ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis head coach job apparently spurned by Greg Marshall and Buzz Williams,

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
...the current interest is in Tubby Smith, the majority of tiger high fans are not excited by the prospect, but tx tech may have countered. If its not Tubby Smith, I think it desperation will set in down memphis...

Last edited:
...the current interest is in Tubby Smith, the majority of tiger high fans are not excited by the prospect, but tx tech may have countered. If its not Tubby Smith, I think it desperation will set in down memphis...

Someone else said this and it's so true.

If you could buy Memphis basketball for what it's actually worth, and sell it for what Memphis fans think it's worth, you'd be a billionaire. I would rather have CKD than Tubby.

As much as I enjoy watching tiger high squirm this only increases the chances that they come after Kermit.

No they din't. And we got a good dose of Tubby vs. Kermit four years ago when we had a 4pt. halftime lead at home in the NIT and the Gophers scored 50 2nd half points.

Using that same logic, Kentucky got a good dose of Andrew O'Toole when Robert Morris beat Calipari and the Cats in the 2013 NIT.

Tubby barely has better winning % than CKD (~67% to ~62%) and he was handed a stacked UK team from Pitino and all the benefits of P5 schools. I would rather have CKD than Tubby.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT