ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Matt named Assoc. Head Coach

Currently have no problem with Matt taking over. Don't know too much about his x's & o's, have to take that on faith for now. However, his ability to recruit 4 star talent in a 2 to 3 star conference is beyond excellent. Big key is holding on to quality assistants & balancing playing time amongst high quality players

A number of fair to good coaches who went on in careers to be thought of as great coaches figured out one common thread. Good recruiting may be tough, but the arrival of great players sure make life a lot more enjoyable! The Insell's & women's coaching staff at MT have locked in on this. Jada Harrison (recruited by Bama, UT, Vandy et al) arriving next year shows a prime example of this philosophy.
With what's coming back after the final 4 run in wnit last year, don't be surprised to see ladies in top 15-20 in national attendance again next year. If we could only get similar effort out of another fall sport here we wouldn't have to worry about 3,000 fans in a 30,000 seat stadium on a Saturday. Murfreesboro will & can support our athletic teams, it's just like the movie said, "If you build it, they will come". At least that's what our basketball departments have bought into. Go Raiders!

Completely agree. At least we are investing in basketball. I hope MT marketing folks push this team hard and work to grow the fan base because guess what, with some effort in the community, it can raise money with ticket sales most other schools will never sniff (4,000 a game?! That is huge for WBB).

Reactions: MTFAN61
Coach Matt Insell has put out some great practice video under his twitter feed dated from Sept. 27 & Oct. 05. Wish I had a 10 year old around to show me how to transfer the feeds here, Space has been great about helping out. Anyone who can transfer it, please do. Love watching Boldyreva making mince meat of a legit 6' 11" male center. No disrespect buddy, her post moves are becoming second nature

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Wow when I first watched those clips I thought Boldyreva was Malashka making those post moves. She is blowing me away with the skill, apparently she’s picked some moves up from Kseniia. Extremely impressive! I am pleasantly surprised (that I finally noticed it was Anastasiia making all those ‘wow’ moves inside!)

ADVERTISEMENT