ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-2, 3-5) @ Charlotte (1-3, 3-5), 2:30PM, Saturday, November 2, 2019

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

980x.jpg

University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Founded: 1946
Enrollment: 28,721 Undergrad 23,284 Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
62%
Colors: Green and White Nickname: 49ers Mascot: Norm the Niner
Fight song: (UNC) Charlotte Fight Song
Series: Middle Tennessee leads, 1-0
Stadium: Jerry Richardson Stadium (15,314)
Head Coach: Will Healy (Richmond, 2008)
Record at CHA: First Year Overall: 13-21 (4th)
2018 Record: 5-7 (4-4) 2018 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 12/10 Lettermen R/L: 40/20

Weather Forecast: Sunny 60°, 0% Precip, 42% Humidity, WSW 4 mph

Where:
Jerry Richardson Stadium, 8701 Phillips Rd, Charlotte, NC 28223

Stadium Policies:

Television:
ESPN3, Bobby Rosinski, Reginald Walker, Libby Clark

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, Murfreesboro – WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM; Lynchburg – WDUC 93.9 FM; Nashville – The Game 102.5 FM/97.5 FM; TuneIn

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Charlotte live stats

Newspapers: Charlotte Observer, ninertimes.com,

Message Boards: Niner Report Paydirt ($), Niner Nation

Blogs: ,

Athletic site:
charlotte49ers.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides:
Charlotte, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: , Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #99), 2019 SBNation MT Preview

Game Notes:
CLT Game Notes, Conference USA Notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: , Charlotte vs. Middle Tennessee Fearless Prediction, Game Preview, Looking ahead to MT and Charlotte, Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs Charlotte 49ers: Preview & Prediction, TV, Radio

Roster:
49ers, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @Charlotte49ers, @CharlotteFTBL, @theobserver, @WFNZ, @Student49erClub, @niner_times, @Trevor_Wilt10, @kathleencook813, @patjames24, @_agent49, ,, , ,,,,,,

Hashtags:
#YOURteam #GOLDstandard #RockSolid #PacktheMine #ninernation #stateofcharlotte, ,,,, #BlueRaiders, #MTvs, ,, #TrueBlue,

Facebook: Charlotte 49ers Football, ,,,,

Youtube:
Charlotte 49ers Athletics, Niner Times, , ,

Instagram:
thecharlotte49ers, , ,

2018 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee vs Charlotte (Homecoming), 2PM, Saturday, October 20, 2018

2017 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee (4-5; 2-3) @ Charlotte (1-8; 1-4) (ESPN3), 1PM, Saturday, November 11, 2017

2016 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee (6-4; 3-3) @ Charlotte (4-6; 3-3) (ESPN3), 1PM, Saturday, November 19, 2016

2015 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee vs Charlotte, Saturday, 6PM, Sept 19, 2015

Last edited:
I’ll be there. Was there in ‘15 as well. Honestly a nice stadium. Just being lower bowl there isn’t a bad seat in the house. Started selling beer this year too. Supposed to be sunny and 60s.

I honestly love playing Charlotte. I know they don’t help the conference any but I have family there and being opposite of Huntington every year I’m no more than 2.5 hours away from seeing MT play every single year.

We got 4 tickets, 4 meal vouchers, and a parking pass for $64 with a promo they were running. Sitting in section right next to MT. Top row so we can lean against the concrete wall.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Charlotte just beat UNT so I bet they will be playing with a lot of confidence. However, I think we have more given our beatdown of FIU. I feel good about this one... hope we don't let our momentum slip away!

To be honest, I think if MT didn't get the first possession of the second half to score to go ahead when the monsoon hit in the third quarter, that game outcome might have different. FIU had scored late to go ahead in the first half. If they had had the first possession of the second half, I think the whole complexion of the game changes, especially if they score to extend the lead. Playing from ahead for MT in that downpour was huge.

The win over fiu was great, but I don't think we can take all that much from it, at this point.

To be honest, I think if MT didn't get the first possession of the second half to score to go ahead when the monsoon hit in the third quarter, that game outcome might have different. FIU had scored late to go ahead in the first half. If they had had the first possession of the second half, I think the whole complexion of the game changes, especially if they score to extend the lead. Playing from ahead for MT in that downpour was huge.

The win over fiu was great, but I don't think we can take all that much from it, at this point.
WKU will convince me this was not an anomaly.
LaTech, So. Miss and UAB are the real contenders in CUSA.

WKU will convince me this was not an anomaly.
LaTech, So. Miss and UAB are the real contenders in CUSA.

MT should be favorites with rice and odu, it would be nice to roll off of I-65 into BG 6-5 and not feeling the pressure/question of bowl eligibility. But a loss to wku would mean being 1-4 the last five years against the toppers and just magnify the problem surrounding this coach and program.

I think MT can beat all four left on the schedule and they really need to do it and get a bowl win as well.

Not to get ahead of the Charlotte game. Charlotte coach is a sharp, young, aggressive coach and Stock is, well, Stock. Healy is making inroads for Charlotte and picking FBS recruits out of the midstate. Stock needs to win this game for multiple reasons, one of the foremost reasons is recruiting and owning the W & Ls against Healy and stopping the recruiting success in the midstate of that young coach.

MT should be favorites with rice and odu, it would be nice to roll off of I-65 into BG 6-5 and not feeling the pressure/question of bowl eligibility. But a loss to wku would mean being 1-4 the last five years against the toppers and just magnify the problem surrounding this coach and program.

I think MT can beat all four left on the schedule and they really need to do it and get a bowl win as well.

I’m also tempted to make that drive to BG but the last time I did, it was 52-14 at halftime and Stock was standing by himself pouting at the far end of the bench away from our Visitors section. I didn’t go back in 2017.

Not to get ahead of the Charlotte game. Charlotte coach is a sharp, young, aggressive coach and Stock is, well, Stock. Healy is making inroads for Charlotte and picking FBS recruits out of the midstate. Stock needs to win this game for multiple reasons, one of the foremost reasons is recruiting and owning the W & Ls against Healy and stopping the recruiting success in the midstate of that young coach.
For some reason, I have this recurring bad mental image of Stock or West going head to head with Healy in a recruit’s living room.

So far, we play like crap on the road. I can easily see us dropping this one. It will really come down to how well we limit Renoylds and LeMay. Their D is whatever. If we can run a bit, the field will open up. It will be another even matchup. If we win it, we can win out. Charlotte is hit and miss. They could come into this game not as focused after gutting out a big win for them. Who knows? It's about how bad we want it. What sucks is that we were a blocked punt from being 4-4 and still deep in the east race. arrrrrgh.

To be honest, I think if MT didn't get the first possession of the second half to score to go ahead when the monsoon hit in the third quarter, that game outcome might have different
FIU lost 4 fumbles. MT lost 0.

When teams are fairly equal, winning the turnover battle typically wins the game.

Last edited:
The fact that we had no fumbles in a monsoon is pretty astonishing to me. Those fumbles were definitely forced too. To be honest, they were not prepared for the rain and we were. We practiced in the rain the day before and they must not have. We were just ready for the rain. It felt like we had a run package designed for the weather when it came. FIU kept trying to pass in a car wash. It wouldn't have mattered who had the ball first. FIU was not ready for the water.

Last edited:
excerpt:

...Middle Tennessee finally stopped their losing skid at 2 games by picking up a win over Florida International. However, the Blue Raiders did not just win the game the Blue Raiders blew the doors off of the Panthers 50-17. The win allowed the Blue Raiders to bring their record to a 3-5 overall and 2-2 in conference play.

This season the Blue Raiders offense has ended up scoring at a clip of 25.5 points a game. The offense has thrown the ball for 227 yards a game and run the ball for 180 yards a game. The defense for the Blue Raiders is giving up 30.8 points per game. The Middle Tennessee team has given up 269 yards a game in the air and 205 yards a game on the ground.

Charlotte is heading in the game here after picking up a 1 point victory over North Texas. The win was a challenge for the 49ers, but it still counted as a win. The 49ers win did bring them to a 3-6 record overall. However, the 49ers did pick up their first win in conference play to give them a 1-3 record in the conference.

The 49ers on the year have been able to score at a clip of 31.9 points a game. The 49ers have ended up getting a passing game for 209 yards a game, but the rushing offense has been able to get 206 yards a game. The 49ers defense has given up 39.3 points a game on the year. With the passing defense the team has given up 221 yards a game in the air and allowed 200 yards a game on the ground.

The 49ers are playing decent and proved the 49ers can win the games that are close. The problem is the Blue Raiders are a team that has been able to improve gradually and had a decent outing in the last game against Florida International. Look for the 49ers, though, to play better in the game and bring home a strong win. Final Score Prediction, Charlotte 49ers win and cover 35-28.....

CRS on his radio show said there will be 19 players not able to play Saturday that MT started the season with.

that is because Stock continues to go after undersized players nobody else wants them pack muscle n to them over time. This puts more stress on their joints and then they are hurt.

that is because Stock continues to go after undersized players nobody else wants them pack muscle n to them over time. This puts more stress on their joints and then they are hurt.
Boots always took LB's, put weight on them, and moved them to DL.

Heck, Calico was an outside linebacker as a freshman before McCollum moved him to WR. Calico might have had more success if he had stayed on defense.

Last edited:
http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/

injury report:

Charlotte
Date Pos Player Injury Status
10/27/19 LB Jeff Gemmell Ankle is "?" Saturday vs Middle Tennessee
10/27/19 DB Marquavis Gibbs Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs Middle Tennessee
10/27/19 DE Tyriq Harris Back is "?" Saturday vs Middle Tennessee
09/21/19 QB Evan Shirreffs Shoulder is out indefinitely
09/19/19 DB Ben DeLuca Shoulder is out for season
08/10/19 WR Rico Arnold Foot is out for season

Middle Tenn St
Date Pos Player Injury Status
10/25/19 S Reed Blankenship Ankle is out for season

(I wonder where the hell the other 18 injured players are)

Reactions: MT Glenn
That is what you sometimes need to do to get players that have the ability at this level. Getting them on the right diet and weightlifting program is easier than giving them the ability to play. We had a D-lineman come in at 240 and left at over 300 lbs. and a 5th round draft pick on his graduation day a few years back. His name I cannot remember although I should.

That is what you sometimes need to do to get players that have the ability at this level. Getting them on the right diet and weightlifting program is easier than giving them the ability to play. We had a D-lineman come in at 240 and left at over 300 lbs. and a 5th round draft pick on his graduation day a few years back. His name I cannot remember although I should.

Was that Jimmy Staten?

Someone else was watching the Waterboy this week too. Weird way of promoting our game though.

ADVERTISEMENT