ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-1) vs UTSA(2-2) (Blackout Game) (CBSSN), 6:30PM, Friday, September 30, 2022

UTSA offense is very effective, but not creative. We just can’t stop them.

Every play is a 5-10 yard pass that we just can’t defend. Are there no defensive plays to stop that? Seems like we blitz every play and leave single coverage on their receivers. Obviously not working.

I think most/all of us called it, saw this coming.

Yup. I sure as heck hoped we were on to something. But hey, all our goals are still in front of us! Yes, technically true but we had a chance to build some major momentum and good will.

If we don't score on this possession that's it.

Who? You mean all us “idiots.”

Sorry for those of you who were officially out and wasted your time going back. Glad I didn’t cave in and do so.

Y’all take care.
As a fellow "idiot" I'm glad I stayed out too. I didn't want to post my opinion, this week, because there were so many positive vibes that I felt like I was being too negative. Nope.

Reactions: MarJac23
I’m proud of you guys and of me for not posting.
As a fellow "idiot" I'm glad I stayed out too. I didn't want to post my opinion, this week, because there were so many positive vibes that I felt like I was being too negative. Nope.

So disappointing, so unsurprising...

Big difference, they are a Championship program, MT under Stockstill is not, and NEVER will be.

well. This week was fun I guess. Defense is getting manhandled.

Frees up my Saturdays. Stockstill is killing this program.

If we pull this out, the two pick sixes 100% difference maker not because we were the better team.

So disappointing, so unsurprising...

Big difference, they are a Championship program, MT under Stockstill is not, and NEVER will be.

Or what separates men from the boys when it comes to conference championships: doesn't matter if we were in the OVC, Sun Belt, C-USA, or that high fallutin' AAC we aspire, we don't demonstrate that quality when its needed. This last FG is the epitome of why MT has not won an outright championship under this coaching regime. There's really not much difference between 18 and 15 points down in the 4th quarter, might as well try for it to cut deeper and gain momentum. That is lost now.

This game loss essentially ends our ability to control our destiny towards the C-USA title game and we now basically have to win out to make it there. Oh well, at least we had a week of good thoughts and vibes...fun while it lasted.

We can always say "We Compete"! Same song, umpteenth verse.

To be clear there’s a difference between knowing what was probably coming (and looks like it did) and having a fun night regardless of the result. I’m glad I went either way. It was nice to be back and see it all again.

Congrats coach Stockstill. 100 Ls

DSC_9392.jpg

Could've gone better, could've gone worse. Gee. Well. There's in the middle. How bout that.

Too many penalties.
Offensive line..so much for being improved
Our blitz heavy defense is feast or famine, especially with a mobile QB. To much 3-3-5 stack type stuff.
Some really bad play calling in my opinion. Again, playing not to lose.

Could've gone better, could've gone worse. Gee. Well. There's in the middle. How bout that.

Too many penalties.
Offensive line..so much for being improved
Our blitz heavy defense is feast or famine, especially with a mobile QB. To much 3-3-5 stack type stuff.
Some really bad play calling in my opinion. Again, playing not to lose.
The two pick sixes kept the game reasonable and both were due to QB mistake and not because our D was overwhelming.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
The two pick sixes kept the game reasonable and both were due to QB mistake and not because our D was overwhelming.
There was one pick six and that was just a good play by Jordan Branch. The other two picks were also good plays by Decorian Patterson. At least the last one was. There are a lot of things to complain about with this program. Let’s not take good plays away from the players. People can disagree with me, but I thought the interceptions were more good defense than bad decisions by Frank Harris.

I want a new coach just as much as anyone does, but I have all the respect in the world for our players. They go out there and give it all they have every game. Some of them are legit D1 players, and others are not. Our offensive line is just offensive. We didn’t give Chase any time tonight. Change the offensive line and you change the trajectory if this program. Stock needs to be replaced because he won’t do that.

The fact that Floyd was not "filled" at this point should tell those in charge, that the casual fan is not buying any hype whether justified or not. MT has no credibility in trying to hype attendance for a 'big' or 'important' game. Too much water has flowed under that bridge. Nobody is buying what MT football is selling while Stockstill is at the helm.

I want a new coach just as much as anyone does, but I have all the respect in the world for our players. They go out there and give it all they have every game. Some of them are legit D1 players, and others are not. Our offensive line is just offensive. We didn’t give Chase any time tonight. Change the offensive line and you change the trajectory if this program. Stock needs to be replaced because he won’t do that.
Really hits you being in the stands - a lot of our guys just do not look like FBS builds. Compare them to even UTSA and they look outmatched everywhere

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT