ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-3; 0-2) vs Marshall (2-2; 0-0), Stadium, 6PM, Saturday, October 2, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

DqJ38LMW4AEKQke

Marshall University
Founded: 1837
Enrollment: 13,204 Undergrad 9,593 Postgrad 3,611
Acceptance rate: 76.5% (2014)
Colors: White, Kelly green Nickname: The Thundering Herd Mascot: Marco
Fight song: "Sons of Marshall"
Series: Marshall leads 5-4
Stadium: Joan C. Edwards Stadium
Head Coach: Charles Huff (Hampton, 2005)
Record at Marshall: 0-0 (1st) Overall: Same
2020 Record: 7-3 (4-1) 2020 Bowl: Camellia
Starters Ret./Lost: 16/10 Lettermen R/L: 48/22

Weather Forecast: 84°/68°, Mostly Cloudy, Precipitation: 20%, Humidity: 64%, Wind: 10 mph

Where: Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, Capacity (30,788), 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies (prohibited items): Bag Policy - All bags will be checked prior to stadium entrance. Clear bags 12" x 6" x 12" inches and smaller will be allowed into the stadium. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Ticket Notes: The main ticket office is located at Gate 1A and will be open at 2:00 p.m. to facilitate ticketing issue and operate Will Call.

Television: STADIUM Play-by-play - Chris Hassel, Analyst - Sed Bonner

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5/97.5 (Nashville), Varsity Network

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Herald Dispatch, Beckley Register Herald, Charleston GazetteMail, Marshall Parthenon, wvmetronews,

Message Boards:
HerdNation, Herd Fans, HerdHaven, , , , , , ,

Blogs: Marshall Sports (The Herdzone blog), Inside Marshall Sports (wv gazette), The Stampede,

Athletic site:
Herdzone.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: Marshall year book, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Marshall Football: 2021 Thundering Herd Season Preview and Prediction, Marshall Thundering Herd: CFN College Football Preview 2021, , ,

Game Notes:
Marshall game notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: Marshall vs. Middle Tennessee College Football Odds, Plays and Insights, , , ,

Roster:
Thundering Herd, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @HerdZone, @HerdFB, @HerdEquipment, @HerdCotton, , , @heralddispatch, @HerdNation, @GrantTraylor, @GaryFauber, @DaveWilsonMN, @Chuckonsports, @dougsmock, @LukeCreasy, @MoonShineTD, @herdnews12, @BarstoolMU, @HerdThoughts, @RWiththeherd, @bigspanks, @notmarshallu,

Hashtags:
#HerdNation, #WeAreMarshall, #WePlayForChampionships, #Stampede16, #MarshallToTheAAC, #OneHerd, #HerdFamily, #YourBestYou, #MTvsHERD

Facebook: MU Football, Marshall University Athletics,

Youtube:
MU Herdzone,, , ,

Instagram: Herdzone,

2020 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (2-5; 2-3) @ #16 Marshall (6-0; 3-0) (CBSSN), 11AM, Saturday, November 14, 2020

2019 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (1-3) vs Marshall (2-2), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 5, 2019

2018 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee(2-2, 1-0) @ Marshall (3-1, 1-0), CBSSN, 6:30PM, Friday, October 5, 2018

2017 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee(3-4, 1-2) vs Marshall(5-1, 2-0)(ESPN2), 6PM, Friday, October 20, 2017

2016 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee(6-3, 3-2) @ Marshall(2-7, 1-4)(ASN), 6PM, Saturday, November 12, 2016

2015 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee vs Marshall, 2:30PM, Saturday, November 7

Last edited:
Amazingly, CRS is 4-4 against Marshall with the Herd having superior talent and coaching each year

Marshall (MU leads 6-4)
Year W/L Score Site

1992 L 35-21 A
1994 L 49-14 A

2013 W 51-49 H
2014 L 49-24 A
2015 W 27-24 (3OT) H
2016 L 42-17 A
2017 L 38-10 H
2018 W 34-24 A
2019 W 24-13 H
2020 L 42-14 A

At Murfreesboro: 3-1 At Huntington: 1-5

I think its the Blackout game as well, we have had some crazy games when Marshall is in town for the Blackout.

Why would anyone even go to this game? We are eliminated from conference play

Why would anyone even go to this game? We are eliminated from conference play
Because the other (unmentionable) school I cheer for during football season kicks off at 11:00am in Philly. I have nothing else going on and so I figured I might make the drive over, luck up and see Stock catch lightning in a bottle. If we’re out of it by halftime, I’ve still got time to get home and catch most of Auburn/LSU. 😎

Looks like they still to not give them to Season Ticket Holders. They did for many years and then stopped. Yet another blunder if so.

Because the other (unmentionable) school I cheer for during football season kicks off at 11:00am in Philly. I have nothing else going on and so I figured I might make the drive over, luck up and see Stock catch lightning in a bottle. If we’re out of it by halftime, I’ve still got time to get home and catch most of Auburn/LSU. 😎

Please wear a paper bag on your head. Cut some holes out so you can see/breath obviously.

But please wear one. Pretty please. Paper bags on the head should be a requirement to attend this game.

I will order anyone here said paper bags via amazon prime to your front door if you'll wear them to the game. You can pass out the extra's to others at the game and encourage them to wear as well.

Please wear a paper bag on your head. Cut some holes out so you can see/breath obviously.

But please wear one. Pretty please. Paper bags on the head should be a requirement to attend this game.

I will order anyone here said paper bags via amazon prime to your front door if you'll wear them to the game. You can pass out the extra's to others at the game and encourage them to wear as well.
I can’t do that Wiley. Not in front of the players or their families. I’d have no problem doing it in front of M & M or the coaches but not the players.

I can’t do that Wiley. Not in front of the players or their families. I’d have no problem doing it in front of M & M or the coaches but not the players.

It's unfortunate the players are caught up in this situation. Not their fault, and I feel bad for them. Life is unfair sometimes.

If we as fans continue the status quo and continue to do what we've done for the last 16 years under Stock, then why would leadership see a need to deviate from the status quo? If you are still going to buy tickets and go to the games, then why fire Stockstill and pay that huge buyout?

It all needs to be burned to the ground. Hell has to be raised. What's happening with our football and basketball program is unspeakably unacceptable.

And I hate to say it, but those of you still donating and buying tickets to the games, you're part of the problem too. I understand you want to support the players, that you have school pride, that you've bought tickets and gone to games for decades, etc......but it's time man. It's time to burn it all to the ground.

*Not attacking you personally Franklin. I appreciate and love all my Blue Raider Brethren. I just hate the idea of supporting this coaching staff and administration. Even if it means the players having to suffer.

Last edited:
It's unfortunate the players are caught up in this situation. Not their fault, and I feel bad for them. Life is unfair sometimes.

If we as fans continue the status quo and continue to do what we've done for the last 16 years under Stock, then why would leadership see a need to deviate from the status quo? If you are still going to buy tickets and go to the games, then why fire Stockstill and pay that huge buyout?

It all needs to be burned to the ground. Hell has to be raised. What's happening with our football and basketball program is unspeakably unacceptable.

And I hate to say it, but those of you still donating and buying tickets to the games, you're part of the problem too. I understand you want to support the players, that you have school pride, that you've bought tickets and gone to games for decades, etc......but it's time man. It's time to burn it all to the ground.

*Not attacking you personally Franklin. I appreciate and love all my Blue Raider Brethren. I just hate the idea of supporting this coaching staff and administration. Even if it means the players having to suffer.
No offense taken. 😉

Guidry’s DL and LB’s are gonna lay their ears back. I’ll say a prayer for Chance this week.
Like they did vs. ECU? That D can be pourus. Charlotte is a decent team. They do have a P5 win. Marshall doesn't. Not saying the Charlotte has a better D but Marshall has allowed 73 points in their last 2 games. UTSA is a way better complete team and Chase did drop points on em at some point. They should smoke us though. The west is keeping the title this year.

I'm glad the game is on a channel which most people don't have, including myself. The less people that see a blowout, the better.

Speaking of viewings, anyone have info on viewership for the previous games?

Marshall is #4 in total offense in the country.

High flying offense, great QB, big time RB Rasheen Ali averaging 6 YPC this year!

Hard to imagine Marshall punting much, and I'm telling you their front 7 is a bunch of grown men on defense. They gave up points to App St & ECU but I'm not so sure we will be able to find that same success.

They look bigger, stronger, and faster across the board. I just don't see this as much of a game unless our defense can find a way to slow them down.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Marshall is #4 in total offense in the country.

High flying offense, great QB, big time RB Rasheen Ali averaging 6 YPC this year!

Hard to imagine Marshall punting much, and I'm telling you their front 7 is a bunch of grown men on defense. They gave up points to App St & ECU but I'm not so sure we will be able to find that same success.

They look bigger, stronger, and faster across the board. I just don't see this as much of a game unless our defense can find a way to slow them down.

Generally you want to be able to have some kind of a running game to sustain drives and keep the ball out of the hands of a high powered offense's hands. We don't have a running game. Haven't had one in 5 years.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT