ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee (21-25-1, 10-17-1) vs. FIU (18-28, 9-17), 6PM/1PM (DH)/11AM, Fri/Sat/Sunday, May 14-16, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Friday, May 14 | 6 PM CT | vs. FIU | Graduation Recognition
Saturday, May 15 | 1 PM CT & TBA | vs. FIU (Doubleheader) | Senior Day & Military Appreciation Day
Sunday, May 16 | 11 AM CT | vs. FIU

The fact they could have opened up attendance tonight like everyone else is so “Middle” it hurts. Why are we light years behind in every move we make?...

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I just flew from San Fran to Atlanta round trip on flights with 100% capacity. If we can do that with masks, we could at the very least have open seating with masks. Its outside. Many are vaccinated. It’s insane that MT fans choose their risk tolerance for themselves.

Massaro sucks.

I was thinking about driving over to watch today just to get out and see a ball game and stretch my legs. Does anyone know if walk up seating is first come first serve? With Covid restrictions, 260 (10%) could go quickly.

If I can’t get in there, maybe I’ll walk next door to watch the CUSA Running event prelims start at 3:00pm and field event Finals at 1:00pm. The 100 meters is at 5:00pm
North Texas and UTEP are stacked with sprinters in the 100, 200 and 400 but we have a 400 guy and a high jumper who could win it.

Our 800, 1500 men and women have CUSA top times as well.

LINK: CUSA Track and Field Championships

”The final event of the day was the men’s 10000m, and Middle Tennessee senior Jacob Choge broke the C-USA outdoor championship record in the event with a time of 28:58.29. Choge broke the mark held by TCU’s Herbert Mwangi, who ran the event in 29:43.67 in 2002. Choge also won the event for the first time since 2017. Charlotte’s Nick Scudder took the silver and also broke the C-USA record with a 29:10.04 time. Charlotte’s Paul Arredondo won bronze with a time of 29:52.57.

It is Choge’s ninth C-USA individual title in his career. He won both the mile and the 5000m in the 2021 C-USA Indoor Championships, the 5000m in the 2019 C-USA Outdoor Championships, the 3000m in the 2018 C-USA indoors, the 5000m and the 10000m in the 2017 C-USA outdoors and the 3000m and the 5000m at the 2017 C-USA indoors.

After two days of competition, Rice leads the women’s team standings with 32 points, with Charlotte second with 27 points. On the men’s side, Charlotte is in first place with 38 points, and Rice is in second place with 26 points.”

Last edited:
The people who run things over there are absolutely clueless.
I have no issues with designating the 260 available seats to season ticket holders or BRAA donors. What is insane is keeping Covid restrictions in place to artificially inflate demand. Makes me not even want to make an effort to attend. Especially after all the previous “non-compliance” crap Phil Williams and Tony Franklin hit them with. Now all of a sudden there is a need to restrict attendance after pretty much everything else has opened up? To an outdoor venue??? SMH.

Since some of you are bitching about not being able to go to a BB game I'm just wondering how much money we are losing by not upping the attendance asap after guidelines change:
What would be the normal attendance this late in the season for a weekend series against another .500 club (not a big rival) when we are fighting for the last spot in the conference tournament.
I have no idea, nor do I know what tickets cost.
Could someone put a rough estimate of how much we are losing this weekend by not opening the gates as VU BB and the Preds (and I guess others) have done?

Since some of you are bitching about not being able to go to a BB game I'm just wondering how much money we are losing by not upping the attendance asap after guidelines change:
What would be the normal attendance this late in the season for a weekend series against another .500 club (not a big rival) when we are fighting for the last spot in the conference tournament.
I have no idea, nor do I know what tickets cost.
Could someone put a rough estimate of how much we are losing this weekend by not opening the gates as VU BB and the Preds (and I guess others) have done?
In 2019, during an 18-37 season, we drew 489 against FIU on Saturday, which was in the same spot (last home Saturday game of the season). My guess is with the desire to do anything after COVID restrictions are lifted, with a double header and a beautiful day in the mid-70s, we would probably draw 3x what we are limited to.

Massaro’s decision is not scientifically sound.

In 2019, during an 18-37 season, we drew 489 against FIU on Saturday, which was in the same spot (last home Saturday game of the season). My guess is with the desire to do anything after COVID restrictions are lifted, with a double header and a beautiful day in the mid-70s, we would probably draw 3x what we are limited to.

Massaro’s decision is not scientifically sound.
I haven’t attended a sporting event since the 2019 Cotton Bowl. If anyone else is itching as much as I am to get outside and watch ANY sporting event I would think we could fill the stadium today. I just pulled on to Middle Tennessee Blvd. Guess I’ll find out pretty quickly if they have walled off Greenland Lot and Falkenberry to intruders.😂😂

So you drove up and bought a ticket. I call and get zip. Why do we even have a ticket office.
This is the same ticket office that sold people tickets with section / seat numbers that do not exist to a basketball game and lost the box of will call tickets so they just had us “guess what seats you bought”.

Idiocy trickles down from the top

We lose 11-9 in 12 innings.

Split the series 2-2.

Only 1 game left at Murray State before the CUSA tournament unless we can find a replacement series for Wright State, which canceled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT