ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-4; 1-2) vs North Texas (1-3; 0-2) (Stadium), 4PM, Saturday, October 17, 2020

2 words....Outside running. UNT's D is worse than ours in stopping the run. Just run to the outside and that sets up the QB draw run. I hope we also fake the handoff to Mobley and throw screens and hitches to him because UNT won't stop that.

I also think Pierce, Ali, Chissholm will have a field day with their secondary.

SMH...

"Despite their 1-4 record, I think this team has plenty of strengths."

1-4 teams aren't in the habit of having "plenty of strengths." That's why they are 1-4.

And it doesn't take a professional to see it. MT's offensive line is - and has been - horrendous. In 5 games, MT's RBs have a total of ~360 yards rushing. In 12 games in 2019, MT's RBs combined for a grand total of ~900 yards rushing. To be sure, part of the problem is RB development, but when your QB spends half the game running for his life while carrying the offense on his back, it's a sign the OL needs some work.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I think the first part is correct - many folks outside of the program just aren’t sure what the expectations can be or should be.

I think this program could be a sleeping giant - but awakening that giant would take more than a coaching change. Hell, I think if given enough $, Stock could do it.

It’s going to take a total commitment to facility upgrades and marketing in the mid-state. But when someone figures this out, I think it could be big.
I can remember a nice fall afternoon in 01 where 23k packed a stadium to play Idaho. The offense went gang busters and there was a lot of interest in the program. We kicked off that season slamming Vandy and lost to NT to finish 8-3 and no bowl bid. However, people felt like the program was moving forward.

I can remember a nice fall afternoon in 01 where 23k packed a stadium to play Idaho. The offense went gang busters and there was a lot of interest in the program. We kicked off that season slamming Vandy and lost to NT to finish 8-3 and no bowl bid. However, people felt like the program was moving forward.
I remember when going to MT games was something to do in the Boro...when the product on the field warranted sacrificing your Saturday afternoon dragging family and friends to the game with 20k.

Now, going to MT games is like that red stuff you eat at thanksgiving. You don't know why it's there or why you eat it, but you do. One bite quickly reminds you why you avoided it the previous year.

Last edited:
2 words....Outside running. UNT's D is worse than ours in stopping the run. Just run to the outside and that sets up the QB draw run. I hope we also fake the handoff to Mobley and throw screens and hitches to him because UNT won't stop that.

I also think Pierce, Ali, Chissholm will have a field day with their secondary.
Basically, everything I've said has come to fruition.

These are 2 bad football teams.

These are 2 evenly matched teams.

Being resolved that our team sucks actually frees us up to enjoy the fact this game could go either way.

It’s like watching my twin nephew’s 5 year old Tiny Mites team not keep score in a scrimmage and every play seems to be a TD or turnover. It’s kind of enjoyable to watch when you can frame this game like that instead of a “FBS” game. Maybe Stock buys the entire team pizza after the game and they watch the varsity teams (bama -UGA) play.

Wow - did you see on tv at the start of the 4th quarter? MAYBE 500 people in the stands.

What a shit show. Been outscored 42-7. We Made absolutely no adjustments halftime.

I would pull all offers so far this year, go into the portal and recruit my ass off getting P5 transfers since they will be eligible this January. makes no sense to be this bad in the trenches and at LB.

$800K well spent! When does someone have enough money to just step away and enjoy what they have? It’s not the blue collars, who donate for that salary, that are truly passionate

$800K well spent! When does someone have enough money to just step away and enjoy what they have? It’s not the blue collars, who donate for that salary, that are truly passionate

It's actually a lot more than that.

760+ yards for UNT. Schaffer should be fired tonight.

Stock should resign before being fired for disgracing himself, his team, and the university.

760+ yards for UNT. Schaffer should be fired tonight.

Stock should resign before being fired for disgracing himself, his team, and the university.

No one is resigning and no one will be fired. The whole operation is complacent

Three 100 yard rushers and 462 rushing as a team. Worst I’ve ever seen in conference. They averaged almost 10 yards a carry.....

They all need to retire. UNT basically played the football version of a box in one. They played zone all night and put a spy on Asher leaving them with one less defender in the pass game and Tony still couldn’t figure out how to get anything in the pass game. Well, that had a lot to do with the fact that even though UNT only rushed three or four the entire game they spent about as much time in our backfield as our backs did. There isn’t a single unit on this team that plays at an above average level. Maybe Asher but it’s hard to tell if he’s actually good or not because he doesn’t have any help. But no one else. The lines, the receivers, the LBs, the secondary, the kicking game...not one of them plays at a high level. This team is literally less talented than from MT’s first I-A season played with a bunch of I-AA players back in 1998 that went 3-8. That team could beat this one.

Reactions: Hop45
No. Wrong again. Even our defense is worse than North Texas. I don't think there is any question we are the worst team in America.
I wrote that in the first half. the 2nd half was complete self destruction.

Well, we do need to keep losing to have a change made so that's a good thing I guess. If we don't win another game, we can get changes made faster. If no changes are made at end of season, then next year will be more of the same and then it gets harder to not make a change. Basically, we need to lose every game from now til he and staff are fired. Charlotte and Rice is gonna roast us. Then it's Marshall, Troy and FAU. No more wins there.

No one is calling in. No one cares other than us message board slappys

Last edited:
Reactions: Hop45
No one is calling in. No one cares other than us messages board slappys

They did get or allow one call to get on while I was listening. 'Michael' talked about the apathy of the fan base. You can find his comments at 2:19:20 of the second half podcast linked in another comment below/

Last edited:
Reactions: arg3b

EknrcZ7XEAEXsu0

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT