ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-3, 0-1) vs WKU (0-2, 0-0) (ESPN3)/Homecoming, Saturday 4PM, October 3, 2020

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

Western Kentucky University
Founded: 1906 Enrollment: 20,171 Undergrad Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
93.3%
Colors: Red and White Nickname: Hilltoppers Mascot: Big Red
Fight song: "Stand up and Cheer" (Fight song of Ohio, WKU, Montana St. and SEMOST)
Series: MT leads 35-33-1 (In Murfreesboro: MT leads 21-14-1; At Bowling Green: WKU leads 19-14)
Stadium: Houchens (22,113)
Head Coach: Tyson Helton (Houston, 1999)
Record at WKU: 9-4 (2nd) Overall: Same
2019 Record: 9-4 (6-2) 2019 Bowl: First Responder
Starters Ret./Lost: 16/6 Lettermen R/L: 43/16

Where:
Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium/Horace Jones Field, 1500 Greenland Dr, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Television: ESPN3, Jake Rose and Jeremy Kellem

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius: 961 (app and web player), TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: WATCH

Live Stats:
LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Daily News, wku Herald,

Message Boards: HilltopperHaven, wkuInsider, Red Towel Talk

Blogs: Inside Hilltopper Sports, Hilltopper Focus, The Red Towel

Athletic site: wkusports.com, GoBlueRaiders.com, gbr - game day central

Media Guides: WesternKy, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes:
WKU Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Hilltoppers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: WKU vs Middle Tennessee Prediction, Game Preview, Looking ahead to MT and WKU

Twitter: @WKUFootball, @WKUSports,@WKUSportsPics, @zach_greenwell, @MrChadBishop, @TheTowelRackWKU

Hashtags: #100MilesofHate #MTvsWKU #BlueRaiders #BeatWKU #TrueBlue , ,

Facebook: WKUAthletics, WKUFootball

Youtube: WKUSports,

Instagram: WKUSports, wku_football

2019 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (4-7, 3-4) @ WKU (7-4, 5-2), (ESPN+), 1PM, Saturday, November 30, 2019

2018 Game Thread: MIDDLE TENNESSEE (5-3; 4-1) vs WKU (1-7; 0-4)(CBSSN)/Salute to Armed Forces, 7PM, Friday, 11/2/18

2017 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) @ Western Kentucky (5-5, 3-3) (CBSSN), 7PM, Friday, 11/17/2017

Last edited:
The record against wku under the Stockstill regime

2007 L 17-20 H
2008 W 21-10 A
2009 W 62-24 H
2010 W 27-26 A
2011 L 33-36 (2OT) H
2012 W 34-29 A

2014 W 50-47 (OT) H
2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A

2018 W 29-10 H

2019 L 31-26 A

updating what I posted last year:

We are 1-4 the last five years against wku, if you include the recent series against vandy, we are 1-8 against our closest FBS opponents/rivals. I believe this more than anything has killed fan support for this program.

No other FBS program would allow this to continue without changing coaches and ADs. Convince me I am wrong...

After back to back losses to MTSU, I was told by a very reliable source that a couple of the money folks who were in Murfreesboro that night in ‘09 were screaming for Tommy West’s firing before the bus even pulled out of Faulkinberry Dr.
Cooler heads prevailed and they allowed him to finish the season but then he ranted on the way out. He lost to Ark. St. on a last play Hail Mary in Memphis in ‘06 and blew a 31-6 halftime lead in Jonesboro the next year losing 35-31.

My point being, two years of losing to local foes like MTSU and Ark. St. was all it took for Memphis to make a change. The same for Larry Porter. I honestly don’t understand the current MTSU staff’s logic to allow this to continue but it is what it is.

The record against wku under the Stockstill regime

2007 L 17-20 H
2008 W 21-10 A
2009 W 62-24 H
2010 W 27-26 A
2011 L 33-36 (2OT) H
2012 W 34-29 A

2014 W 50-47 (OT) H
2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A

2018 W 29-10 H

2019 L 31-26 A

6-6.
Wow. Who would ever imagine that.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I don’t think that’s across the board. Most of the lines I’ve seen at +7. If there’s one we are favored it’s time to bet the house

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I don’t think that’s across the board. Most of the lines I’ve seen at +7. If there’s one we are favored it’s time to bet the house

yeah its strange for that link I posted to be such an outlier

odds shark has wku favored by 7 which seems more in line with what I expected

Just had a quick mention about MT and O’Hara on Atlanta sports radio this morning. Basically Aaron Murray used O’Hara as an example of QBs struggling and how the coaches were hurting his confidence by pulling him. Then mentioned that RS/TF told him they trusted him and will let him work through it. So when he struggled early against UTSA, not pulling him really built his confidence and said that he overall “balled” from there on out. Alluded to a point MT01 made earlier about dropped passes and the team losing, but O’Hara played better and he expects O’Hara to carry that over.

The discussion was about UGA and not MT, but it will be interesting to see if O’Hara does carry confidence into this week and play better.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Just had a quick mention about MT and O’Hara on Atlanta sports radio this morning. Basically Aaron Murray used O’Hara as an example of QBs struggling and how the coaches were hurting his confidence by pulling him. Then mentioned that RS/TF told him they trusted him and will let him work through it. So when he struggled early against UTSA, not pulling him really built his confidence and said that he overall “balled” from there on out. Alluded to a point MT01 made earlier about dropped passes and the team losing, but O’Hara played better and he expects O’Hara to carry that over.

The discussion was about UGA and not MT, but it will be interesting to see if O’Hara does carry confidence into this week and play better.
I don’t know if you heard it, but the commentary team (Murray included) brought that up multiple times during the game. Like you, I was interested by it.

And after the first interception, the sideline reporter said she heard Franklin go up to each WR and say, “that was my fault, not Asher’s.”

There’s something weird about that to me.

I don’t know if you heard it, but the commentary team (Murray included) brought that up multiple times during the game. Like you, I was interested by it.

And after the first interception, the sideline reporter said she heard Franklin go up to each WR and say, “that was my fault, not Asher’s.”

There’s something weird about that to me.
The coaches (Stock and Franklin) know that without a serviceable QB then they won’t win another game. Asher is their only hope at QB because of what their lack of recruiting has created. But let’s be honest, he’s a 6 ft. 180 lb. walk-on QB playing FBS Football who rose to the top of the heap. Keeping his confidence level up is their best and only option.

The coaches (Stock and Franklin) know that without a serviceable QB then they won’t win another game. Asher is their only hope at QB because of what their lack of recruiting has created. But let’s be honest, he’s a 6 ft. 180 lb. walk-on QB playing FBS Football who rose to the top of the heap. Keeping his confidence level up is their best and only option.
Right, I get that for sure. And I think Asher is a good QB.

What I didn’t understand is going to the WRs and apologizing. I guess what I’m getting at -are the receivers mad?

Reactions: FranklinRaider315

This is the program's entire failure in a nutshell.

Not good enough in February, means you're not good enough in the fall.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Right, I get that for sure. And I think Asher is a good QB.

What I didn’t understand is going to the WRs and apologizing. I guess what I’m getting at -are the receivers mad?
My 2 guesses

Please don’t lose confidence in Asher. Please don’t split and ask for Chase to come in. We created a QB controversy in weeks 1 & 2, now we will stop it.

OR

A receiver or 2 was open and Asher threw to a specific route/person because TF told him to. Maybe a situation explaining that it wasn’t Asher’s fault for where the ball went, don’t turn on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT