ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Marshall parts ways with Doc

Meanwhile, Old Stockstill is still here at Middle plodding along taking millions from the university that he appears to care little about.

This right here. This moment right now is the counter to every single thing that has come out of the university particularly comments by Chris Massaro.

This decision may have come above the head of the athletic director, but one championship in 11 years is clearly not acceptable to those in power in WV. Meanwhile, zero titles in 15 is completely acceptable here. This is why I'm done. Why I won't come back.

Take your pick:

Holliday 11 years Overall 85-54, Conf 55-30, Bowls 6-2
Stock 15 years Overall 94-92, Conf 71-45, Bowls 2-6

Marshall said Holliday's performance wasn't enough to retain him, but it was better in everyway compared to Stock. After 11 years they said no more. We after 15 say - looks good enough for us.

Per the President of the university, he made the decision not the Governor but who knows.

What's sad is that MT used to have this type of requirement for excellence in football. Since conferences were created, MT has never gone this long without a conference title outright. It's now at 28 years since and counting.

Ironically, Boots never would have let MT football get in this shape. He was removed from the AD position because of the relationship with McPhee. Granted Boots may not have been the best manager or fundraiser, and I thought fresh blood might be good to improve our corporate fundraising and donor base but holy hell look where we are now. How did that work out for us?? There's no money to be raised. Success matters. Instead, we have a shit turd swirling around in the toilet with the AD - seemingly oblivious to these obvious facts - trying to convince everyone what a great shit turd it is.

I don't think Masarro gives a damn about MT or Murfreesboro. He is just using it as an ATM machine, same with Stockstill. They are both out of here the second they no longer work for MT, whenever that is. We also have a president that is more concerned with China than making changes to improve athletics, and a board that rubber stamps whatever McPhee wants, including his own raises. Hopeless situation.

Per the President of the university, he made the decision not the Governor but who knows.
I'd guarantee Justice had something to do with it. He is worth 1.9B, is a Marshall grad, and now of course is a two term governor. He also tried to get Doc pushed out a few years back for get this....former Marshall coach Bob Pruett. This is all the talk here right now. It's crazy. Total opposite of MT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT