ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (10-6, 2-2) vs FAU (8-7, 2-2), 6:30PM, Thursday, January 16, 2020

At this point, if they could save a year of eligibility, why would they play her? She may also want to play.

.... also, I just wanted to mention that at last nights game she wasn't limping. At the first Public Open Practice, she was limping noticeably. I thought it was optimistic at the time for her to play before Christmas.

At this point, if they could save a year of eligibility, why would they play her? She may also want to play.

I am not sure what options are available to her but she has already sat out a year. She signed with Texas out of HS, then transferred to a JUCO. Instead of playing her sophomore year, she tore her ACL and didn't play last year. The roster says she took a redshirt year, so she came to Middle with 3 years of eligibility left.

I assume she could still get a medical redshirt but since they desperately need help inside, they may use what's left of her sophomore year to start getting her back in shape. Sitting out two full seasons back to back is tough. If she is gonna throw in the towel, might as well figure it out with time to replace her scholarship with a new player, rather than strapping the team with a lost roster spot at the last minute as we have seen this year.

I was told 2 weeks ago by a pretty reliable source that she has quit the team.
Your source is incorrect. She was on the bench on Thursday though not dressed out, and could see action next week per official team radio

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT