ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee (20-17-1, 6-8-1) vs #14 Southern Miss (25-11, 10-4) Series

GAME INFORMATION
Hashtags: #BlueRaiders
Social Media: @MT_Baseball (Twitter) MT_Baseball (Instagram) MTSU Blue Raider Baseball (Facebook)
Broadcast: 100.5/101.9 WGNS & TuneIn App

Date: Friday April 20th | Saturday April 21st | Sunday April 22nd
Time: 6:00 p.m. | 4:00 p.m. | 1:00 p.m.
Match-up: Middle Tennessee (20-17-1, 6-8-1) vs. Southern Miss (25-11, 10-4)

Projected Starting Pitcher:
LHP Jake Wyrick
RHP Carson Lester
TBA

goblueraiders.com:

Blue Raiders hit the road to face No. 14 Southern Miss

USM has now won 14 games in a row over MT baseball. USM owns MT holding a 16-2 series advantage since MT joined CUSA.

I get USM is a top 15 program, but there is no way we should go 4 years against any conference opponent with winning 1 freaking game.

That’s next level non-competitive.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'm not shocked by the sweep; we have 1 or 2 more coming to us before this season ends. I am surprised that we didn't even reach the MT ultimate goal of "competing."

Even though most of us weren't surprised by the sweep, it was USM's first conference series three game sweep of the season...

Wow, WKU has definitely made a jump. Already more conference wins in 2018 than all of 2017.

In 2017, 15-15 was needed to qualify for conference tournament.

This year, we need to finish 8-4 or 9-3 t get near .500 mark. Basically, need to win each of the remaining series.

I don't see us getting 9 wins against the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams in the standings. 5 wins in the last 12 games might even be too much to ask for.

ADVERTISEMENT