ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-1) vs UTSA(2-2) (Blackout Game) (CBSSN), 6:30PM, Friday, September 30, 2022

This Miami win and 3-1 record has given me something that I have not felt for MT Football in a long ass time. I’m not going to overthink about what can happen the rest of the season today. I’m proud as FK to be a Blue Raider today, and I am going to bring my army of 8 to the boro tonight. I may go home pissed but as of now my winning attitude is calling for a big win and the continuation of a fantastic season. The kind of season that we can all chirp about and be proud about. If anyone has earned that it’s every crazy fool on this board. Go f-ing Blue

This Miami win and 3-1 record has given me something that I have not felt for MT Football in a long ass time. I’m not going to overthink about what can happen the rest of the season today. I’m proud as FK to be a Blue Raider today, and I am going to bring my army of 8 to the boro tonight. I may go home pissed but as of now my winning attitude is calling for a big win and the continuation of a fantastic season. The kind of season that we can all chirp about and be proud about. If anyone has earned that it’s every crazy fool on this board. Go f-ing Blue
I have this heightened sense of anxiety and nervousness about this game I haven't felt in a long time about football. Win this game and every game that comes after becomes even bigger. This could be the start of something big, something this fan hasn't seen or felt in three decades. This team has the capability to be special and to have a special season that ends in a Championship run. Tonight it can begin that run. I hate to think of the disappointment if they come out flat or fail to win. Go Blue Raiders. Take care of business like you did in south florida.

Hey Sub, good buddy of mine & yours invited me to join you guys tonight. Been a while since our Clemson trip, look forward to seeing you & the crew tonight!

I have this heightened sense of anxiety and nervousness about this game I haven't felt in a long time about football. Win this game and every game that comes after becomes even bigger. This could be the start of something big, something this fan hasn't seen or felt in three decades. This team has the capability to be special and to have a special season that ends in a Championship run. Tonight it can begin that run. I hate to think of the disappointment if they come out flat or fail to win. Go Blue Raiders. Take care of business like you did in south florida.

I feel the same way. After pledging never to spend a dime on anything MT related, I bought a ticket. I'm heading to Florida for work, so I won't be able to make it, but wanted to reward the team/coaches for a job well done vs Miami.

We've been fooled before, and I know that i'm reaching out to touch the hot stove, hoping that this time it won't burn me, but I can't help it. As much as I want Stock gone, I would actually prefer he succeed more.

Well know in about 10 hours if this is the same old Middle.

If we win, we will do something that no other G5 team as really been able to do this year and that's come out and play well after a marquee win. Every G5 team that has had a marquee win lost the following week with the exception of App St and they only won that game because of one of the flukiest hail mary's I've ever seen. They got outplayed and basically lost that game with the exception of that.

Last edited:
Will the curse of following a huge win, big crowds, and national TV continue? I hope not.

I mean this is already our history right? Any amount of enthusiasm. A big home game. Nashville media interest. Fan interest. And what do we do? We always drop a big fat deuce right on the MT logo. It's happened - EVERY - single time. So, my expectations are about as high as a sewer drain.

But if they do pull this off - then what Space said. This season takes on a whole new meaning.

I mean this is already our history right? Any amount of enthusiasm. A big home game. Nashville media interest. Fan interest. And what do we do? We always drop a big fat deuce right on the MT logo. It's happened - EVERY - single time. So, my expectations are about as high as a sewer drain.

But if they do pull this off - then what Space said. This season takes on a whole new meaning.
It does. The possibilities are very exciting BUT we always crap the bed after a big victory. Maybe this time it'll be different and if it is, then I'll be surprised and thrilled.

Question for everyone. Since football season has started posting & interest has really picked up big time here. I just clicked over csnbbs cusa to check activity. Yes there is some activity including for MT, but upon review for last couple of days there's as much if not more interest in Star Wars as there is CUSA athletics. Has csnbbs become an obsolete forum or still a viable communication option. I was thinking of joining, but upon interest may just pass. This could have been separate thread, but thought it probably not important enough.

Reactions: Hop45
Line has settled at 4.5

The public is ALL OVER UTSA with 88% of the money being bet on UTSA minus the points.

Vegas will need the Blue Raiders big time tonight

I just have a hard time seeing us win this one. I think we certainly have the talent, and it could be a close game, but I think the difference will be the UTSA receivers. I don't think people understand how good their WR's are and our DB's really have not been tested this year. Zhakari Franklin is a match up nightmare. Shafer loves to pressure and stay in cover 0 and cover 1 and I think UTSA makes us pay tonight with big down field plays to their receivers.

Team is welcome to prove me wrong but I see UTSA receivers being the difference tonight along with our putrid kick off coverage.

UTSA 31
MT 26

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Question for everyone. Since football season has started posting & interest has really picked up big time here. I just clicked over csnbbs cusa to check activity. Yes there is some activity including for MT, but upon review for last couple of days there's as much if not more interest in Star Wars as there is CUSA athletics. Has csnbbs become an obsolete forum or still a viable communication option. I was thinking of joining, but upon interest may just pass. This could have been separate thread, but thought it probably not important enough.
I think it is fairly active. I am on there here and there. It's worth at least keeping an eye on occasionally

Reactions: MTFAN61
I just have a hard time seeing us win this one. I think we certainly have the talent, and it could be a close game, but I think the difference will be the UTSA receivers. I don't think people understand how good their WR's are and our DB's really have not been tested this year. Zhakari Franklin is a match up nightmare. Shafer loves to pressure and stay in cover 0 and cover 1 and I think UTSA makes us pay tonight with big down field plays to their receivers.

Team is welcome to prove me wrong but I see UTSA receivers being the difference tonight along with our putrid kick off coverage.

UTSA 31
MT 26
I'm more concerned about their QB's running game than his arm, It seems like last year he scrambled for first downs whenever they needed one.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I'm more concerned about their QB's running game than his arm, It seems like last year he scrambled for first downs whenever they needed one.

Also a problem but I like our front 7 to hopefully keep him in check.

We are going to find out tonight if our DB's are really up to the task. Jalen Jackson, Decorian Patterson, Deonte Stanley, Teldrick Ross, Tra Fluellen, and Deidrick Stanley are going to be tested and stressed in man coverage tonight. Decorian Patterson had some really bad games last year and got smoked several times but has admittedly had a better 2022. UTSA is going to test these DB's in man coverage you better believe that they have the best WR's in the conference first play of the game might be a bomb.

I really want to be wrong and I want us to win but those UTSA receivers are so talented. I can't say it enough. I think that and special teams will be the difference. If our DB's win in man coverage and we win on special teams we win this game. That's going to be a very tall task though.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I'm very curious to see how Shafer decides to attack UTSA tonight. Our game plan wasn't terrible last year but our offense couldn't stay on the field so our defense eventually wore down. We had Quincy Riley last year who really helped lock down these receivers (and picked off their QB) which we are missing this year. Shame he left we could really use him tonight.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Blackout shirts with the stranger things font….

8-D7-ADE2-A-C13-A-41-EE-9-F6-C-146-E409-C348-A.jpg

I don’t visit it that much. Reasons I’d rather keep to myself.

We think the gray pants suck too. Disappointed in crowd size so far too.

ADVERTISEMENT