ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (1-0) vs. Milligan (4-1, 1-0), 11am, Friday, 11/9/18

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
C4BhwZ4WEAMY20K.jpg

Series:
MT leads 9-2
Founded: 1866 Enrollment: 1,194 Colors: Orange & White Nickname: Buffaloes
Facility: Steve Lacy Fieldhouse
Head Coach: Bill Robinson, 10th year, 139-127
2017-18 Record: 15-14 2017 Postseason: None

Date:
Friday, November 9th
Time: 11:00 AM

Live Video
Live Audio

Live Stats

GAME NOTES

Men's Hoops to host Milligan on Education Day

Last edited:
I am going, thinking about bringing ear plugs

received an email regarding seating for season ticket holders:

Hello Blue Raider men’s basketball season ticket holders,

The MTSU athletic department is excited to once again host local elementary students for our special “Education Day game” this basketball season. As you may recall, this annual event is an incredible opportunity for over 4,000 Rutherford County School students to attend a NCAA D-1 basketball game, and become Blue Raider fans for life!

This special event takes place this Friday, for the Blue Raider men’s basketball game vs. Milligan at 11am.

With so many students in attendance for this special event, special seating requirements come into play. For our passionate Blue Raider season ticket holders, the athletic department has reserved the majority of the first 10 rows in the following sections: D, E, F, N, O and P.

We ask that regardless of your season ticket location, you sit in the first 10 rows of these sections. Outside of those six sections, various schools have specific seat assignments for student tracking and safety purposes.

Additionally, the Greenland Drive parking lot will be unavailable for all vehicular traffic other than those with handicap decals. These spaces will be in Greenland lot A& B and are first-come, first-serve until they are full.

BRAA valet services will not be offered during the game due to the logistical nature in which all school students will be entering and exiting the Murphy Center pre & post-game.

We sincerely thank you in advance for your understanding and support, and look forward to showcasing Murphy Center and our basketball teams to over 4,000 Rutherford County School children tomorrow!

GO BLUE RAIDERS!

And Scurry is much bigger than I thought.
Yea he is almost exactly the same size as Reggie Upshaw. Scurry is 6'6" 230 and Upshaw 6'7" 230. When you think about the year we played with Williams and Upshaw as our bigs we are not much smaller at the 4 and 5 position and are bigger at the guard position. They did have a big body in Walters, but Gamble is also a decent sized player. I do not think we will have a terrible year. Of course 6 TOs in the first 10 minutes against Milligan is not a good sign.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I guess we listed Upshaw at 6'8" his Sr. year, but 6'7" the 3 previous years. he either grew an inch or we gave him one.

And Scurry is much bigger than I thought.
Yea he is almost exactly the same size as Reggie Upshaw. Scurry is 6'6" 230 and Upshaw 6'7" 230. When you think about the year we played with Williams and Upshaw as our bigs we are not much smaller at the 4 and 5 position and are bigger at the guard position. They did have a big body in Walters, but Gamble is also a decent sized player. I do not think we will have a terrible year. Of course 6 TOs in the first 10 minutes against Milligan is not a good sign.

Now only if Hawthorne can produce like Williams! Not gonna happen but I get your point.

I didn’t think Hawthorne had offense skills but is does.

Now only if Hawthorne can produce like Williams! Not gonna happen but I get your point.

I didn’t think Hawthorne had offense skills but is does.
No he will not produce like Williams, but I do think he fits McDevitt's style of play more than Williams would. I think this was the perfect coach for his skillset. Of course we will not really know until the level of competition increases.

did the light come on at all for Massenburg?

He is a work in progress. I am not sure is a basketball player.

I think we have as much size as we ever have. But I hope TJ develops.

You should see Hawthorne - completely different player.

If Nick can get Gamble to become a double double player it would change the outlook for the season, but I don't think it will happen.

This was about as good of a start through these two games as you could hope for. The offense really seems to be clicking well. Some real tests coming up now. That will be the indicator for the season. How will we fare at Belmont, etc.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Yea. It's easy to look good and pour in 100 points against lesser teams. Let's see what happens when this team gets smacked in the mouth and plays against equal level competition.

The score today against Milligan was about the same as it was a couple years ago when we went 31-5 with Upshaw and Williams. This is also a better Milligan team from their record so far. I know it does not mean much, but it is all we have to go by right now.

If Nick can get Gamble to become a double double player it would change the outlook for the season, but I don't think it will happen.

Walters wasn't a double double guy for the year. We just need Gamble to be better. Right now, he isn't even starting - Scurry and Hawthorne are.

Walters wasn't a double double guy for the year. We just need Gamble to be better. Right now, he isn't even starting - Scurry and Hawthorne are.
I think Scurry and Hawthorne will continue to start. I can see some games Gamble starting if we are playing a team like Western with the size they have, but we may just try to speed up the game and make their bigs run. Walters would be neutralized when teams did that to us. We just need Gamble to pull down 8-10 boards a game and play good defense. If he can pitch in 6-8 points and a block even better.

Gamble played 23 minutes to Scurry's 20 and got a double double. It's nice to have that coming off the bench. Not that will be every night with the tougher competition coming up, but in my eyes the production from Gamble can be close to that of Scurry and that is a good thing.

Last edited:
Didn't Marshall run us out of the gym with just 1 big and a bunch off shooters? If I remember correctly there 4 was only 6'6" and he was killing us on put back dunks and baseline bombs.

I was actually worried we could've lost one of these last two games. Even though we have some turnover issues, I think they went about as well as we could've hoped for.

The real test comes Monday.

I was actually worried we could've lost one of these last two games. Even though we have some turnover issues, I think they went about as well as we could've hoped for.

The real test comes Monday.

Well, Belmont should be a test, but just a reminder, Byrd had CKD's number as long as he was here, Belmont was dominant in the series. Just saying, that if we win or lose, it doesn't necessarily prove out to be a predictor of the rest of season. Though I will thoroughly enjoy a victory on the road if that does happen.

Well, Belmont should be a test, but just a reminder, Byrd had CKD's number as long as he was here, Belmont was dominant in the series. Just saying, that if we win or lose, it doesn't necessarily prove out to be a predictor of the rest of season. Though I will thoroughly enjoy a victory on the road if that does happen.
That’s a good point! Our results against Belmont don’t necessarily dictate a great or awful season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT