ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (18-9, 10-5) vs. WKU (20-6, 12-3), 5PM, Saturday, February 29, 2020

Gutsy win for the Lady Raiders. They were down to their last five players with four fouling out. We had guards guarding the WKU post players out of necessity but with the chips on the table, the Lady Raiders dug deep and found a way. One of the better team wins I have seen, especially when the deck seemed stacked against them.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Were the refs just that bad? How many did WKU have that fouled out?

wku had two foul out very late in the game, in the last overtime.

MT had both Savage and Whitson foul out in third quarter. Savage only played 16 minutes.

Rellah Boothe fouled out in the first OT, iirc, and Sutton early in the second OT.

Officials were really bad, maybe a half dozen or more stoppages to look at video. That may have helped our players rest since bench options were limited pretty quickly into the second half.

Last edited:
What a huge team win. Impressive given how limited the team was with all 5 available players on the court at the end

Very entertaining game. Really showed me something with how we won playing a Riverdale high school team with the addition of Turner. Just wish we had a little more height on the perimeter and at least one of the guards had a good mid-range game. We have trouble getting the ball through a trap because of our lack of height. With what we have coming back next year along with those we have already signed it would be good if we could sign just one big guard who makes an impact.
There have been several instances I have seen this year (including Sat.) when this team more than most Insell coached squads has turnovers caused by either bad passes or failure to meet the ball. Frustrating when I watch. I've never accused Insell of the failure to teach fundamentals. (too much coaching by the Hayes dad?)

Very entertaining game. Really showed me something with how we won playing a Riverdale high school team with the addition of Turner. Just wish we had a little more height on the perimeter and at least one of the guards had a good mid-range game. We have trouble getting the ball through a trap because of our lack of height. With what we have coming back next year along with those we have already signed it would be good if we could sign just one big guard who makes an impact.
There have been several instances I have seen this year (including Sat.) when this team more than most Insell coached squads has turnovers caused by either bad passes or failure to meet the ball. Frustrating when I watch. I've never accused Insell of the failure to teach fundamentals. (too much coaching by the Hayes dad?)

Maybe it's just time for Insell to retire and let his son take over? Maybe the team wouldn't of lost the entire front court before the season started.

ADVERTISEMENT