ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (0-0) vs. Belmont (0-1), 5:30PM, Sunday, December 6, 2020

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game 1: Middle Tennessee (0-0, 0-0 C-USA) vs. Belmont (0-1, 0-0 OVC)
Sunday, Dec. 6, 2020 – 5:30 p.m. CST
Murphy Center – Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Belmont
Enrollment: 8,200
Head Coach: Bart Brooks 4th Season at BU: 79-21 (.790)

Radio: WGNS 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM; 1450-AM Talent: Dick Palmer (pxp) Duane Hickey (analyst)
Live Stream: CUSA.tv/raidervision
Live Audio: TuneIn
Live Stats:
MT vs Belmont
Twitter Updates: @MT_WBB

Last edited:
I 'm hoping they bury belmont and power through the season. Would love to see a deep NCAA run.

Reactions: subkyle
Why can we not watch without paying cusa Tv. Every other conference shows their games for free on ESPN+

We play in a garbage league! I am so glad we left the Sunbelt for this league. IMO this is a terrible loss and we were not ready to play much like the men’s team in the tournament. I had another friend of the program pull his funding. We are sending the athletic programs into hell. Yes, CRI will get this going in the right direction but as a whole our athletic teams are stumbling in a big way.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, either our so-called talent is over-rated, or they think they can get away with an half-ass effort

Observations of what little I saw of the action:
-Free throws need work...
-3-pt. shot Defense needs work...
-Boothe has a nice touch but needs to use the Right hand on the right side of the basket (it seemed she lined up on the right side each entry)...
-It seemed each entry pass, on offense, came in the same pattern...
-I felt Hayes was OC(out of control) in many of her drives to the basket...

Interesting from the ladies game against Belmont: For the Lady Bruins four of their freshmen played a total of 69 minutes, scored 31 points and had 18 rebounds. For the Lady Raiders two of the four newcomers played a total of 27 minutes (25 by Sr. transfer Cage) scoring 9 points with 1 rebound.

Remind me once again how good Rick and Matt are at recruiting.

And once again we have an influx of Bigs none of which are seeing much time on the floor (let's hope one or more will soon be demanding PT).

Analyzing the game from watching it appears we either are hitting the three or have a hard time scoring. No mid-range or inside game against Belmont and if Cage or either Hayes goes to the basket in traffic their lack of height is a liability. Sure didn't look like a top 25 team against Belmont, much less one destined for a deep NCAA run.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
The recruiting has improved on paper but the records have not. Three straight WNIT trips. I'm doubting that Rick will get them back to the NCAA tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT