LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (10-6, 2-2) vs FAU (8-7, 2-2), 6:30PM, Thursday, January 16, 2020

Discussion in 'The Lady Raider Roundup' started by SpaceRaider, Jan 15, 2020.

1. SpaceRaider

SpaceRaider Moderator
    Expand Collapse

2. MTOleBlue

MTOleBlue All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Rellah Boothe could see game action by next week per the radio

SpaceRaider likes this.
  3. TruBluCop

Expand Collapse

Would give us some relief with a short bench. She just needs to work herself back into shape this year and be ready to go next year.

4. crassyblue

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

At this point, if they could save a year of eligibility, why would they play her? She may also want to play.

5. crassyblue

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

.... also, I just wanted to mention that at last nights game she wasn't limping. At the first Public Open Practice, she was limping noticeably. I thought it was optimistic at the time for her to play before Christmas.

6. MTBig Blue

MTBig Blue All American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I was told 2 weeks ago by a pretty reliable source that she has quit the team.

7. Blue Raider Lightning

Expand Collapse

I am not sure what options are available to her but she has already sat out a year. She signed with Texas out of HS, then transferred to a JUCO. Instead of playing her sophomore year, she tore her ACL and didn't play last year. The roster says she took a redshirt year, so she came to Middle with 3 years of eligibility left.

I assume she could still get a medical redshirt but since they desperately need help inside, they may use what's left of her sophomore year to start getting her back in shape. Sitting out two full seasons back to back is tough. If she is gonna throw in the towel, might as well figure it out with time to replace her scholarship with a new player, rather than strapping the team with a lost roster spot at the last minute as we have seen this year.

8. MTOleBlue

MTOleBlue All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Your source is incorrect. She was on the bench on Thursday though not dressed out, and could see action next week per official team radio