing like a team how it appears that those players are capable of playing.

Make no mistake, this wasn't just a hot streak of shooting. They shot well because they finally started taking GOOD shots. How many times have I said in these threads that open shots do not equal good shots? Good shots come off good crisp passing from side to side, by drive & kick, or the extra pass. Good shots come in the flow or "in rhythm" said another way.

If the players can continue to develop and improve that good ball movement and shooting in flow, they could start to win a fair percentage of their games. If they regress to individual play and the ball sticking on offense, it will be back to poor play. I really hope they can learn from this and improve on the good ball movement.

17 assists on 25 made FG’s is a stat line that will win a lot of games. For those that have watched games this year the main difference is that guys made shots- the ball movement in most games has looked similar except for those consistent droughts and then the guys force stuff and don’t let the game come to them..

Won the battle on the boards and only 10 turnovers.. only knock would be the FT %- had it been close that would’ve hurt to go 11 of 17..

I have to disagree with you on ball movement. That was the main difference in the improved play. It was probably the best passing I can remember since CNM has been here. It's how they had the tremendous number of assists and the asst:to. It's what I've been frustrated in not seeing all season, and the last 3 years. They passed side to side, drove the lane then kicked, and made the extra passes. Heck they were even making nice extra interior passes. Shots off that passing in that flow are what makes good shots. It's how to bring up poor shooting %s and increase assists.

It is nice to be able to disagree after a win though.

Reactions: kingaling42
Enjoyed the chance to be at the game today. There was a guy in front of us that bought my sons each a nice souvenir basketball. Total stranger just doing a nice thing. I’ve missed that kind of human contact. Really liked the offensive rhythm. Also liked the short corner/baseline trap out of our zone in the first half. That really bothered Charlotte.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT