ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (0-0) @ #7/#7 Michigan (0-0), 6:30PM, Saturday, August 31, 2019

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, work in progress:

10254684-880x495.jpeg

University of Michigan
Founded: 1817 Enrollment: 46,710 Undergrad 29,821 Postgrad 16,181
Acceptance rate: 22.8%
Colors: Maize and Blue
Fight song: The Victors
Series: First Meeting
Stadium: Michigan Capacity: 107,601
Coach: Jim Harbaugh (Michigan, 1986)
Record at UM: 38-14 (26-9) (5th season) Overall: 96-41
2018 Record:
10-3 2018 Bowl: Peach (Florida 41, Michigan 15)
Starters Ret./Lost: 19/9 Lettermen R/L: 74/26

Weather Forecast:
Partly cloudy, Wind 5mph N, high 73F, low 53F

Where: Michigan Stadium, 1201 S. Main St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104-3722

Stadium Policies: Prohibited Items, 2019 Michigan Stadium Guide

Television:
Big Ten Network, Kevin Kugler (play-by-play), Matt Millen (color), and Rick Pizzo (sideline), 650-1650 AT&T U-Verse, 706/1313 Comcast/Xfinity, 410 Dish Network, 610 DirecTV.

Watch online: BTN+, also available on Fubo TV (Free trial at fubo.tv), Playstation Vue, Youtube TV, & Hulu Live

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5/97.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius XM TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio, Video (Free trial at fubo.tv)

Live Stats: live stats

Newspapers:
mlive.com, Detroit News, Detroit Free-Press, MichiganDaily.com(student paper), wolverineswire(USATodayMichiganpage),

Message Boards:
The Wolverine, MGoBoard, Stadium and Main, , , , The Victors

Blogs/Podcasts: Maize n Brew, umgoblue.com, gbmwolverine.com, mavensports, TheWolverineLounge.com, MGoFish.com, , Touch The Banner, themichiganmanpodcast.com, maizenbluenation, BlockMNews,

Athletic site:
mgoblue.com , goblueraiders.com

Media Guides:
, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Michigan (Orlando Sentinel #11), CFN 2019 Preview - Michigan, , , Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #99),

Game Notes:
UM Game Notes, MT GAME NOTES, C-USA NOTES

Roster: Wolverines, Blue Raiders

Depth Chart: none this week by either program

Game Previews:
Michigan Monday: Game 1 vs. Middle Tennessee, Previewing Middle Tennessee With A Blue Raider Insider, Looking ahead to MT and UM

Twitter: @UMichFootball, @CoachJim4UM, @UMichAthletics, @umichtix, @MaizenBrew, @anthonytbroome, @BigTenNetwork, @MichiganOnBTN, @bigtenmedia, @AaronMcMann, @chengelis, @BlockMNews1, , , , , , @michiganinsider, @MaizeBlueNation, , @TouchTheBanner, @247Wolverine, , , , , , @TheWolverineMag, @BSB_Wolverine, @JB_Wolverine, @AustinFox42, , , , , @Balas_Wolverine, @DrewCHallett, @Johnubacon, @DavidRNoe, @SamWebb77, @WolverineSounds, @TheMichiganMan, , ,

Hashtags:
#GoBlue, , , ,

Facebook:
Michigan Football, Michigan Wolverines on BTN

Youtube: Michigan Athletics, Big Ten Network Michigan playlist,

Instagram:
umichfootball,

Last edited:
My friend wanted me to ask if anyone was interested in tickets. He will sell them for what he paid for them. He bought them through the MTSU ticket office.

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders and Michigan Wolverines meet Saturday in college football action at Michigan Stadium.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have won no less than seven games in each of the last four years and have a chance to get one of the bigger wins in program history. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have split their last six road games. Middle Tennessee returns four starters from an offense that averaged 28 points and 393.4 yards per game. Asher O'Hara will takeover at quarterback after throwing 20 passes last season in a backup role. Chaton Mobley and Terelle West will once again be an effective 1-2 punch at running back and Ty Lee is back as the Blue Raiders leading receiver. Middle Tennessee returns six starters from a defense that allowed 267 points and 377.9 yards per game. Reed Blankenship is one of the better defensive backs you’ve probably never heard of, and he’s coming off a season where he had 107 tackles, seven pass deflections and four interceptions. DQ Thomas had seven sacks, 13.5 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles.

The Michigan Wolverines won double-digit games for the third time under coach Jim Harbaugh, but expectations have to be higher as he enters his fifth season. The Michigan Wolverines have won 11 of their last 13 home games. Michigan returns eight starters from an offense that averaged 35.2 points and 419.5 yards per game. Shea Patterson is one of the better returning quarterbacks in the country and makes the Wolverines a title contender if he plays to his potential. Michigan also has his top-two targets returning in Nico Collins and Donovan Peoples-Jones, a receiving duo that combined for 14 of his 22 passing touchdowns. Michigan returns five starters from a defense that allowed 19.4 points and 275.2 yards per game. Michigan has to replace its top-three tacklers from last year and leader in Devin Bush, but linebacker Josh Ross is coming off a promising sophomore season and Josh Uche returns after leading Michigan with seven sacks. Honestly, Harbaugh is starting to run out of excuses for why this program isn’t taking the next step. This could be a do-or-die season for the Michigan Wolverines.

The Blue Raiders are 8-18-1 ATS in their last 27 games on fieldturf, 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in August and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall. The Wolverines are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 home games, 1-6 ATS in their last 7 non-conference games and 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall. The over is 4-1 in Wolverines last 5 games overall. The over is 4-1 in Blue Raiders last 5 games overall.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders were a decent team last year and have some talent on both sides of the ball, but they're out of their league in this one.....Either Harbaugh leads this team to the college football playoff or heads could roll in Ann Arbor. It's critical Michigan makes an early statement and takes care of business in impressive fashion. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are just the team in the way.....

Good luck! For those coming to the game, you’ll have a blast in Ann Arbor. Walk the tailgate areas Michigan fans are very hospitable. I’m glad it’s a night game because it’s usually in the 90’s for the opener, but it’s only supposed to be a high of 73 during the day. Might be in the high 50’s-Low 60’s by the end of the game. Safe travels

I do love the "we won't back down from anybody" talk from Stock. He's on record saying he plays to win every game that we go into regardless of the opponent. Big fan of that approach because you never know when your opponent might have a bad day and your kids are on fire (See Georgia Tech circa 2012ish when Cunningham went CRAZY)

With that being said, I hope we don't hold out any starters based on "injuries" that would normally play in, let's say, a CUSA championship game. I understand it's extremely unlikely we beat Michigan, but I wanna give them every shot we have and make it as competitive and as close as possible. We don't play against the Big Ten often and we get two opportunities this year and I'd love for us to make the best of them. I live in Big Ten country so I would be tickled pink if we could make a game of it @ Michigan.

I'll be there on Saturday. Section 2, row 87. Let's go blue!

One thing I can tell y'all I never dream much but especially about MT.

But last night I had a dream. I had a dream about MT. I had a dream about MT and MT jumped out to a 21-0 lead. LMAO. If only. The funny thing about the dream is I wasn't able to see the whole game and I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how it turned out. I couldn't get scores on my phone and I couldn't figure out what happened or what the final was. So, I woke up thinking we lost 42-21. LMAO.

No joke either. I really did dream this.

One thing I can tell y'all I never dream much but especially about MT.

But last night I had a dream. I had a dream about MT. I had a dream about MT and MT jumped out to a 21-0 lead. LMAO. If only. The funny thing about the dream is I wasn't able to see the whole game and I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how it turned out. I couldn't get scores on my phone and I couldn't figure out what happened or what the final was. So, I woke up thinking we lost 42-21. LMAO.

No joke either. I really did dream this.
I think most of us would be decently satisfied with that.

I'll be won't be able to watch the game until halftime. By that time, should know if it's worth tuning in for or just find an alternative game. Hoping for option A.

I've heard that, while big, the Big House is not an imposing place to play for opposing teams. One of the main reasons is that the fans are a ways away from the field.

If you want to get some details about our team then listening to Rick Stockstill is not who you want in front of a microphone. PR is not his strong suit.

ADVERTISEMENT