ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-0) @ #7/#7 Michigan (0-0), 6:30PM, Saturday, August 31, 2019

Anyone notice that stuckstills beloved sideline bubble screen was missing from this game plan?

Here's my take from the game......

1. O'Hara is a stud. The kid is fearless. He's the no.1 no question. The Cunningham kid isn't evern close. I have no idea why they even subbed him in.

2. We have some nice WR's. The constant rotation is kind of stupid but we have lots of talent there. Marshall needs to start.

3. Our D line impressed the hell out of me. We are good there. 4th and goal and we stop them. I love it.

4. If we can get some things cleared up, the secondary will be a strength.

5. UM is the toughest team on our schedule and we didn't back down one bit. We are only going to get better as a team. I'm very optimistic.

6. We played Michigan a hell of a lot better than we played Vandy or UGA last year. Night and day difference in our performance. We are a better overall team in my opinion.

7. As I predicted, UM is no UGA. Not even in the same stratosphere.

We started 4 new offensive lineman yesterday and a new quarterback. By the 3rd or 4th game they should be tough. I think the offense we ran last night was perfect for O'Hara's talents. Cunningham seemed to have a better touch on his ball but overall he is just not quite ready. I think getting him some pt yesterday will pay dividends down the line. O'Hara's style of play will most likely get him dinged up and we will need Cunningham some this year. O'Hara has improved in the passing game. Good to see.

Agree with JT on our defense looking pretty good. Their wide receivers pushed off to get open and it was NEVER called. That interference call in the end zone was BS! Even the Michigan announcers were miffed at why it was called interference. We tackled well. Our D was on the field too much but still never quit. This season has the potential to be a special season. Go Raiders!!!

I actually enjoyed the game...all I wanted was for us to play hard and give great effort - cover the spread. We did all this and more. I love having a QB who is mobile, I think we should only recruit QBs who can run. Our Defense got after it; they played fearless. At the end of the day UM just has better players and won but good to see us fight after the performance in the bowl game last year.

He's not only mobile, he is smart. That TD pass was freaking beautiful. He escaped pressure, stayed patient and allowed pierce to get open. He also saw him but didn't lead with his eyes making sure the D pursued him not the open WR and then he released the ball on the run and it wasn't overthrown. Lots of upside here.

UM pushed off a lot and held us a lot more. It was ridiculous.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Going to beat the dead horse here but I don’t see how you come away from this game with anything other than an optimistic outlook on the rest of the season.

I’ve said that I think MT will have the best defense in CUSA, and I’ll gladly double down on that after watching them last night.

The offense is clearly a work in progress and will be through the Iowa game. No idea why Cunningham was subbed in and no idea where Johnson was (never even saw him on the sideline). I think Dobson will be a focal point all year. As soon as he came in for the second half they tried several ways to get him going. Still need to see O’Hara actually sling the ball around down the field. Last night was very dink and dunk but the playbook was also barely cracked open, and for good reason. What I do know is the kid is a gamer and a warrior and, for now, is the clear #1 QB.

Was most impressed by the fight in the team. The stage wasn’t too big and they seemed to play loose all night. If anything Michigan was more frustrated at times, hence why Harbough made the switch to McCaffrey.

Again, overall you have to feel good coming out of this game. TSU can’t be discounted though. Need to win and get that feeling back. Duke is a very winnable game if they get right.

no idea where Johnson was (never even saw him on the sideline).

he was there, didnt warm up but he was standing with the QB's when they were throwing back n forth. Looks like a redshirt year for him

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT