ADVERTISEMENT

Message boards, Apps, etc?

Jan 7, 2015
New guy here. Trying to get involved with MTSU sports since I do have one of those degree things on my wall. Anyhow, it looks to me like this is the most active message board so Congrads on that achievement but are there other message boards or apps I should be aware of?

I know UT and Vandy both have a gameday app that can be loaded on your phone and links you to all sports and you can listen to all radio broadcast on your phone.

Any help on getting linked in to MTSU sports would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome aboard!

This site has been around for over a decade at this point, so you found a good landing spot.

There is another site out there, but as the Publisher of this one, I don't travel over there.

As for apps, Rivals.com is actually in the midst of a HUGE overhaul to their sites, and that will include fully functional apps and things of that nature. There is a mobile friendly site, you can access it from any smartphone and it gives the site a better look and feel in my opinion. I usually post from my phone so I find it very convenient. From your phone's browser, just type in mobile.rivals.com and that will take you to the main page. From there, at the top right corner you'll see "Teams". Just click that and find MT. Bookmark, and boom.

As for staying in the know - outside of the DNJ, you won't find a better source than here, especially for recruiting information. Try the free trial and head over to the "Lighting's Lounge" forum for all the premium content your heart can desire.

Again, welcome!

This post was edited on 1/7 11:47 PM by cbow0328

Here is the breakdown on the two sites historically and currently IMHO.

1. This site was and is the best site for recruiting info and there is not a close second. Worth the 8 dollars a month if you care about recruiting. This site has always been a great spot for news because Space seems to comb the interwebs looking for all things MT and does a good job finding it. This site has historically been a little more high strung, more emotional, over-reactionary, fire the coach, etc.

2. The other site was where a lot of the bigger boosters congregated. Generally good info about events( home and away), tailgating and the inter-workings on campus etc . To me it was never that great for recruiting(I think they got a lot of info from here after it left the private board) but it was fun and gave good info on the school. It tended to not be as reactionary and a more mellow place to talk MT. Unfortunately that started gradually changing a couple of years ago. It has gotten far worse recently than this site ever was as far irrational and flat out misinformed posts. Only one of the larger boosters I know still post there and even he posts less than ever. Info is scarce and complaining is high. Misinformation is even higher. It's a shame. It was honestly my preferred board for fan interaction. I hope it gets fixed and reverts back but I fear the damage is done. The only good news is several of this board's more irrational posters seem to feel more at home there so this board has mellowed out some.

Welcome aboard. We can never have too many fans or posters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT