ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-6) @ Troy (4-3) (ESPN3), 2:30PM, Saturday, November 21, 2020

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
this post is a work in progress

Pano_Boise_State_Troy_Moseley02.jpg

TROY UNIVERSITY
Founded: 1887 Enrollment: 7,911
Acceptance rate: 91%
Colors: Cardinal, Silver, Black
Nickname: Trojans Mascot: T-Roy
Fight song: "Trojans One and All"
Series: MT leads 12-9
  • In Murfreesboro: MT leads 8-5
  • At Troy: Tied 4-4
  • Last: Troy 47, MT 14 (2020)
Stadium: Veterans Memorial Stadium Capacity: 30,402
Coach: Chip Lindsey (Alabama, 1997)
Record at Troy: 5-7 (2nd year) Overall: 5-7 (2nd)
2019 Record: 5-7 (3-5) 2019 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 18/10 Lettermen R/L: 54/24

Weather Forecast:

Where:
Veterans Memorial Stadium, Troy Alabama

Stadium Policies: 2020 Veterans Memorial Stadium Policies

Television: ESPN3 Announcers: Will Kollmeyer and Ben Stanfield

Watch online: ESPN3

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5/97.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius XM TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio(TuneIn), Video

Live Stats: Stats

Newspapers: Montgomery Advertiser, Troy Messenger

Message Boards: troyfans.com,

Blogs/Podcasts:
TheTrojanWall.com,

Athletic site:
troytrojans.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: Troy, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes:
Troy Game Notes , MT Game Notes,

Roster:
Trojans, Blue Raiders

Depth Chart:

Game Previews:
Looking ahead to MT and Troy, Troy Hosts Middle Tennessee in the Battle for the Palladium; Part Two

Twitter: @TroyTrojansFB, @TroyAthletics, @TrojanWallF5, , , , , @scottwatkinsTU

Hashtags: , , , ,

Facebook:
@TroyTrojansFB

Youtube: ,

Instagram:
TroyAthletics,

Last edited:

I'm old enough to remember when dead tree media sports article weren't so formulaic and sports writers could write interesting pieces on the sports programs they were covering...

I'm old enough to remember when dead tree media sports article weren't so formulaic and sports writers could write interesting pieces on the sports programs they were covering...

I just can't believe the current type of reporting is promoted in journalism schools. The "three things to know", "five things to know" when compared to actual writing is like a fill in the blank or multiple choice test as opposed to a essay test in school. Doesn't take much effort or creativity to come up with the article. This is particularly annoying when the reporter is not up against a deadline and should have time to be more thoughtful and come up with a more interesting article or report (which is most often the case with The Tennessean since it's news is most often a day or more old). (and these reporters all took numerous creative writing classes???)

I'm equally peeved by the "talk to me about" type of interview by the electronic media (Chip Walters is a prime example of this). Using this in an interview tells me the interviewer can't come up with questions to lead the interviewee to give the desired information. Puts the interviewee on the spot to be the creative one in the process which leads to boring interviews with little information.

Reactions: Blue_H and MT Glenn
I just can't believe the current type of reporting is promoted in journalism schools. The "three things to know", "five things to know" when compared to actual writing is like a fill in the blank or multiple choice test as opposed to a essay test in school. Doesn't take much effort or creativity to come up with the article. This is particularly annoying when the reporter is not up against a deadline and should have time to be more thoughtful and come up with a more interesting article or report (which is most often the case with The Tennessean since it's news is most often a day or more old). (and these reporters all took numerous creative writing classes???)

I'm equally peeved by the "talk to me about" type of interview by the electronic media (Chip Walters is a prime example of this). Using this in an interview tells me the interviewer can't come up with questions to lead the interviewee to give the desired information. Puts the interviewee on the spot to be the creative one in the process which leads to boring interviews with little information.
Part of the problem is guys covering the game don't know anything about the game. Seriously.

Some journalists (on a variety of platforms) can't get even the most basic terminology right. One ESPN guy referred to a PAT as a "punt" and later referred to a FG attempt as a "punt."

I appreciate Scott and Chad spearheading the trophy campaign but, under Stockstill, playing Troy is now cringeworthy - as is playing vanderbilt

Reactions: MTTim
Troy (MT leads 12-9)
Year W/L Score Site

1936 W 19-0 H
1937 W 13-0 A
1939 W 14-7 H
1942 W 20-0 H
1946 W 12-0 H
1947 W 41-17 A
1952 W 33-7 H
1953 W 6-0 A
1999 L 31-48 H
2001 W 54-17 H
2003 W 27-20 H
2004 L 17-37 A
2005 W 17-7 A

2006 L 20-21 H
2007 L 7-45 A
2008 L 17-31 H
2009 L 7-31 A
2010 L 13-42 H
2011 L 35-38 A
2012 W 24-21 H
2020 L 47-14 H

At Murfreesboro: 8-5 At Troy: 4-4
CRS record against Troy: 1-7

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: MTLynn and MT Glenn
I appreciate Scott and Chad spearheading the trophy campaign but, under Stockstill, playing Troy is now cringeworthy - as is playing vanderbilt

#laughingStock record against Troy is now 1-7. If the Raiders fulfill expectations and lose again today, the record will be 1-8, which compares well with CRS' record against Vandy (0-4) and the last half dozen against wku (1-5).

If MT athletics was like any other FBS program, CRS would have been gone a good while ago.

Reactions: dukewayne
I keep saying it - we need a complete melt down and failure before there is even a remote chance of change with the football program. I’ll take the remote chance option over no chance. Any sliver of success for the program voids the remote chance of change.

So i appreciate the players and fans, but we need a step back to have a chance to move forward. Let’s lose the rest of the games!

I keep saying it - we need a complete melt down and failure before there is even a remote chance of change with the football program. I’ll take the remote chance option over no chance. Any sliver of success for the program voids the remote chance of change.

So i appreciate the players and fans, but we need a step back to have a chance to move forward. Let’s lose the rest of the games!
It’s sad, but this is where I am as a fan: I think I will be more frustrated with a win than I would be with a loss.

#laughingStock record against Troy is now 1-7. If the Raiders fulfill expectations and lose again today, the record will be 1-8, which compares well with CRS' record against Vandy (0-4) and the last half dozen against wku (1-5).

If MT athletics was like any other FBS program, CRS would have been gone a good while ago.

Don't forget his awesome bowl record of a whopping 2-6.

ADVERTISEMENT