ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (13-7, 6-3) @ #21 FAU (19-1, 9-0), 6PM, Thursday, January 26, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 30,377
Arena: FAU Arena (2,980)
Colors: Blue & Red Nickname: Owls
Head Coach: Dusty May
Record at School: 66-56 (5th Season) Career Record: 66-56 ( 5th Season)
2021-22 Record: 19-15, 11-7 2021-22 Finish: 3rd C-USA East 2021-22 Postseason: CBI First Round
Starters R/L: 4/1 Letterwinners R/L: 9/2

Last edited:
No predictions here on the outcome, but our confidence & depth has never been better this year. Really like Coleman-Jones athleticism & size on the court. On his break away dunk against Tech didn't know he had such good ball handling skills.

Raiders jump a whopping 13 spots in Net Rankings. From #120 to #107

A road win against a ranked team is the type of win that can get you a bid outside of winning the conference. What a wonderful opportunity.
No chance in MTSU receiving an at-large bid this year, maybe if they run the table the rest of the way until the final game.. but even then with a couple of quad 4 losses I just don't see it.. that said it is a wonderful opportunity to show continue growth and toughness away from home.

No chance in MTSU receiving an at-large bid this year, maybe if they run the table the rest of the way until the final game.. but even then with a couple of quad 4 losses I just don't see it.. that said it is a wonderful opportunity to show continue growth and toughness away from home.

Agreed, such a thin margin of error for historically 1 bid leagues. But, thoughts on a potential NIT bid? A road win against a ranked opponent certainly helps.

How did fau all of the sudden get so good? Overrated or legit?
Vladislav Goldin, a 7' 1" 240 pound Texas Tech transfer, is the major reason for the improvement, in my opinion.

Coleman-Jones & Elias King are finding their groove within the team. Their size & speed is playing a big role in team getting better the last couple weeks. We will be competitive in Boca Raton tonight

Coleman-Jones & Elias King are finding their groove within the team. Their size & speed is playing a big role in team getting better the last couple weeks. We will be competitive in Boca Raton tonight

I agree; I'm excited to see how we match up. Haven't watched FAU much this year

I've thought that an element that has helped with the recent wins is that the other players are joining Lenard in defending the rim better with attempts to block or alter opponents shots in the interior. I haven't even looked at any stats to try to support this, but they seem to be swarming better in the paint. Keep that up, and stop fouling 3pt shooters will be helpful.

3pt shooting, I'm not sure the Raiders are focusing on ball movement for better 3pt% recently. At LaTech, it seemed like a combo of LaTech backing off the 3pt line, confidence and a hot streak. If MT shoots below 30% from downtown vs FAU, it will likely be a long night. If MT can shoot above 30% from downtown tonight, they just might make a good game of it.

LaTech had done what a lot of other teams have done in baiting MT to shoot 3s. A lot of the time, it has worked out for opponents when they have done that. FAU watching tape of MT vs LaTech just might mean FAU has to put more focus on defending the perimeter. Either way, it should be interesting to see how this dynamic plays out. If opponents have to defend the perimeter better, it really opens up the interior game and driving the rack.

Reactions: MTsumner92
We have not played good at all, but FAU is a very good team. They don’t beat themselves and can flat out shoot.

ADVERTISEMENT