ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (2-3) vs Mississippi (3-0) (CBSSN), 7pm, Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Bigs killed us last night. Number 0 dominated them. Treated them like kids. They need to grow up and play big boy ball. They have muscles, use them. I also thought we played good perimeter defense. Improvement from last year.

Shuler has the heart of a Lion. Glad to have him. This is the type of team that will get better as the year goes on. We are more athletic this year. Look forward to seeing how much we improve.

The problem with the centers is they have had bad touch and make bad decisions. Both get stripped in the paint and make ill-advised passes on a regular basis. They each have more turnovers than field goals. Right now they are offensive liabilities.

The offense looks night and day better when Dishman is at the 5. However then youre relying on a 6'7 guy to be your rim protector and teams like Ole Miss score 48 points in the paint.

I would have to think that if this team doesn't improve in the next few weeks, McDevitt will be squarely on the hot seat. I dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing with how inept our administration seems to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: coachchia
Disappointed in play. We should play them a close game at home. Shot selection was really poor Give ole miss credit for part of that. We’ve got to get it together still way too many turnovers. We willnever win shooting 30%

Reactions: coachchia
With no fans I'm not so sure that there is any real advantage playing at "home".. each game feels more like a neutral site environment.. not an excuse for the dismal shooting just saying it doesn't factor as it normally would.

Hey Althauf! When are we going to get the famous Altshauf report? What is our floor and ceiling?
I am staying out of it. I have guys here I am getting to colleges so my priority has been them. My 6-10 C has committed and my 6-6 SG got his first offer last week. Next is 5 more in the 2022 class. I still follow just as closely as before and lurk a bunch on gomiddle. I have to throttle my opinions now because I don’t want to cost my guys. This team... really just needs to jel, but obviously ceiling not as high as it was in post-Dendy era. Our defense has given me some hope... the last 2 years have been... tough. Definitely the best team CNM has had here. Probably similar caliber to his Teague-led Asheville group. I really like Shuler. Davis and Jordan are solid, but I haven’t seen the things others are seeing. Dishman decent, but a ways to go. If I were to choose 5 guys I had to go to war with on the floor (me personally).
PG Shuler
Wing Jordan
Wing Davis
Stretch Milner
Big Jackson

Reactions: MTLynn and subkyle
What's new? A wanna be coach getting moonwalked by a real coach. Massaro is a genius.

I am staying out of it. I have guys here I am getting to colleges so my priority has been them. My 6-10 C has committed and my 6-6 SG got his first offer last week. Next is 5 more in the 2022 class. I still follow just as closely as before and lurk a bunch on gomiddle. I have to throttle my opinions now because I don’t want to cost my guys. This team... really just needs to jel, but obviously ceiling not as high as it was in post-Dendy era. Our defense has given me some hope... the last 2 years have been... tough. Definitely the best team CNM has had here. Probably similar caliber to his Teague-led Asheville group. I really like Shuler. Davis and Jordan are solid, but I haven’t seen the things others are seeing. Dishman decent, but a ways to go. If I were to choose 5 guys I had to go to war with on the floor (me personally).
PG Shuler
Wing Jordan
Wing Davis
Stretch Milner
Big Jackson

I’ll handle the heavy lifting for you.
McDevitt is clown shoes.
This coaching hire was effed from the moment it began.
Darrin Horn would’ve walked from Austin to Murfreesboro for the job. Didn’t get a phone call.
John Brannen never got a decent look.
The chuckleheads in the athletic department got turned down by Forbes and immediately went to plan X,Y and Z.
Even the guy we were going to hire (Ryan Odom) has been a disappoint since.
We now know that McDevitt’s teams won at Asheville in spite of him and not because of him. And they really didn’t even win at that high of a level.
He’s the second-best coach we’ve hired from Asheville. That’s right, he makes Randy Wiel look like Roy Williams.
He’s going to get canned this year. Not because what’s happening is unacceptable. Leadership no longer cares about winning. He’s going to get fired because he will have to be the blood offering to placate the fans because we can’t afford to fire Stock. But does anyone trust M&M to not bitch the next hire as badly as they botched this one?

If anyone goes back to look at 2018s basketball coaching search thread, our number one concern was our leadership making the right hire. Toonses the driving cat is the conductor of the MT train.

I’ll handle the heavy lifting for you.
McDevitt is clown shoes.
This coaching hire was effed from the moment it began.
Darrin Horn would’ve walked from Austin to Murfreesboro for the job. Didn’t get a phone call.
John Brannen never got a decent look.
The chuckleheads in the athletic department got turned down by Forbes and immediately went to plan X,Y and Z.
Even the guy we were going to hire (Ryan Odom) has been a disappoint since.
We now know that McDevitt’s teams won at Asheville in spite of him and not because of him. And they really didn’t even win at that high of a level.
He’s the second-best coach we’ve hired from Asheville. That’s right, he makes Randy Wiel look like Roy Williams.
He’s going to get canned this year. Not because what’s happening is unacceptable. Leadership no longer cares about winning. He’s going to get fired because he will have to be the blood offering to placate the fans because we can’t afford to fire Stock. But does anyone trust M&M to not bitch the next hire as badly as they botched this one?

ADVERTISEMENT