ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (1-2) vs ut-Chattanooga (3-0), 6PM, Monday, December 7, 2020

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Date: December 7, 2020
Time: 6:00 PM CT
Arena: Murphy Center
Series Record: UTC leads 33-32, 66th meeting, Home: 23-9, Away: 9-22, Neutral: 0-2

Chattanooga Mocs (3-0, 0-0)
Head Coach: Lamont Paris Record at UTC: 45-56 (4th Season) Overall Record: same

TV: C-USA TV Talent: N/A
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn) Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)
WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM; The Game 2 94.9 FM/95.1 FM TuneIn

LIVE VIDEO
LIVE STATS

Last edited:
Didn't we recruit Doomes of UTC hard out of high school? He was a pretty high-profile guy and, IIRC, he signed with WVU.

This team is improved, they just do not know how to win. I’m not sure if they can figure it out.

If we could get to the line and hit free throws, we win this game. I didn’t see it, only listened, but this team feels like if they could put it together we would get the Murray St performance.

This is CNM’s make or break time to help the team figure this out.

Can't have high expectations and lose at home to another in-state $#&-major. Just can't!

Both the M & W lost their games at the foul line. The LRs because they couldn't hit them. The men because of a huge free throw attempt discrepancy. Shouldn't have such a discrepancy at home but there isn't much of a home court advantage with no crowd. McDevitt was correct when he stated in the post game interview that Chattanooga was the aggressor throughout the game which sent them to the foul line more often. Again, with a crowd wouldn't the home team be more inspired.

One thing I noticed last night which wasn't as obvious in the Murray game was that several of the players consistently played "out of control". The staff must encourage players to "play within themselves" and not try to do too much on their own. Too many unforced turnovers, bad shot selection, and offensive fouls. Correctable

As for USAtv: Must say it's much better than I remembered the last time I subscribed. Of course; only one camera and no graphics to give score, time, and shot clock and if you want pre or post game you have to go somewhere other than the video presentation.

Tough loss. Have to play defense without fouling.

You can tell CNM is trying to find his rotation. I could be wrong, but I don't remember hearing Sims name called very often in the 2nd half. Thought that was interesting.

Millner-Criss is getting better every game. If he continues to shoot lights out, he can really stretch the floor for us on the offensive end.

Lastly, I really enjoy KT's color commentary during the game. I think he does a fantastic job of breaking down X's and O's.

Tough loss. Have to play defense without fouling.

You can tell CNM is trying to find his rotation. I could be wrong, but I don't remember hearing Sims name called very often in the 2nd half. Thought that was interesting.

Millner-Criss is getting better every game. If he continues to shoot lights out, he can really stretch the floor for us on the offensive end.

Lastly, I really enjoy KT's color commentary during the game. I think he does a fantastic job of breaking down X's and O's.
Kyle is the best color man ever.

Kyle is the best color man ever.

I don't know about "best" but he does bring a lot to the coverage. Broadcast of games just isn't the same when we're on the road ($$$) or he has a conflict and he's not on the call.

I think we have a group of talented players that need to figure out how to become a talented team. One thing that stood out is we don't have that go-to guy yet. We have some players that could be that, but they still need to figure out how to play together and their roles. I also think just learning how to win again. I know if they can pull it all together they can be a very good team. The question is if and when they will on a consistent basis. Some positives were that Dishman looks to be more comfortable every game, Jalen Jordan finally started knocking down shots, Millner-Criss's game vs. Murray doesn't look like a fluke, and the post-game interview Jalen Jordan also stated they pride themselves on defense and if they don't play defense at a high level nothing else matters. That is the right attitude to have after the last two years of poor defense. We should take care of business Sunday vs a D3 team, but I really want a good showing vs. Ole Miss. I think this team needs that.

ADVERTISEMENT