ADVERTISEMENT

Middle Tennessee (12-9, 5-3) @ UTEP (13-7, 5-3), Saturday 8PM

Re: Middle Tennessee @ UTEP, Saturday 8PM

excerpt:

...Middle Tennessee, which was giving opponents an average of just 60.9 points a game, got toasted for 83. The Blue Raiders had not given up as many as 75 points all season ... and got toasted for 83.

The reason?

UTEP made 22-of-44 from the field, an other-worldly 12-of-16 from trifecta range and 27-of-34 freebies. That 75 percent from beyond the arc was a school record ... the best since the Miners connected on 69.2 percent against Auburn on Christmas Day, 2012.

The shots were dropping and it was looking good.

"We made every shot," said UTEP coach Tim Floyd, only slightly exaggerating. "If we could have taken one of those 3-pointers and given it to us at Western Kentucky (when they were 0-for-17 from long distance), we could have won.....

This post was edited on 2/1 4:26 AM by SpaceRaider

Miners' accuracy seals MT's fate with 83-70 win

I didn't see this game just going by what I saw against UTSA...we over play on D - this enables teams to get wide open shots and lots of FT opps if we are not under control.

Or maybe UTEP was just hot, sometimes teams just hit there shots. I think this road trip has brought us back down to earth a bit.

I'm not upset about this loss at all. With UTEP's hot shootong and the refs bending us over time and time again, I'm happy we kept it that close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT