ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-4, 0-2) @ FIU (0-1) (ESPNU), 3PM, Saturday, October 10, 2020

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links are a work in progress

14350869_103033743496340_6626545100711264256_n.0.jpg

Florida International University
Founded: 1965 Enrollment: 56,886 Undergrad 48,186 Postgrad 8,700
Acceptance rate: 50%
Colors: Blue and Gold
Fight song: FIU Fight Song
Series: MT leads 9-5 on the field (one win vacated by FIU due to NCAA sanctions).
Stadium: OCEAN BANK FIELD AT FIU STADIUM
Head Coach: Butch Davis (Arkansas, 1974)
Record at FIU: 23-16 (4th) Overall: 102-59 (13th)
2019 Record: 6-7 (3-5) 2019 Bowl: Camellia
Starters Ret./Lost: 14/11 Lettermen R/L: 53/20

Weather Forecast:

Where:
Ocean Bank Field at FIU Stadium, 11200 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33199

Stadium Policies: COVID 19 UPDATES – FOOTBALL GAME DAY PROTOCOLS Due to physical distancing requirements, total capacity Riccardo Silva Stadium will be 20% in the seating bowl.

Television: ESPNU, (Clay Matvick and Rocky Boiman ) ESPNU available in Murfreesboro/Nashville on the following channels: 605/1605 AT&T Uverse, 70 Spectrum, 712/1720 Comcast, 141 Dish, 208 DirecTV.

Radio:
PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, Murfreesboro – WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM; Lynchburg – WDUC 93.9 FM; Nashville – The Game 102.5 FM/97.5 FM; TuneIn

Streaming:
Audio, espn.com/watch ESPNU can be streamed on fuboTV, Hulu with Live TV, AT&T TV NOW, Sling TV, Playstation VUE or YouTube TV

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Miami Herald, FIU Student paper, , , ,

Message Boards:
FIU Golden Panthers, ,,

Blogs:
The Prowl, saintpetersblog.com, ,

Athletic site:
fiusports.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides:
FIU, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:

Game Notes:
FIU Notes, MT GAME NOTES

Roster: Panthers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: Middle Tennessee vs. FIU Football Prediction and Preview, Looking ahead to MT and FIU

Twitter: @FIUFootball, @FIUAthletics, @PetePelegrin, @FIUPantherVSN, @TamiamiArmy, @PantherPodcast, @AJRicketts, @EricCHenry_, @DavidDrucker,
@BarstoolSports, , ,

Hashtags:
#FIU, #FIUPanthers, #PawsUp,

Facebook: FIU Panthers,

Youtube:
FIU Panthers, , ,

Instagram: fiuathletics, fiupanthersfootball

2019 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (2-5, 1-2) vs FIU (4-3, 2-2), HOMECOMING, 2:30PM, Saturday, 10/26/2019

2018 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (3-2, 2-0) @ FIU (3-2, 1-0), 6:30PM, Saturday, October 13, 2018

2017 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (2-3, 0-1) vs FIU (3-1, 2-0)(Homecoming)(TV: ESPN3), 2PM, Saturday, October 7, 2017

2016 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee (5-2; 2-1) @ FIU (3-5; 3-1), (ESPN3), 6PM, Saturday, October 29, 2016

2015 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee vs FIU, 11AM, Saturday, October 17, 2015

Last edited:
Chances are better this week. Up from 18.2. Yay.

Well, you'll be delirious then, the following week, when espn gives MT a little over 40% chance against north texas ...

That's about as good as it gets, as far as espn is concerned about MT's chances of a win the rest of the way...

Well, you'll be delirious then, the following week, when espn gives MT a little over 40% chance against north texas ...

That's about as good as it gets, as far as espn is concerned about MT's chances of a win the rest of the way...
I figue we should be around 22.8 for NT. Competing.

Reactions: SpaceRaider

I’m not claiming to be privy to inside information but someone I trust has indicated that something may be brewing. Whether or not it’s enough? We can only hope.

If the move doesn’t involve Massaro retiring then I have little faith in the outcome. Firing Stock would just result in Massaro hiring and I have better faith in my 3 yr old picking our next coach than Massaro.

With this crew, the move could be Stock taking over play calling or maybe let West make the D calls. Those move would really get us competing.

Reactions: dukewayne
If the move doesn’t involve Massaro retiring then I have little faith in the outcome. Firing Stock would just result in Massaro hiring and I have better faith in my 3 yr old picking our next coach than Massaro.

With this crew, the move could be Stock taking over play calling or maybe let West make the D calls. Those move would really get us competing.
I have zero faith in Stock as a play caller and West leading the defensive side...West’s units have regressed under his tutelage

I have zero faith in Stock as a play caller and West leading the defensive side...West’s units have regressed under his tutelage.

Just make a call to UAB and So. Miss and ask them how that worked out. Or better yet, Memphis in 2006 when he fired Joe Lee Dunn after game 3 at ECU and “took over the defense” then lost 8 in a row.. Finished 2-10 and 108th out of 119.

There is a reason he didn’t move on to the NFL like most guys his age when they hit the twilight of their careers and don’t have to recruit but simply fine tune / teach the pros from their “wealth of experience.”

I don’t think anyone would be unhappy with Schafer. Franklin, on the other hand.....

FIU may have a starting QB from Tennessee, coached in High School by Jonathan Quinn, former MT and NFL QB, who coached Norton to a 2018 undefeated record and state championship while playing for Davidson Academy (Nashville, Tennessee)

But according to Stock and Chip in yesterday’s presser, “we really recruit Florida well with over 17 guys from FL on the roster. Florida has a lot of good players with good HS coaching.” Yet, FIU snags a QB less than 30 miles from Murfreesboro who played for a former Blue Raider.
😂😂
Beautiful.

But according to Stock and Chip in yesterday’s presser, “we really recruit Florida well with over 17 guys from FL on the roster. Florida has a lot of good players with good HS coaching.” Yet, FIU snags a QB less than 30 miles from Murfreesboro who played for a former Blue Raider.
😂😂
Beautiful.

The best Florida football is 1-4 corridor south, they can kiss it with all the sunshine pumping.

so can we sign Quinn to be O.C. next year?

Quinn, IIRC, was OC at a lower college division MidAmerican Nazarene for a couple of years before stepping up to be the Head Coach there for five years where he was pretty successful, before returning home to Nashville to coach HS ball.

😂😂
Beautiful.
The hits just keep coming. It's like watching the old Dean Martin roasts. One laugh after another.

FWIW, dnj's Spears might as well be working for the MT SID

GoMiddle staff > DNJ & Tennessean combined.

Tyler in one article provided better investigative journalism than Joe has in his entire time at the DNJ.

Florida International Series (MT leads 10-5)

Year W/L Score Site

2005 L 35-31 A
2006 W 7-6 H
2007 W 47-6 H
2008 L 21-31 A
2009 W 48-21 H
2010 W 28-27 A
2011 L 18-31 H
2012 W 34-30 A
2013 W 48-0 H
2014 L 38-28 A
2015 W 42-34 H
2016 W 42-35 A
2017 W 37-17 H
2018 L 24-21 A
2019 W 50-17 H

At Murfreesboro: 7-1
At Miami: 3-4

The best Florida football is 1-4 corridor south, they can kiss it with all the sunshine pumping.

one excerpt from this goblueraiders.com article:

"Head coach Rick Stockstill and his staff have done a terrific job the last few years of recruiting heavily in the state of Florida..."

one excerpt from this goblueraiders.com article:

"Head coach Rick Stockstill and his staff have done a terrific job the last few years of recruiting heavily in the state of Florida..."

Half from the area that i was talking about, how many are truly contributing? how many are legit 3 star guys? Seems like when Diaz, Mangum, Ellis were here that's what we saw coming out of florida.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT