ADVERTISEMENT

Mattis Resigns

BlueRaiderFan

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
Looks like at least some Marines have a good bit of thinking skills...

James Mattis’s Letter of Resignation

“My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues.”

DEC 20, 2018

lead_720_405.jpg

LEAH MILLIS / REUTERS
On Thursday, December 20, Secretary of Defense James Mattis submitted a letter of resignation to President Donald Trump. “Because you have the right to a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects,” he wrote, “I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.” The full text of the letter is reproduced below.

Dear Mr. President:

I have been privileged to serve as our country’s 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.

I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department’s business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong US global influence.

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...IZ3j49FcbbS9PdgGzEwGc7diL5CKA_HEf-EGONYrDBhhs

excerpt:

Marine Generals John Kelly and James Mattis announced their resignations as White House Chief of Staff and Defense Secretary, respectively. We also saw the announcement that Army Chief General Mark Milley was named as the next Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to succeed Marine General Joseph Dunford.

The replacement of all three Marines at the top of the U.S. power hierarchy is simply because they have accomplished their goal of being the tip of the spear, Pentagon sources say. Now that a beachhead has been established in Washington, the U.S. Navy and Army will take care of the bigger organizational and rebuilding issues that will come up now, the sources say.

Also, one Pentagon source said that Mattis and Kelly want to leave the administration before the U.S. government is formally bankrupted. They will instead concentrate on supervising the military tribunals. Once the Washington establishment is cleaned up and the criminals receive justice, both are considering running for public office in 2020, the source says.

Because you have the right to a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects,” he wrote, “I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”

excerpt:

Pentagon sources say U.S. President Donald Trump’s Christmas Day visit to Iraq portends a pull-out from that country. This follows withdrawal announcements from Afghanistan and Syria, as well as a ceasefire in Yemen. We also note that almost all of the U.S. carrier groups are now at rest in their home ports.

Even more dramatically, the sources say, “Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan’s mission will be [to bring out in public view the] space force, bring troops home, release extraterrestrial and suppressed technology, close overseas bases, beat swords into plowshares and cut waste, while building a more lethal military.” This means peace on earth and goodwill to all in a very real sense this holiday season.

The Pentagon sources also say the long U.S. government shutdown “makes it easy to arrest Deep-Staters embedded in the government.” Furthermore, the first senior official to be publicly tried in “Nuremburg 2.0 will be [former CIA Director] John Brennan,” the Pentagon sources say.

Excerpt from what, Lynn, the "Natural News" or one of your other tin foil hat "sources?"

First of all, even if we withdrew 7,000 troops, we would still have troops in Afghanistan. Secondly, the idea that we would have to shut down the government to deal with "deep staters" etc is laughable. There is no cease fire in Yemen. The only truth to your payp is the withdrawal from Syria, which seems, to the simple minded, land credibility to your post. Try including a source next time instead it listing your post as only "excerpt."

kUuht00m_normal.jpg
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
1/7/19, 5:50 PM
Endless Wars, especially those which are fought out of judgement mistakes that were made many years ago, & those where we are getting little financial or military help from the rich countries that so greatly benefit from what we are doing, will eventually come to a glorious end!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT