ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-1) vs UTSA(2-2) (Blackout Game) (CBSSN), 6:30PM, Friday, September 30, 2022

Games started exactly how I thought it would. We come out flat because of the Miami hangover, and we can't stop their WR's because they are superior.

Gonna be a long day. We are about to get blown out.

Looks like UTSA will be able to name their score tonight. We have no answers for their WR's. None.

And our play calling is terrible tonight on the offensive side. Our receivers cannot beat anybody

Our pressure and run defense are fine. Force them to pass. Problem is as said, their receivers.

That TD though was a fallen defender.

Are people still tailgating and coming in late like TSU? Stands are empty. Except the beer garden of course.

Are people still tailgating and coming in late like TSU? Stands are empty. Except the beer garden of course.

I'm pretty sure our fans have become prophetic in understanding our football program.

After we beat the pants off Georgia Tech as a 24 point underdog almost 10 years ago to the day, we came home to play a conference game against UL-Monroe. Tons of hype surrounding the program, everyone was talking about the dominate win over an ACC program, and you can guess the results of the UL-Monroe game. We lost by double digits and were dominated by the Indians, giving up 500 yards of offense on 27 first downs.

I think our fan base is just traumatized and done. We could beat Alabama or Georgia and I don't think anybody would show up.

I know it's early, but it appears as though Rick is having his usual Amber Heard moment.

I wasn't sure we would see UTSA's punter tonight after the first few series.

So that's a start.

We have got to move the damn chains though. We can put up 45 against Miami and Texas Southern goes for 464 yards and 22 first downs last week against UTSA but we can barely make a first down ?

Make it make sense.

UTSA is crowding the line of scrimmage and giving up nothing short.

You have to be able to run the ball and hit passes down field when a defense does this to loosen them up. If we can't do those things and keep them honest, we have no shot.

Ok, I’ve got to say this after seeing this team in person, and comparing it to the team on the other sideline.

Im sure they are all good kidand smart kids that will graduate and become good fathers and leaders and men - barely a dang one of them passes the eye test and looks like they belong on an FBS college football field, except maybe as part of the band.

They look small, slow, not very athletic, not very skilled.

Lane looks the part, Ferguson aand a couple of DBs don’t look out of place, but the rest of them look a like high school team.

I guess you can always play madden and throw bombs on every play and if the other team is still asleep, we’re golden.

But this is always going to be a game where size, strength and speed matter. I don’t think we’re recruiting or developing it.

Reactions: Hop45
UTSA is crowding the line of scrimmage and giving up nothing short.

You have to be able to run the ball and hit passes down field when a defense does this to loosen them up. If we can't do those things and keep them honest, we have no shot.

And Chase is running for his life for it.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
That's such a big play. That play is worth more than the 6 points it will give us. That will help keep that UTSA defense honest and hopefully open up the playbook for our short game and run game

UTSA always seems to have the right play calls against our defense. We are getting scheme'd up big time.

Shafer not doing a good job tonight

Chase’s arm strength is impressive. Even more impressive with how quick of a release he has.

UTSA 2 men in motion on that play....isn't that a flag?

UTSA receivers continue to dominate.....

Why wasn't UTSA flagged for 2 men in motion on that TD play ?

If our defense can get some stops UTSA is vulnerable to be beaten

Just can't stop them. Guy jumps out and plucks it even though we have 2 defenders draped all over him.

they're just better

Reactions: Hop45
BS call in my book. Stock was pissed too. That's gonna hurt...and it did. Grrrr. In a hole again.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE BULLSHIT TARGETING CALL IN THE HISTORY OF THE FOUL.

WHAT IN THE **** WAS THAT CALL ?

GOOD THING IM HERE AT HOME I WOULD BE ****ING ARRESTED FOR ATTACKING THAT BRAIN DEAD ZOMBIE REF THAT IS TOTAL ****ING HORSE DOG SHIT

THAT IS CRIMINAL CROOKED BULLSHIT WHAT THE **** ARE THEY CALLING NOBODY ****ING GOT ANYWHERE NEAR THE UTSA PLAYERS HEAD

I wonder if they will try to draw us offsides on this 4th down....

here comes a slant to franklin

so pathetic

most obvious shit ever and we just cant stop it

it was obvious all week these receivers would either lose or win the game for UTSA

how do you get shit on like this when you literally know what's coming

and UTSA gets the ball to start the second half

im out. better things to do on a friday night. UTSA gonna name their score tonight.

pathetic

Typical Stockstill led program. UTSA could score 70 or 89 tonight. We have all the momentum in the world for a change and we make a decent G5 program look like Alabama.

This is my shocked face.

Pass, pass, pass, punt. Recipe for a worn out defense that will give up more points. Have to get some sustained drives going to help the D.

ADVERTISEMENT